Thread: Nappy boosters: I've got the bamboo, now what? did you make your own?

Default Nappy boosters: I've got the bamboo, now what? did you make your own?

Hi Ladies,

So I bought some bamboo fleece from snaps thanks to some great advice from a lovely belly belly member and now I just have to make them hehe
    I was wondering if I should back the bamboo with microfibre, what do you think?
    Or should I do double layers of the bamboo?
    Should I do the squares that can be folded into a triple layer booster or just double the material over and make them normal booster shapes?
    Anyone made their own and got some tips for me?

Thanks

what nappies are you using them with? day or night?

Glad your bamboo arrived so quickly!

When I make my boosters I do a double layer of bamboo and make them about 30cm x 40cm. The boosters I made a year ago I used as lay in inserts when DD2 was NB and now I use them in her pockets. Just depending on how big I want them was how I folded them.

GL

Default Re: Nappy boosters: I've got the bamboo, now what? did you make your own?

Hi Kate07 not really sure what nappies I'll use them in, prob more night nappies as they will be on longer but maybe during the day too, bub isn't here for a while so just see how it goes I guess.
    Ryatha thanks again for recommending snaps the bamboo looks really good quality and got here so quickly! think I'll make the squares like you've done, that makes them more versatile
    Thankyou ladies

Babyluv, I just remembered: before cutting & sewing it is best to prewash it in hot water and then tumble dry on warm. That way any shrinking will happen before you make them. After I tumble dried my fleece it so warm and cosy so I put it over my shoulders like a blanket - it was so warm

Default Re: Nappy boosters: I've got the bamboo, now what? did you make your own?

Oh yea thankyou I forgot about that you're right it's so soft, it really is lovely good quality material I want to use it as a blanket, I'll remember to give it a cuddle when it comes out of the dryer thanks hun

do you have an overlocker? its the best way of doing the edges.

You can sew it inside out and then turn it right way and topstitch if you don't have an overlocker BUT only do that with two layers as it's so think. Best to make a trifold if you're going to try that way

No I don't have an overlocker.
    Might have to do it that way raven although I do like the look of an overlocked edge on them

ah cool...glad you got some how big was the package....do you reckon I could sneak it past DH??

It wasn't too big Kim 2 metres folded nicely, it's so soft & snuggly def recommend you get some!

hmmmm....might just....