Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you make it further?

Default Did you make it further?

For those who had pregnancies/children after your prem, did you make it further?

Thanks

sally
    i have been following you threads and honey - i hear you! I was so scared of having another premmie, but knew that if i did- that i could do it!

but you know what- things can go right - and they will this time!!!!

I had my twins 6 years ago 10 weeks early- 10% and 20% chance of survival! I dont have to bore you with all the details- you have probably lived them!.

7 weeks ago i gave birth to a beautiful boy at 37 weeks 5 day! Full term!!!!!! It was the most amazing birth i could have possibly imagined and i even got to pick my baby up after he was born and hold him in my arms as long as i wanted! It was such a healing birth and time for both of us.

We both got so emotionial when we were allowed to go home all together. We savoured having him in our room with us. All the things that most people take for granted, we were so grateful for!
    We almost feel lost without any medical intervention if that makes sense!

Hang in there hon- take it easy and enjoy each moment, each day that passes. Miracles happen and will!
    if you want to speak more- just holla.

Thanks *Det* Congratulations on the birth of your little boy, I'm so glad you got the birth you wanted

I know that my experience is nothing like yours but I just thought I'd pop in here. Amy was born at 36 weeks, but we made it to 38 weeks this time and still going. I'm crossing my fingers for you xx

Hi Sally!!! I've been so slack lately .. been meaning to ask how your pg is going

I've made it full term second time around ... in fact ... if I were to have been allowed to have a VBAC, I am 100% sure I would have gone over. DS were c/s'ed at 38+5 weeks, weighed 3.525kg and had agpar of 9/10/10. He is a healthy, happy, no-fuss, beautifull little boy.

How are Brendan doing? And you??

I went premmie 34 +6 again, but honestly with support it was a lot easier this time around.

Thanks everyone.

Nadine, Brendan is doing well. Still plodding along I'm ok, having a few issues atm, but slowly working through them. Pregnancy is going great

I'm certainly hoping we will this time around Sally...

I know we had premmies for different reasons, but I look at all the thoughts and feelings I had (i.e. I could tell something wasn't right - although one Dr was telling me "all was fine and normal" for 6 wks prior to me driving myself to hospital because I was sick of the intense pains - to then be told I had pre-eclampsia!!)...

But, JIC I put aside some 6x0 and 5x0 baby suits for the new addition to pack for going to hospital....

If I can get to 35 + I will be absolutely stoked!!

Thanks Leesa, all the best to you

I have also packed some 5x0. I didnt buy 6x0 because when Brendan was born we couldnt find any without spending a fortune, so he just swam in 5x0 for a while hehe.

hey sally
    one of the happiest times in my pregnancy was when i went to a scan at 32 weeks and the sonographer told me that it was gonna be a big baby and was allready 6lb and if i went full term woud be close to 10lb.
    I went home and took all the prem clothes i had washed and hung up, out of the wardrobe and packed them away- that was the BEST feeling knowing that there was no way that i was going to have to use them!

hugs

I went to 41+2 with DS2.. after being 34w with DS1.. so yes you CAN go over...
    I would have been later if FWXH hadn't insisted on a repeat c/s

Oh wow thanks Divvy!!

Det, I'm really looking forward to that day

Just wanted to send you some

Hi there, Just wanted to say my 2nd was a full term right on his due date... So fingers and toes crossed for you that you make it to 35+ wks and all goes well...

Hang in there, even if you do have a premmie again, I am confident it will be easier this time round as if nothing else you know what to expect

xoxox

Thankyou

I'm relieved to know that bubble is already bigger than Brendan was, even though I am yet to reach his gestation!

I feel that even if things go that way again it wont be the same. A lot of Brendans issues i think were due to the lack of amniotic fluid for so long and the length of his labour also.
    I know better this time and will be doing some things differently.

huge hugs sal xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by *det* View Post
    sally
    i have been following you threads and honey - i hear you! I was so scared of having another premmie, but knew that if i did- that i could do it!

but you know what- things can go right - and they will this time!!!!

I had my twins 6 years ago 10 weeks early- 10% and 20% chance of survival! I dont have to bore you with all the details- you have probably lived them!.

7 weeks ago i gave birth to a beautiful boy at 37 weeks 5 day! Full term!!!!!! It was the most amazing birth i could have possibly imagined and i even got to pick my baby up after he was born and hold him in my arms as long as i wanted! It was such a healing birth and time for both of us.

We both got so emotionial when we were allowed to go home all together. We savoured having him in our room with us. All the things that most people take for granted, we were so grateful for!
    We almost feel lost without any medical intervention if that makes sense!

Hang in there hon- take it easy and enjoy each moment, each day that passes. Miracles happen and will!
    if you want to speak more- just holla.

congragulations det
    that is just wonderful
    hope all is going well

michelle
    mum to astrid and goldie born at 27.3 weeks now 17 months

Sally, my friend's first baby was a 24 weeker (who is now a thriving 3yo!) and she went to term with baby 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast