Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it's illegal but....

*Hand Up* I flush the poo from sposies - however I do do cloth part time and so am used to occasionally flushing the poo for those. I think in a few months as it gets more solid, you'll find it easier.

When DS was in night-time sposies, he did poo at about 7.30 so I left him in his night nappy until he pooed! Then I whipped off the nappy, left him playing on the change mat on the floor and turned the nappy upside down over the loo. Most fell off OK. Loo paper for the bits that didn't.

I admit, I still left tiny bits on that didn't come off easily, but most of it went down the loo. Then I rolled the nappy from the back and stuck it back down so it looked a bit like an envelope. An envelope of POO!!! Yuck, I've just put myself off my lunch now. Anyway, envelope of poo into the outside bin, end of story.

lol had to laugh at this thread, i empty solids in the toilet. makes you wonder though, how come you can put dog poo in the bin... they actually encourage you to put it in the bags at parks and bin it, .... sorry just a thought

That's interesting tan, I guess because it's about preventing spread of human disease, so perhaps that's why doggie doo's okay? Or maybe that's not okay either!

I'm a clothie, so yeah, it comes super easy off microfleece liners, and obviously the flushable liners you flush.
    For sposies, I give a shake, and we have a 'crapula' - an old spatula that I wrap loo paper around and then scrape! To be honest, while I'm usually conscientious, this preg there have been a few 'toss or spew' teething poo moments where I've just bagged the whole thing and run outside for fresh air.

In the UK we have dog poo bins in parks, seperate from rubbish bins. I thought that was the norm!

Legally you're not supposed to put human or animal faeces into general rubbish because of the health risks in the decomposing. However in park that have separate bins for dog poop they generally go through a different process of disposing it.

Some places do have dog poo bins, some don't.

VicParks annoy me as they don't provide ANY bins for waste most of the time, and so there's no real incentive to pick up the dog poo. Inner city has the bins, but very rarely out this way!

Strangely DF won't change a pooey cloth nappy, but will change a pooey sposie, complete with putting poo down the loo!
    I think the smell in the baby room has helped him make that decision!

i had no idea people even do this or that you are supposed to do this! wow!

I just get some loo paper and grab as much of the poo as I can with the loo paper and then chuck it in the loo. Roll up the nappy and chuck in the bin. If its a really runny one its usually just too tricky since it soaks in with a sposie, but if its a chunky one its not too hard.

I only use sposies over night though, or if the cloth nappies arent dry from washing.

I know it says to flush the poo (on the nappy packaging) but I never actually read it until a few months ago. I remember thinking about whether they would flush the poos in a child care centre or if they hve those special nappy bins. I worked casually in a CCC once and there wasnt a special bin, they just chucked the nappies, poo and all, into the normal bin. Its probably too time consuming and difficult, but something I just though of.
    Last edited by Karina; January 24th, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

My g/f who worked in childcare said "wipe the bum with the nappy, roll it up with any wipes, remove the glove and tie the glove around the nappy, straight in the bin". She looked horrified when I mentioned no poo in the bins!

I don't bother with the truly mashed-in or sloppy ones but now DD is a toddler and has a similar diet to ours, generally I can just kind of turn the disposable inside-out and it falls into the toilet. If it takes more than a gentle shake I consider it an unflushable and just bag it.

My nod to the environment is to use washers to clean her bottom with rather than disposable wipes. They just require a good wash on a hot soak cycle since they only have skid marks. I dry pail them in a washable bag and do a load a week (I use old washers that I've retired).

LOL I had no idea to late now DD2 is 19 mths and we hope to start training in the next few mths but it will make me feel bad when I have my 4th....but still dont think I will be taking the poo off before I toss...

DoubleK Guest

wow i just chuck the nappy in the outside bin.. poo and all!

LOL @ the poo stick.. where does she keep the stick when not in use??

I use Half and Halfs ( not to mention brand names) , which I tear in half and are fully flushable. they sit inside a plastic pouch which clips into a fabric cover, those I wash. So its the best of both worlds. The pads are all Australian and they are fully biodegradable in only 7 days ( or so ) and are compostable as well if you want. they have won numerous environmental awards including ones for environmental sustainability. You can also buy the pouch and covers here in Australia ( as they were designed here )I get another brand of covers from the US ( who they sold the rights to for over there) as they have nicer and better colours and the Australian ones are a great fit under slimmer clothes.

WOW, I am another who "never" read the packet and didn't know of disposing the poo in the toilet bit.

Gosh, almost 2yrs of using disposables on DD and I was none the wiser

Never scraped here. And can I just say I'm glad I'll be seeing the last of nappies soon. Seth's poos are unscrapable in most cases let me tell you.

I had no idea about this either. I've always just thrown it all in the bin. I'm feel so bad now. I never gave it a second thought. OOPS!

DoubleK Guest

all this poo talk

lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast