Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negative response to Cloth Nappy decision!

Haha Ryn! Something else to consider is, River's so skinny, that when he's in sposies his pants fall down! I have to put a fleece or wool cover over the disposable to keep it up! Although some MCN are that trim as well - but like you say, at least it looks good when you can see it!

exactly Ryn.. every nappy change is fun...
    Nelle- LOL... yes i have people who"get" my love of cloth... like when i put Eden's nappies in colour order on the line and took a video... hehehe...
    I think maybe some people are just jealous maybe. I honestly dont see whats hard, also with the washing... once bub started on solids and experimenting with foods do u seriously notice one more load of washing every couple of days? i dont... well i do.. i get excited about washing MCN and making them all up again when they are dry... oh dear... i really do have bum mania as my mum calls it.

here are some great one liners for you:

-I'm getting a new kitchen with the $5000 bucks I"m saving on nappies (insert your item of choice, fo me, it's true!!)

-Ugh, how can you handle all the leaking all the time with disposables though? The poo just shoots straight out the side - I coudlnt' manage that!

-I couldn't bear the thought of all those nasty chemicals, carcinogens and whatnot on her bum!

-i'd rather wash nappies than clothes adn bedding - which is what I'll have to do with all the leaking sposies do.

-I just want her to be more comfortable, without the horrid papery feeling

-I'm hoping that there'll be a planet for her to keep living on by the time shes' grown up.

-I can't stand the thought of changing a three year old's pooey nappies - we'll both be more motivated to toilet train at a reasonable age if it's not all locked away where she can't feel it

-I dont' want her to get nappy rash (seeing everyone thinks sposies cause less, this shocks them so they ask for an explanation!)

-I don't want to have to lug great boxes of nappies home with every shop - my trolley's hard enough to manage as it is

-I'll be too busy with a newborn to pick the gel crystals out of her genitals!

-You're not allowed to throw dirty disposables in the rubbish in our local council area (which is true all across aust, btw)

btw, I am the most lazy person, and I now don't own any disposables at all. used to use them for outings, but they kept falling apart in my hands from being taken on and off all the time (we use the potty.)

Nicole, that last point is a great one - DS does poos on the loo and imagine trying to put on a sposie he's only worn for a half-hour but was ripped off quickly!

Has anyone tried pouring water on a sposie then cutting it in half after about 20-30 mins? That's enough to scare anyone off sposies.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolelh
    I'll be too busy with a newborn to pick the gel crystals out of her genitals!
    but at the same time Eeeeekkkssssss!

oh oh ive got another one
    My daughter doesnt need to look like she has a camel toe when her nappy is full! We'll thats what ive seen on some little girls wearing sposies anyway.

Nicolel - LOL they are great! and true true!!!.... can't wait to use them, especially the crystals one PMSL

sorry maz, I don't get it??

Enchanted Guest

I use the terry flats and I don't see the big fuss! It really annoys me when people pull faces at you and say things like "well, i don't know why you would do that. they are so much work".

I have a friend who always asks me if I am still using them because she thought that I would give up as it was too hard! What is so hard about it?! Like a few others have said. Why are they complaining about it... we are the ones doing it! Not them!

Ive seen little girls with sposie nappies and leggins over the top lately and cause the leggins are tight and the sewing join is right in the middle of the woo hoo it looks like a camel toe!!!

lol maz... ive seen that toooooo.... i just dont get sposies at all... maybe caz all i look at is edens bum in cloth but sposies look foreign to me... i would hate to wear plastic on my hoohoo and bottbott.

I just think....hmmm plastic....hmmm everything down there must be 'cooking' no wonder my boys had so much nappy rash. Im so use to Vy having a big butt, I couldnt imagine her without it now. And what ediction would I have to find to fill my empty void if it wasnt for cloth nappies, covers, material to make them...ahhh I dont even want to think about it!!!!!

Plus, the white of the sposies turns yellow as baby wees... yuck. Cloth covers stay the same colour, at least!

I hate the yellow on the sposies too....ick!

My DH saw a colleague with a box of nappies at work yesterday and made a passing comment that we use cloth. Today FIVE people came up to him and tried to convince him he and I were mad and that that the only option these days was disposables. He didn’t really engage in conversation with them, he just said that it’s not what they think it is, and left it at that. But geez I wish I was there, I would have had something to say

I LOVE cloth nappies, they perform so much better than disposables. Night after night after night of leaks and poosplosions during the day. I haven’t had a single night leak since and day leaks are very rare and only ever wee (when I’ve left one on a bit too long or not done enough prewashes) and never ever poo.

Also:
    - They are so mega cute!
    - Our bin isn’t full of stupid stinky sposies.
    - We save money, especially when I get to use them for buba #2 (and possibly #3… shh don’t tell DH) and they have second hand resale value.
    - I can chose to have beautiful natural fibres next to my babies skin.
    - We are making a significant contribution to waste reduction.
    - They are easy peasy to look after and use.

I hate sposies and I’m never going back and people who use sposies have no idea what they’re missing. I think they’re the ones who are crazy.

I’ve read through all the posts and some other people have mentioned that some people said to them in response to cloth that you need two washing machines??? DH said that some of the people said that to him today??? WTF?????

Nicole, I loved your list.

I have found it harder to convince young mums about cloth nappies than older mums who did it when we were children. They are amazed at how advanced they are now and wish they had them when we were babies.

Nicole, you can add these to the list of responses:

* I think it's cruel to put plastic underwear on a baby when we don't wear plastic underwear... we wear cotton! And this is especially true in summer.
    * I don't want my children to get asthma
    * I don't want my son to become infertile
    * I'd rather do an extra load of washing than create more landfill
    Last edited by Babyjoy; October 31st, 2007 at 10:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12