Thread: Help, where to buy lanolin??

Default Help, where to buy lanolin??

So I have a nice stock of wool nappy covers now. I know they need to be lanolised, and I know how to do it, but I am completely in the dark about where I would go to buy lanolin... I live in Brisbane, is it something I'd find at a normal store or a craft store, or a health food type shop or what? I haven't seen it anywhere, but its got to be around... Thanks for any ideas.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Chemist!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

yep as keely said the chemist, jsut get a small tube of lansinol, same stuff you use on your nipples!!

Default Lanolin

Hi there, I had the same dilemma - if you do a search online, some of the eco-nappy people (can't remember who sorry!) sell the stuff.

Also, I found one of our larger local chemists (I'm in Sydney) actually sold jars of the stuff (with their own label) - $10 for a good size jar. Way cheaper than the little tubes you usually get at the chemist and easy to use for the nappy covers - so if you've got a chemist that has maybe a couple of outlets, they might do their own. Perhaps you could ring around - this worked out cheaper than buying on line. However, once you've got the stuff, it will last for ages.

Hope this is helpful!

You can also buy spray lanolin in a liquid form, which you spray on the inside of the cover once it's dried after you wash it. Much easier than the soak method and they smell divine. I've been using the same bottle for about a year so it lasts really well.
    I'm sure it came from sustainablehempproducts...Google "Sheepish Grins". The scent I've got is called monkey farts

Thanks so much!

Default just saw the cheaper lanolin

Hi there,
    was just in a chemist (different brand chemist) they also sold the lanolin. Brand is David Craig (not the chemist chain as I thought). Hydrolised Wool Fat (not called lanolin, but same stuff). So you might be able to get it at a big chemist near you.

Hope this is useful.

Hi there

I got some the other day....just ask for wool fat....exactly the same a lansinoh (?sp) but alot cheaper....I got a tub for about $4-5....just the chemist home brand.