Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums

Carrie & Tiggy sorry to here your girls are not well at the moment, i think i would just feel helpless that I was unable to make them feel better... although gettiung sick is part of life and it does make us stronger it would still be hard.

Nixon is going well, tomorrow he is being moved to another hosp so hoping it all goes well. i was unsure to begin with but ive looked at this other hosp, its a bit cloer for us from home and he really doesnt need to be at the Mercy any more, i also know they are chock a block full and need as many beds as possible, i'd feel terrible for depriving another sick bub a bed because i was too ignorant to move him.

Another one of our June buddies might have her bub soon, Bellasmum waters broke last night i spoke to her DH just a short time ago and she hasnt had him yet but could any time. they were able to stop the contractions though, i think she is 32.1weeks This will be the 3rd premmie boy for Junies....

Well Maria is finally getting better , hope your babies never get Broncholitis, She still wheezes a bit but I am keeping her very warm. She has 2 teeth now and has a new word, dada, so when she cries it is mummmmie, and dad when she is happy.

We went to the baby expo yesterday and it was fun.

Carrie & Tiff, I hope your girls are feeling better. Poor little things. (Poor Mums too!)

Louise, good to hear that Maria is getting better. We went to the expo too - I picked up lots of samples!

Nickers, it's so great to hear how well Nixon is doing. Isn't it great when all the monitors are gone? It's the best feeling when the feeding tube comes out for good too. Josh used to pull his out all the time, so it was such a relief when he no longer needed it. How are things going with the breastfeeding? I hope the move to the new hospital goes well. I just had a look at your website. Your photos are just precious!

Rac, I just checked your site out too and read the latest update. Hooray for Ronan moving to Bay 6! Clever little munchkin! How is he going today? Your photos are beautiful too! The pics of your DH holding Ronan's milk (in the syringe) brought back memories.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what is going on with my little guy atm. He hasn't been himself for the last few days. The only thing I can come up with is that he is teething as he is showing a few signs - irritability, little interest in feeds, waking through the night and not wanting to go back to sleep. No sign of a tooth yet though - so I hope this isn't going to go on until one shows up!

On a brighter note, I had him weighed yesterday and he is now 8.5kg - over 4 times his birth weight!

ETA: I meant to mention before that I hope all is going ok for bellasmum. I remember reading her posts in this forum in the past about her fears that her bub would be premmie. Hang in there bellasmum!

Becc - Irritability, waking in the night - that sounds like Maria for the last couple of nights and I definitely think it is more teeth (already have 2 bottom teeth). Hope Josh has a better night tonight, Maria still isn't asleep and nothing is working tonight.

Hey guys,
    Bec, I know the feeling, that's how Kyla has been with her cold - I've been thinking that it may be teeting also too - but like you, I can't see anything. That's great about his weight!!
    Louise- So glad that Maria is getting better. I hope Kyla never gets it too!! It's awful when they're sick - especially if it's in the chest. How cute that she's saying mummy and daddy! Pity she doesn't do it the other way around tho! Kyla has started saying da da da - I tried to get her saying ma ma ma...but no luck!
    NickI had a look at the photos you put up...Nixon is soo gorgeous!! What an absolute cutie - and you and Dad look very proud. Hope the hospital move goes well - it'll be great having him closer to home. Although Kyla was very lttle we had her moved to Knox after 2 weeks and then I spent all day every day with her!
    Hey btw - I have friends who live in Diamond creek, it's actually not that far from us. So if you ever feel like getting together for a coffee when Nixon's home and settled, just let me know.

tiggy Guest

Carrie,
    What are you doing up so late???

PMSL Tiff - What are YOU doing up so late..You've got TWINS!!

tiggy Guest

He he, it's the only time I can find for ME!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

I'll pay for it in a couple of hours when Ivy wakes up for a feed!
    I am feeling a bit down about the whole BF thing tonight. I think I am going to start weaning Ivy tomorrow boo hoo, my last baby, my last bf experience.
    I am finding it really hard to deal with the fact that after Ivy and Noah, there will be no more babies.
    Ivy is so unsettled though and her refluxy vomiting is getting worse. I could try to medicate her, I suppose. Oh I hate mother guilt, it's so hard to deal with.

Maybe we should both go to bed!

Hmmm, yes, I'm going to bed soon! Also, things never seem quite as bad in the morning.
    I understand how you feel with the BF. When I had to put Kyla to the bottle it was one of the hardest decisions that I've had to make...it is very emotional.
    Perhaps you could speak to your pead about the medication options for reflux if you do continue BF. However, if you would find it easier to bottle feed her, then you just need to go with what you feel is best for you and her. There are pros and cons for each I suppose. If it's just the reflux that is the issue then I'd definately look at medication options first - but if there are other reasons for switching..as I said, just go with what you feel is best and what YOU can cope with.
    hugs tho - I know it is a hard decision to make.

tiggy Guest

OMG, I'm still up! Definately going to bed...soon.

Did you go through the whole checking if she's breathing stage?
    I am driving myself (and David) insane with it...

OOps, Dave just said I have to go to bed!

You guys are just SO funny!

Sorry I haven't jumped in here before. I only get on BB about once a week now that I'm back at work. Too many calls on my time!

For those of you who don't know, Alex (DS #1) was born at 34+6, 1.9 kilos, as I had p/e. We were really really lucky to have him home at 10 days weighing 2.02 kilos, fully breast fed, and going like the blazes. He's now nearly three, still very small for age, but extremely articulate and very active. He slept through from 10 weeks, until he started teething at 11 1/2 months. We were extremely lucky.

In the first 12 months, he was hospitalised a few times, for pneumonia (who gets pneumonia when it's 42oC outside??), concussion (poor mummy dropped him!) and gastro (had to be tube fed for 7 days because he couldn't afford to lose any weight).

When Alex was born, 000000 were too small. My grandma and her friends made me a heap of sox, hats and jackets from dolls' patterns! Got to love the granny network! Alex didn't grow into 00s until he was one, and now he's nearly three, he's only just growing into size 2 pants.

Anyway, that's my story.

Nickers, great to hear that Nixon is doing so well, he'll be home before you know it. The hospital time is so difficult, but it's for the best.

Tiff, IKWYM about getting up to check their breathing... I did it for AGES, and also KWYM about giving up the bf...

Carrie, best wishes with the way your little one is going, she seems to be getting along just fine.

Kitten, sorry to hear Maria had bronchiolitis, hope she gets better soon.

Bec, great to hear that Josh is trying to talk! You'll spend the next few years teaching him to talk, then a few after that telling him to "$hut up..."

Rac, wow at Ronan, he's doing so well.

Okay back to the kidlets..

Carrie- so where abouts do you live? I would most certainly love to catch up for a coffee sometime after Nixon is home!!
    We moved to Melb 2.5yrs ago and i know NO ONE here with kids.... i will be looking at getting into a mothers group to hopefully there are some nice mums and bubs amongst the group.
    Id love to meet ppl from BB though!

Nixons move went well. This hosp will be great i think, there is only 3 other bubs there atm as appose to 60 at Mercy! So will be a lot more personal and get to meet the other parents bubs and even the same staff!
    i swear the 2.5 weeks i was going to Mercy i barely saw the same/midwives/docs/nurses.....

Did any of you feel a bit withdrawn from the pregnancy a short while after? I was just looking at some of my belly shots and thinking gee i miss that?? is that strange? I know a few weeks ago i was telling DH i was over it and wish it would hurry up! now it did i feel i was ripped off the last 7 weeks of my pg!!

Divvy
    thats gorgeous your grandma made special little outfits! Nixon is wearing 00000 some things fit and sme are a bit big.

How late were you guys up!!

Nickers, join up with us Victorian mums thread, we are forever having meets.
    As Nickers said before I was hospitalised on Friday,my waters broke at 32 w. they stopped my contractions, but thats all they did. I have no idea how much fluid is left around bub, but should find out tomorrow.
    Everytime he moves it hurts.

Jess - I've been thinking about you sweety! Do you know what happends now? Is there a certain amount of time that they will let you go - or could you go to the end? Sorry about my lack of knowledge.

Nick- I live in Mooroolbark - actually, DH was just telling me that it would take a bit longer than I thought to get there: he thinks about 30 to 40 mins, I was sure it was less....oops. But thats ok, I'd love to meet up with you anyway - just say the word, it's a nice drive! As Jess said, it'd be great to talk to you in the Vic thread also - and there are meet-ups too.
    Re: the pregnancy thing - I found this REALLY hard. After IVF I was really looking forward o my pg and getting big. I had only just started to get that real pg look when Kyla came. I felt really cheated and missed having her so close. Especially when I had to leave her a the hospital. It look me a while to get over this grieving process...it sounds silly, but that's what it felt like.
    Thats great that you'll get a bit more personal attention now - and the nurses will really get to know you're baby too which is great!
    Divvy - Great to have you join us! Alex was a little one, Kyla was 1.4kg at only 28.6 wks! I's good to hear that he's doing well, but sounds as though he had a bit of a rough trot in the beginning.
    You're lucky to have had some great g/mas knitting for you! Kyla had a prem outfit from earlybirds but even that was too big for a fair while - even the doll clothes were too big. Mum ended up sewing some little nighties etc - which we will keep so that we can remember just how little she was!
    Tiff- I would be paranoid about the breathing thing - but I invested in an angelcare monitor which has a sensor mat under the mattress. It's sensative enough to pick up movement from breathing and will alarm if there is any cease in movement. I still use it - sounds paranoid I know - but it has given me great peace of mind!!

Nickers - I really missed being pregnant when I had Maria early (34+4), it was as if I had been cheated from completing a full pregnancy, a friend of mine is now 36 weeks and yes I know she is really big and wants her baby out now, I am a bit jealous because I never got to go through what she is going through, that being aid for my next I will prob be overdue.

Hey Girls,

Louise, I hope Maria had a better night last night. Josh went ok. He still woke up, but DH took him to the spare room and hopped into bed with him so I could get some sleep and apparently he went back off to sleep pretty easily. Still Mr Cranky Pants today though!

Divvy, great to "see" you! It's so nice to hear that Alex is doing so well. How is Ned going?

Jess, You've been in my thoughts too! I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye out for any news.

Tiff, how are you doing today? Did you get *any* sleep last night?!

Carrie, We still use the Angelcare sensor monitor too!

Nickers, Great to hear that Nixon's move went well. Joshua was transferred from the hospital he was born in too. He actually spent time in 3 hospitals! He went from the one he was born in to our local public hospital to our local private hospital. We loved it when he got to the private hospital - there were only 2 other babies in the SCN when he arrived (twins) and only a few staff members who were all lovely. It will be nice for you to have that more personal touch.

Nickers & Carrie, I wondered if I was the only one who felt that I had "missed out" on the end of my pregnancy. I was really looking forward to getting a nice big belly, finishing up at work, having some time at home to myself, having time to get everything ready for Josh and then anticipating his birth as his due date got near. This might sound a bit crazy, but when Josh was first born, I would see PG women on the street with huge bellies and I would feel a little envious. Logically, that seemed ridiculous to me as I had my baby with me safe and sound which was all I wanted, but I guess that in my heart I felt that I had missed something.

Anyway, I think I mentioned in a previous post that Josh was going through a squealy stage? Well, it's getting worse! We went to the Baby Expo on Friday and he squealed the whole way around it. And then, we went shopping today...I was really looking forward to a quiet afternoon just browsing in the shops. But...he wouldn't stop squealing! People were turning to look, he was squealing so loud! I felt like a spectacle and couldn't enjoy myself, so in the end I just grabbed the couple of things I needed and packed up and came home. Someone please tell me this won't go on too much longer!! [-o<

Louise, just missed you. Sounds like a few of us felt the same way, hey?

BTW Nickers and Rac, I don't know if you saw my post in the June Bellie Buddies thread, but I have a HEAP of 6 0s and 00000 from when Alex was little, that I've been waiting for someone I know to have a littlie so I can give them away.

One of the girls at the Shepparton hospital gave me a bundle of clothes that her little one (born at 23 weeks) never got to wear, as he wasn't allowed clothes, and asked me to pass them on when I'd finished with them.

So I'm happy to pass them on to you guys (or Jess from Euroa if you do actually have Patrick anytime soon) so please let me know if you want them.

Carrie and Nick, I'm in Balwyn, 35 mins from Mooroolbark and 35 mins from Diamond Creek (kinda the middle of the triangle if you know what I mean) so if you both want to come and have coffee/lunch/chat/whatever here, I'm more than happy to have you. I work Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday, so Mondays and Fridays are great (I also need to find time to fill in the days LOL!) Let me know.

It's great to see you too, Bec, and know that Joshie is doing so well. It's amazing how quickly they do catch up.

I think this thread is great!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast