Thread: Knitting patterns for covers wanted

Default Knitting patterns for covers wanted

Hi
    I tried to search through the forum for knitting and knitted covers but the 300 second delay between searches has made it almost impossible to search this site these days (quiet grumble!)

ANYWAY.....
    has anyone tried or does anyone have a 'tried and true' knitting pattern for a nappy cover ? I have found quite a few patterns on the web but most don't have little details like what wool to use or how to lanolise. I've got so much wool lying around I thought maybe I might get knitting. I'd need the pattern to fit a newborn if poss.

Kar

Shannon, you're a legend! I'm starting to lean towards going cloth. This info will be awesome. It'll give my Mum something to knit!

Shannon, I'm going to go and visit Tracey when her life settles down a bit. I'm going to check out her stash for some ideas and look at them 'hands on'. When I mentioned to DH on the weekend, he said he had no problem if I want to change to cloth. He's quite happy for me to deal with cloth nappies instead of sposies! I'm not sure how serious he was, but made sure Viv knew that I could play with Blake's pooy cloth nappies as much as I wanted.

Thanks Shannon
    That is brilliant that I can use any wool too. I thought it might have to be dryclean only or something so it would felt?

But another question - isn't non-felted wool going to be really itchy on a newborn?

PS I'd love to have a copy of your pattern if poss.
    Last edited by Kar; November 13th, 2006 at 01:28 PM.

Just on another issue - if you want to look at a bought pattern, the LTK patterns are pretty good. They have a range of patterns, and are really pretty affordable if you are making a few of them.
    I think machine wash wool doesn't lanolise as well as some of the others (althought in saying that I've never had a big problem with it).

Quote Originally Posted by wardygirl
    When I mentioned to DH on the weekend, he said he had no problem if I want to change to cloth. He's quite happy for me to deal with cloth nappies instead of sposies! I'm not sure how serious he was, but made sure Viv knew that I could play with Blake's pooy cloth nappies as much as I wanted.
    Your DH been talking to my DH? ROFL!

Hey Shannon,

Would there be any chance of getting a copy of your pattern if you think it would be suitable for Blake.. He's 17.5mths old and about 13kg in weight or there abouts.

If not, can you recommend a pattern for an older bub?

Thanks honey.

Sammi - I guess they've been talking. When I mentioned again tonight that I'm really keen to do it, he said as long as I dont' mind the extra work. Sure he's right, I'm usually the one who does the washing, but I think he's a little poo-phobic!

Debbie Lee Guest

Good luck, Kar! Soakers and longies are unreal and it's so much fun experimenting with colours and stuff (although I say that but I get my Mum to do the knitting, LOL).

Hi everyone - Shannon - the wonder woman - sent me her soaker pattern and I'm just about finished my first pair - which I've done in blue and will be sending down to Blackbird to try out on Angus (born 11 Dec).

I've found about half a dozen other patterns for free on the net or a small fee but they are so variable in size and instructions.

The Little Turtleknit ones I paid for and knitted up for a newborn are TINY - I don't think I could fit them over an empty folded terry flat! Perhaps they are meant to be used with something else?
    Last edited by Kar; December 27th, 2006 at 03:28 PM.

Kar, are you able to email me a copy of Shannon's soaker pattern please? I was hoping she'd pop back into this thread but she's not been back yet.

Many thanks.

My email address is in my profile.

Rachel
    I can't see your email address in your profile. My email address is my user name @bellybelly.com.au if you want to email me.

kar

Kar, You've got mail!

On way back to you. Shannon- hope you don't mind.

Sorry Shannon, I meant to email you but I had to run off to Tracey's to look at her stash!