Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone had a premmie ?

I agree about the preparation bit, next time my baby bags will be packed way before the 30 week mark.

kirsty Guest

Hi JJ, welcome to Bellybelly. I had my first child 8wks early (at 32wks) & am currently just over 14wks pg again. I am petrified of going early again, although my OB has assured me that it is just as possible for me to go over this time I am not taking any chances.

I plan to start packing bags this week ~ not fully packed but getting things like a toilet bag packed with shampoo/ conditioner & all that sort of stuff & maybe after about 24wks get my other bags started.

I am in no way leaving it up to my DH again!! Not that it was his fault but I found he left out heaps of stuff that I had written on the list (I had to write a list for him as we were waiting for the air ambulance to arrive to take me to the hospital ~ 5.5hrs away from home). So not taking any chances this time around.

Wishing you all the very best for this pregnancy.

I absolutely agree about early preparation.

I'll be packing and preparing from about 25 weeks + at the latest!

kirsty Guest

Glad I'm not the only one worried about not being organised 8-[

I've pretty much got my toilet bag sorted, only got a couple of things left to buy & I can put that away ready to go when the time comes. Guess I've also found that since I was put on sick leave until my mat leave started, we just don't have the spare cash to just go out & do a complete "toiletries bag" shop, so figure it was easier to get it done bit by bit in with the weekly shopping (plus hubby doesn't notice the cost of what I'm pampering myself with )

Hi guys.... thought I would just pop my head in & say hi..... Looks like I am destined to join this special little club.....

After a bleed 3 weeks ago, it appears that my baby has slowed rght down in growth & they are going to induce me TODAY!!!!!! I was allowed to go home not that I have been able to sleep hence the 4am posting.....

I am just over 32 weeks & they estimate babies weight to be around 3lb6oz.....

I look forward to sharing your experiences once the really scary part is over!!!!!

tiggy Guest

good luck, Mitch.

thinking of you

kirsty Guest

Mitch I am sure you & bubs will be fine. My little boy was born at 32wks & weighed 3lb13ozs & he came out a fighter. I think I read in April buddies that they have given you the steroid injections 2wks ago?? If that is true then IMO Alexa has a really good chance of not having many breathing difficulties ~ I had the injections a week before James was born & when he came out he only needed a humidicrib to help him maintain his body temperature ~ got my fingers crossed that it is the same for you & Alexa.

Best of luck & you'll find lots of support here when you need it.

Good Luck Mitch & give Alexa plenty of kisses & hugs from her BB aunties!!!

best of luck Mitch, just post in here if you need any support.

Hi Mitch,

Good luck and congratulations in advance on being a mummy.

Hoping for all the best Mitch.

Hope all went well Mitch [-o<

Well guys. Alexa Paige arrived March 1 @ 2.34pm via c-sect after deciding the risks were too high.... my placnta had come away & the blood flow through the cord was really poor...

Alexa was 3lb11oz so a bit bigger than estimated.... she requires CPAP (oxygen) for 10 hours after birth, just to give her a bit of help, but she was breathing on her own..... & boy can she scream, she came out lungs a blazing....

So after 45 days in NCU, we finally got home on Saturday & she now wighs 6lb 3oz & doing really well....

SHe is getting better & better at feding (she is on formula after my milk ran out).....

Thank you for all your well wishes

Mitch & Alexa

tiggy Guest

Hey Mitch!
    Congrats!!!
    Come on over to the bonding thread, we've got a bit of a general discussion going on in there.

Glad to hear that Alexa is doing so well, look forward to chatting with you!

Hey Mitch, What a beautiful little girl you have!!
    Look forward to chatting with you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456