Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chances of having a prem baby again?

Froofy - I had exactly the same problem with breastfeeding and having trouble with getting the baby to latch properly because she was so prem. I used nipple shields and expressed milk for as long as possible (10 weeks) but then my milk dried up, and I regret that so much.

Good luck with this pregnancy!!!xx

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty

Plus I found having a 32weeker to be physically exhausting with all the emotional side of things that go on with hospital visits & the like.

I absolutely know what you mean. I have never felt such an emotional and physical wreck in my life as when I was visiting my baby in hospital. I used to sit next to her incubator, holding back the tears every day. I also found family visiting NICU exhausting too, which I know sounds horrible, but at the time I felt as if I needed to space to come to terms and try to bond with her.

jelliebean Guest

I had DD at 36 weeks and 3 days..... Then i had DS at 38 weeks and 6 days.... Both were from rupture of the membrane..... This is third time around and im sure i'll go early again.....just cant seem to hang onto them....

This is my 6th child and most probably another premmie.
    No.2 was 38 w )
    No.3 was 37 w )> all due to iso immunisation.
    No.5 was 37 w )

because how bad No. 5 was they will bring this one on from 27 w. I too am totally terrified even though I have been through it before.

Gwen and Kristy- I too found having a prem exhausting even though mine weren't as early, but I found strength when I had friends and relatives visiting us.Their love and cheerfulness really helped me be strong. The hardest part I felt was walking out the door of NICU and SCN without my baby.

If I have a third bub, which I wiould love to one day, I will feel lucky if they reach a gestation beyond 27 weeks! My first arrived at 37 weeks, second baby at 27 weeks, and there is always this worry in the back of my mind that the third could arrive at 24 weeks.....

Berry, although my bubs didn't arrive as early as Emily did, I worry about this too. My first bub (now an angel) arrived at 35+5 and my second arrived at 32+4. I worry that the next one will arrive earlier again...

happy mummy Guest

My daughter was born 7wks early, Im worried about it happening again as it is so hard to have a baby in special care,

I had GD fairly bad, and my waters broke on a thursday morning, I went into hospital straight away with the staff telling me not to panic I should have at least a week before I went into labour, I was a planned c section as well as the girl had been breech for a long time, I woke up at 8am friday morning with a few small pains like period pain, and these got stronger and faster real quick and my baby was born at 8:19am, so it was very fast, my doctor and husband missed it all, it was a little painful as she came out sholder first.

So again even though this is my second baby I feel nervous as that was really quick and over before I knew it, Im starting to feel unprepared.

I just had my baby at 27wks due to Premature Rupture of Membranes.. They have no idea why it happened, it just did!

I wonder if part of my problem was that i was still very active? I hadn't done anything strenuous for about 2 weeks beforehand and they only cared about the past few days leading up to labour..

I had my son within 3hrs of going into labour which i thought was actually Braxton Hicks at first, but luckily i bled because otherwise i wouldn't have rushed to the hospital as quickly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12