Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nappy Creams

Am I reading that correctly? Ear ointment on nappy rash? Sounds bizarre, but I'd be willing to try anything to clear up nasty nappy rash.

amitiria Guest

Hi Rachel, I know it sounds odd, but basically it is a barrier ointment that contains steriods for the most nastier of cases... not to be used reguarly.. I did some research and confirmed with doctors that it is safe for little bums and used widely for that purpose .... Only downside is that it is only 5grams and a little costly at that.. But believe when I say that it is a godsend for those little sore bum sufferers out there.

Just wanted to add - Daktozin gave my DS Contact Dermatitis that looked like a burn. I DONT recommend that one.

I used zinc and castor oil cream on Em's nappy rash. It seemed to work quite well. I basically only used that because the rash was actually bleeding and apparently this one stings less then the others... so I've been told anyway!

We use a barrier cream more than nappy rash cream. We have the Weleda range, which is calendula based. Its lovely! A couple of times we've been out, and I've had a dry patch of skin on my face - and that does the trick cause we only have the nappy bag with us.
    The nappy rash cream from weleda works really well - it sort of dries everything out and it heals that way - plus it doesn't do any harm to cloth nappies. Most of the other (zinc based) products will cause a build up in your cloth nappies - particularly on fleece products.

julesr Guest

Are there certain types of creams that you should or shouldn't use depending on whether you are using disposable or cloth nappies???? I did read in one of my baby books that certain creams will block the "one way" material in disposables...which kind of creams will do that?

I always use zinc and castor oil cream

Chrissy, you can also get Lucas PawPaw ointment from Safeway. Small tubes or bigger tub.

THANKS Hayseed

Hi Chrissy, I saw this post ages ago, but thought I'd reply now I have my bubba!

As you might remember we are using jurlique products on Lucy, and I've gotta say I'm LOVING their barrier cream.

And to julesr we are using cloth nappies and this cream hasn't presented any problems

IMO Lucas Paw Paw cream is the best. You can even use it on cuts. I used heaps of different creams and found that to be the best. I found that the sudocream gave ds a rash, and made nappy rash worse that blistered. He does have sensitive skin though.

*~Nett~* Guest

I have found Curash to be the best, the 1st tube I had lasted 6 months!
    Are you going to be using cloth? I find that the Curash powder is much better with cloth nappies, the creams stop the wee soaking through properly, especially with fleece liners.

Hey Chrissy,

Just to let you know, we havent needed any creams - depends on the baby obviously, but you might be lucky!

Like some of the other girls I love the Lucas' pawpaw ointment. You can get it from Woolies as well as chemists, it's in a red tub or tube so stands out. Probably in the medication/bandaids section though, not with the baby stuff.

Lucy has never had nappy rash, I just use it when I think she's a bit redder than usual around the fat rolls! I also use it on myself and DP, it's a great cure-all! When I worked at a pharmacy it was what we recommended to Mums with bubs.

Fee Guest

I haven't used any nappy rash cream yet.

But if I need to use I will try the samples from the Bounty Bags first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12