Thread: Bach Flowers

Default Bach Flowers

Has anyone had bach flowers? What were you given them for and do you think that it helped any?

Rescue remedy is a mixture of Bach Flower essences and plenty of people swear by it!

Love Bach Flowers! Do some reading up on it, it's very interesting.

At College we had a class on it, we looked up the remedies and chose/dosed ourselves. I vaguely remember I wanted something that would give me direction, I felt a bit stuck. I got home and thought oh well, not much happend...
    Till way later in the afternoon - all of a sudden I had organised my diary, finished an assignment and broke it off with my boyfriend - with gusto! I didn't notice my own flurry of activity until my flatmate asked if I was alright.
    In any case she was so impressed with my new found impetus (I am a known slackass) she asked for some too. I found a lady that would make up the remedies based on what we were feeling and I had orders from all my friends!

We even stopped the dog freaking about when we left by putting some in his water (I think it had Rock Rose in it).

This is so wierd I ws awake early this morning thinking about this - I might look at geting back into it and getting my own set...

I always have rescue remedy on hand and have also tried scleranthus (sp?) and olive.
    I found them quite useful.

What is rescue remedy for?

I was given a mixture of something or other by my naturopath for my insonmia and anxiety. I hope it works.

i use Rescue Remedy for anxiety, i find that it does help, hope it helps you too

morgan78 Guest

just reading off the bottle - "to Comfort & Reassure"

I use rescue remedy for panic attacks and anxiety in general.

I had it in labour!

Have faith Antheia, how does she prescribe you take it?

She says to put 4 drops on my tounge 4 times a day or when i need it.

I had a better sleep last night, so i guess it is working!

Excellent! You can also put the drops into a bottle of water and sip it through the day. It's a good idea to bang the bottle on the bench before you have a sip.

Rescue Remedy is for shock, it is a unique combination of Bach Flowers. Usually you have 3 diff flowers max in a remedy.

Well she put 5 different flowers in the remedy she gave me. Do you think that's still ok?

its fine if its resuce remedy, it typically has 5 flower essences in it.
    From wikipedia:
    The most well known flower remedy is the Rescue Remedy combination, which contains an equal amount each of Rock rose, Impatiens, Clematis, Star of Bethlehem and CherryPlumremedies. The product is aimed at treating stress, anxiety, and panic attacks, especially in emergencies.

Well it could be rescue remedy! It would seem appropriate for your situation though.

ETA : Sorry, I just looked up my notes - up to 5 remedies is fine. It was just my thing to start with three.

Scleranthus for indecision, hesitancy and imbalance.

I found the remedy I first tried - Wild Oat (unsure of path in life, lack of knowing what to do), and Elm (overwhelmed by responsibilities).
    Last edited by Lulu; April 15th, 2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Add stuff

Hi there!! Just a quck question?? Is rescue remedy used for BAD anxiety or just a little anxiety??

I recommend you give it a bash and see what happens, you can sip on your water through the day or when you need it most!