Thread: Vitex success??

Default Vitex success??

hi everyone,
    would just like to hear from anyone who has taken Vitex and had any success in balance hormones and achieving pregnancy. we have been TTC for number 2 for over 2 years and this is my 3rd month on vitex (been seeing a nathapath).

Any stories or experiences are appreciated!

Runnermum - I had started taking the Vitex after hearing so many success stories with it. If you click on my FF chart and have a look at June, August and October I had fabbo charts and +ve HPT's and BT's,but just couldn't seem to hang on to the bubba's. I am not sure if the Vitex had anything to do with it all but I have stopped taking it now because it made me go troppo, and I mean I was out of control. My mood swings were so horrendous I was even yelling at our fish.. LOL... Best of luck..

what is Vitex someone at intuitive parenting.info has reommended it for syndrom X sufferers?

I have no idea where I read this (other than on the net somewhere) but I heard that vitex is good in helping establish regular periods BUT that it can very very slightly increase the risk of miscarriage... Hope you can find so more reliable information!

runnermum - I had the Depo shot in September 2006, my cycle didnt return till July 2007 and when it did I was having short LP's of only 9 days.

I did alot of reading on the internet and read alot of stories with women having success lengthening their LP's with using Vitex - my main reason for why I was looking into taking it.

I contemplated starting to take it for quite a while but in the end I decided 'what the heck, I might as well see if it works for me' so I brought the Blackmores brand and started using it beginning of November.

I dont know whether it was just a co-incidence or whether the Vitex actually did help but after only one month of taking it early December I got my and am now 10 weeks into my pregnancy!

I guess it just comes down to personal choice - some women have success with it, others unfortunately dont have such positive experiences with it.

Good luck, hoping you have your bfp very soon!

Hello everyone - I'll try to fill in some gaps about Vitex (even though this post is a bit late!)

Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus, Monk's Pepper or Chaste Tree) is a pretty amazing herb. It works on the ovaries via the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. It can correct progesterone deficiency, and is wonderful for normalising the menstrual cycle and encouraging regular ovulation. It is beneficial for both lengthening short cycles and shortening long menstrual cycles, and also helps to reduce pre-menstrual symptoms - especially breast tenderness, acne and fluid retention. It is well known for its fertility enhancing abilities, and it is often prescribed when TTC and pre-IVF. Usually Vitex is used pre-conceptually and only sometimes continued into early pregnancy. You can buy Vitex from health food shops, but as with all herbs, I highly recommend having it prescribed by a Naturopath or Herbalist at the right dose for you.

Hope this is vaguely helpful!
    xxx

I would say, use Vitex with caution, because it's not for everybody. I became extremely depressed while on Vitex and ended up throwing nearly a full bottle of it away because of the way I became so down......a nd I really hate to waste
    For some people it's helped and for some people it hasn't. It's one of those things I guess ?

I decided to use Macca Root instead of Vitex and fell pregnant the cycle after I started using it (not sure if it was the reason but it didn't hurt). Maybe look into that as well as Vitex.