Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Premmie Mums

Patrick has put on 280g since last week, So much for me not knowing what I'm talking about!

tiggy Guest

WTG Jess and Patrick!
    That is such good news but not surprising. Of course you knew what you were talking about!

I found that I had to fight with the nurses all the time too and they treated me as though I knew nothing about feeding my babies. We have been out of the NICU now for four months and Noah is 8kgs and Ivy is 6kgs. It's amazing what you can achieve once you leave the hospital!

Just signed Williams book hun.
    They treated me like that as well. I mean I've only had 5 other children, I don't know anything!

belmarks Guest

nurses! humph! I was treated the same, made to feel guilty because I didn't transfer from my private hospital over to the public while Coby was in NICU, mind you, they are right next door to each other. There were plenty of other issues that they made me feel guilty about, they've got it ingrained into their psyche I think! As if we don't have enough mothers guilt about everything else, without them laying it on extra thick!

WTG Patrick, good job Jess - you're a super mum, look at what you've already done with your other kids....

Hey guys-
    I'm having trouble with Kyla and solids atm and wondering if you have any advice/suggestions. She has never been that interested, but since she had her cold (now mostly better) she has basically refused them - clamping mouth shut, turning head away, putting fingers in her mouth....
    Plus tonight I tried to give her pumpkin/potatoe puree with a few tiny lumps and she kept gagging, sticking her tongue right out and then chucked it up along with some milk!!! Very frustrating as everything I make ends up down the sink - and she relly needs to start solids to try to sort out her bowel.

Also - have any of you read that thread on the MMR vaccine - or had your bub have it?? The comments about the connection between autism and MMR really worry me - especially as Kyla has the bowel probs....what are your thoughts on it???

belmarks Guest

Carrie, did you read the latest link that I put in that other thread about MMR injections? There is a link going to an Australian information sheet on the MMR which disproves the theory's that have been discussed there. It is also backed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) - the gurus of everything health related, so that made me very secure in the decision that I had made.

Coby is a gagger too, so I still give him pureed foods and there are times when he has a cold that he obviously has either no appetite or a sore throat and he will not eat, no matter what I do, but I just offer him some comfort food to get his appetite going again, like some warm custard, that is his comfort food, so whatever Kyla's comfort food is, perhaps you could just give her that? She is still having milk, which I still the main part of their diet I think, so she should be ok.....Just try that for a day or so and wait and see if that makes a difference to her appetite. You know what its like yourself if you've been sick and haven't eaten, the less you eat, the less you want to eat....

All my kids have had the MMR vaccine Carrie and I know the risks.
    Jack had the vaccine and soon after he stopped doing everything that a 2 yr old was supposed to do. It may have been only a coincidence but it scared me a lot.But nevertheless I have had all the others done with no side effects.

kirsty Guest

Hi lovely ladies, you've chatted up a storm so I've opened a new thread for you all to keep going. It can be found here

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789