Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Cloth Nappy Making #4

I finally got my act together and fixed my sewing machine yesterday, and spent a blissful afternoon finishing off my prefolds!!! I also get creative with some left over fleece and made my puppy a jacket.

Maz - I Maxi swirled the edges of my prefolds... They look fabo... DH even thought they looked fancy!!

Felt so good to get back into sewing. Tonight I have to finish off my covers... I am going to try and make one with gussets...

I have almost finished OL 40 covers..yes 40!!! my neck is so sore atm! I sat down on the floor last night, traced out the pattern, cut it and then pinned all the inners ect...ahhh and ive got minkee fluff everywere!!!

Ruf - you go girl...I might have to use maxi on everything now..pmsl. I used the soft colours on some NB dot minkee covers and OMG they look so gorgeous!!!!

pm - woo hoo on cover nappies not falling apart. You really need to put up a pic in the gallery

off to wash some bamboo to make boosters...Ive got the sewing itch BIG TIME!!!

It must have been the day for it yesterday. I was off work sick (figured there's no point me giving everyone in the office a disgusting cold) and so cut out all my fleece patterns & liners. I might tackle the bamboo today. I'll figure out how to pop some pics up and post them.

Hmm, wasn't getting notifications for awhile. *shrugs*

Jols, I prefer snappi, because it gives such a versatile fit.

Maz! I didn't know about Babydelight! Thanks heaps, been looking for Sherpa everywhere. (Sammi I think Bubba Earth are out of sherpa at the moment)
    And whoa hun that's a productive time you've been having! Wowee!

pm - hope you're better soon.

Sorry non-sewer crashing in on the sewing thread. My sewing experience is limited to quilts (ie straight seems etc) I have a Happy heiny that is exposing the elastic in the back... so how do I sew elastic, do I just stretch it out as far as it will go and sew? Any tips?

TIA

Sarah - I just cant visualise it...email me a pic and let me have think hun.

have just cut out 60 wipes to sew...since I have found the wonders of maxi swirl I want to over lock everything in it pmsl and Ive jsut bought 6 more spools of it in yummy colours

Nelle - I have to buy more Sherpa now...im all out

Mazzy moo....One of my coops just opened a database for maxi lock for $5 a cone...OMG!!! If you want some let me know.

ah crap!! I just got it for $10 and that included postage!!! dame it dame it dame it!!!!!!!!!

might have to have think now and see what other colours I NEED hmmm pmsl

AH I love you Mel - you always think of me MAUW

FluffyLaRue Guest

I cut up bazillions of boosters on the weekend. Then my overlocker died

Woe is me. Looks like I'll have to find turn and top stitch fun for now...

OH NO Bridie!!!!!!!!! I would die if my Over locker went to heaven!!!!!!! Woo hoo for teh booster though! NOw can you pm me details of were I can buy some of those nappies you make PLEASE

Maz, Gigi told me there's Sherpa at nappy works too. Where did you get your maxi lock thread again?

-nelle (who hopes the magnifigance of variagated thread will hide her bad sewing instead of making it more obvious...:P)

Nelle - will pm you hun

i just ordered some too dame it!!@!!!!!

Hiyu girlies

I have a spanking new sewing machine (had it for 2 days and haven't used it!)and a bearly used overlocker... now I need something to do!! LOL (or someone to take my Bonnie away so I don't have little fingers in everything!)

what are ya gonna make tanya???? boosters?? oh how exciting...you so need to pop its cherry

LOL... Yeah, I know. Just lack motivation atm

ah once you start cutting material it will come to you babe. if you need a hand let me know

New thread HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678