Thread: Are we ready?

Default Are we ready?

Hi all you lovely helpful ladies,

My 22 month old has recently started telling me about 'wees'. Would you think that she's ready? I do then sit her on the toilet because I haven't gotten a potty yet, but she never does anything.

My other major difficulty is that we have an 8 week old and we're moving house on the 20th of this month. If I don't do anything about it until then have I missed my window of opportunity?

What would you do? I don't object to her being in nappies for a bit longer, I just don't want to stuff it up.

Thank you all so very much

Moving could undo toilet training. I know this from personal experience with my eldest DS.

By all means if she's saying she needs to do wees then try her. Sometimes it can take a while for it to click for them too. Sit next to her and read her a story or something and something may just fall into the loo.

Just getting the child to sit on the loo can be 3/4 of the battle

Thanks Raven, I think the move may upset the apple cart as well. My concern is if I ignore it until after we move, have I missed my opportunity?

with the move i would just take it as it comes!! dont push the loo on her just go at her pace for while and then see if the intrest improves!!

We had the same thing as DD had only just turned 2 and was starting to communicate when she had done a wee. There was no chance of her picking it all up because we moved house and because of this, she was unsettled for a little while (plus mummy was pg ) We then had a few big and small disruptions through out the rest of the year so she never really caught on despite our attempts. However, everything has been calmish now since Christmas and 3 weeks ago I introduced the training pants (she is now just past 3yrs) and it only took days! Now she is a day time potty user pro!

I guess you could keep the subject of the toilet in play and the occasional experience on the toilet. It may not hurt to buy a potty and just have it sitting around maybe (?) but because you are moving, it is good to keep as much in their little lives as stable as possible, sometimes tt can be a bit daunting (for everyone )

Just my thoughts but hth