Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #7

tiggy Guest

I hold him there.
    Ivy is a really long story. She's still unwell.

Hi girls! Just popping in to share some good news...I've just about made it to term with this baby! Having fully expected another premmie bub, I've been pleasantly surprised to make it all the way through this time. And bub is arriving this week! I'm booked in for a c-section on Thursday and am very much looking forward to meeting our little one.

How is everyone else doing?

Tiff, how is little Miss Ivy going? Any improvement? I hope she is feeling better. And Mr Noah, what's he up to? I've been meaning to send you an email for so long. I'm sorry I have been so slack. I will get on to that very soon!

Carrie, how are you feeling? You must be coming up to an ultrasound? I hope Kyla is well.

Nickers, I hope little PowPow is treating you well! How is Nixon doing?

Hi to the other mums too...Trish, Castle, Raven, Spunkymonkies...hope you and your little ones are all well.

Love Bec

Hi bec, how exciting that in a few days you will be holding your FULL TERM baby in your arms! congratulations on getting to the end of your pregnancy, it must be a wonderful experience.

Nixon is well, although he came out in a rash today but think its from his 12m immunisation needles he had on Sat.
    Had a MCHN appointment today and she said he has no other symptoms for it being anything else and it should dissapear within 24hrs.
    His stats were weight: 10.6kg,(no wonder i cant carry him 4 long!) length: 79.5cm, HC: 45.5cm. so his length and weight just keep climbing the ladder, he has always had a small head so looks like he will continue to!
    He had a Paed appointment last Friday and all is well, he is happy for me to not need to find another paed when we move to sydney unless i feel something is not right.

baby powpow going well, i havent put on any weight this pg so far, which is good because i started off 6kg heavier! but i know im not excersing like i should be, everything else just seems to come first and there is not enough hours or energy in the day!

Hi ladies,
    Just a quick note while someone is occupied watching Bob the Builder....
    Bec and Nic, sounds like everything is going well! Bec, I hope you have a super-smooth c/sec on Thursday. I had a fantastic recovery after mine with Gemma and let's hope you have the same.
    Gemma is doing so well. She began crawling a couple of weeks ago, while we were away for the holidays. I had hoped she'd sit first, but no such luck! She still doesn't sit unsupported very well. She crawls all over the house--it's slow and methodical, but she follows me everywhere! I love seeing her little face coming around a doorway.
    Tiff, hugs to Ivy. How are you feeling yourself?
    Hello to everyone else. These children are beautiful!

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well now. Well things are good here. Liams collar bone is healing up nice, well so far anyway, the doctor said he still might need to get under the knife, but we'll see in a few months.
    Kayla is still loving School, although she did get into trouble the other day she hit a little boy in her class because he was picking on her.
    Willow is all but walking now, she took one step out from the coffee table the other day and went flat back down on her bum. But she trying, we think she is sick of playing with the things on the floor and wants to the higher things
    Bec, Congrats to making it to term hun, VERY happy for you
    Tiff, How is Ivy?? I really hope she is better :hugs:
    Anyway thats it for now.
    Raven

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

Wow Bec! I am SO excited for you. Have you got someone to make the announcement on BB?
    It must be very weird having a baby go to term. I can't wait until you have your gorgeous one safely in your arms. Thinking of you.

Nic, glad to hear that everything is going well at your end. Nixon, sounds as though he is very well. Hope the rash is nothing to worry about.

Castle, so good to hear that Gemma is crawling how cute. Soon, she will be up on tiny pegs walking around everywhere.

Raven - wow at Willow taking a step. You must be really proud!! There will be no looking back now!!! Better start babyproofing higher up!

Thank you all for asking after my little girl. After a very big run around I think we got some much needed help and she is looking up. Still not 100% but SO much better than she was. SHe even had a giggle yesterday, instead of a grizzle. We ended up going back on all treatment for her ear plus some hydrogen peroxide in her ear too. We've had blood tests done to see if there is anything else going on for her but we have to wait to see the ENT next week for those and where to go to from here. Here ear still looks a bit mucky but heaps better than before and she isn't so sick either. All good things.
    My gorgeous, easy going boy is finally walking on his own. He walks with his arms bent up into little chicken wings but he's not falling or hurling himself into the nearest lap anymore and he prefers to walk over crawling. He also had his tongue tie released yesterday and can stick his tongue right out now. I have tried him with a sippy cup today and he can use it!!! Next, I'm going to try a straw!

As for me (thanks for asking Castle) I had a test done a couple of weeks ago and then got an infected haematoma. I was pretty unwell there for a little bit but am alot better now, with antibiotics. The stupid thing just keeps on building up though so now I am thinking I will have to go into have it drained. Hope not. Have gotten this far without it.

It's so good to hear from everyone and see how all the cherubs are doing.
    Last edited by tiggy; May 1st, 2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: to fix spelling mistake (insert redface here)

LOL at Ivy still not being 1005! I know you meant 100% Tiff!
    Glad to hear that she is getting better though.
    Look at your ticker pic, its so gorgeous! u take the best piccy's!

WTG on willow's first steps and Gemma's crawling!

Nixon's rash seems to have all but dissapeared so must have been from his needles thank fully.

Bec- Congratulations on going full term!!!!! What a relief it must be for you! Goodluck with the c-section, I'll be looking forward to your birth announcement and pics!
    I have my first scan tomorrow (7 weeks), so hoping that it all goes well.
    Nickers- That's good that Nixons rash has died down. That's great to hear how well he is doing! Wow at putting no weight on yet, you must be eating really well and exercising!
    Castle- I'm glad Gemma is doing good and getting better at the crawling.
    Raven- Oh, I didn't know Liam had hurt his collar bone, what happened? Poor Kayla, with the boy picking on her, at least she stood up for herself - just probably not in the best way LOL (he was probably a bully!). Great news that Willow is starting to walk, yay, well done!
    Tiff- It's good to hear Ivy is on the mend, poor bubba! LOL at the image of little Noah walking around with his arms like chicken wings, how cute! Sorry that you have been under the weather too!

Well things are going well here. I have been pretty tired and needing to nap a lot and have had lots of nausea, but am taking B6 and it seems to have been better over the last few days. I have my scan tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to.
    Kyla is doing well, she seems to be expanding her vocabulary daily, copying everything! Today she took a few steps from mum to a chair! Wowee. I then tried it later (with her shoes off) from me to a coffe table and the poor thing fell and wacked her head on the table! I felt awful!!
    Kyla is still really testing the boundaries atm, she just seems to get frustrated really easily and will then hit out, or throw things. I'm hoping that this may resolve a bit when she starts walking (let out her energy through this and be able to do more!)

tiggy Guest

Hey Carrie!
    Great to hear from you too!
    Did you have one or two babies transferred? Possibility of twinnies there???????
    Can't wait to hear about your scan. Hoping all goes well tomorrow.

Kyla and Ivy sound very similar! Excellent news that she is taking a few steps! You won't know yourself once she starts walking full time!

Hi Carrie,
    I'm soooo happy to hear that Kyla is taking a few steps now, WTG Kyla!!!
    Yeah, Liam fell off the tramp a few weeks ago and broke is collar bone. But he seems to be doing ok so far.

Raven

Wow.. so much has been going on in here... havent really got time to catch up... sneeking on at work LOL...

Congrats to all the preggy mummys... hope things go really well for you all...

Horray for all the walking & crawling bubs...

Hope all the bubs that arent well atm make quick & full recoveries...

Quick update on Alexa...

She is now 14 months (12 corrected)... She has just started to stand up on her own a bit now & can go from sitting to standing with out pulling herself up on anything... she is talking & babbling alot more noe & is getting a wider & wider vocab too.. heaps of fun... She crawls flat out & gets into mischef alot (not looking forward to when she realises she can walk & reach higher things !!!).. she is as cheeky as they come & has the coolest sheeky grin... she is doing really well & gaining weight like a trooper.. no wonder with the amount she eats!!!!.... she is starting to ween herself off the bottle but is drinking water & juice out of her bottle herself though...

She has her first cold, has a runny nose & sneezing & is really clingy atm (I dont mind the cuddles though LOL)... not too bad I though to get this far without her being sick!!!>...

Better shoot off the boss is gonna catch me soon LOL...

Big hugz for all the mums & bubs...

Will try & keep up & catch up more regularly!!!

Hi again girls. I'm sorry, I wanted to reply to all of you personally but I still have a few things left to do for tomorrow and I'm running out of time fast!

I have read all your posts though and I am glad to hear that there are such good things happening with all your little ones. Our premmies are doing us proud!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words and well wishes. I will catch up with you all when I get home from hospital.

Carrie, I hope all went well with your ultrasound today & Tiff, I hope you and Ivy are feeling ok.

Bye for now!

Bec

ETA: Tiff - sorry, I forgot to answer your question...I'll be texting a few BB girls tomorrow after the bub is born so I'm sure someone will post for me. (You are on my list of people to text though, so you'll get the news asap!)
    Last edited by Bec77; May 2nd, 2007 at 09:39 PM.

whoo hoo Bec i look forward to hearing the news, good luck!

tiggy Guest

AWWW Bec,
    Wishing you every happiness today as you meet your little girl.

Hi Ladies.
    Has anyone had any news on Bec???
    Awww I'm so looking forward to knowing how everything went

Raven.

Tiff- The scan went well! We only had one transferred, so not twins lol. So I saw the little blob yesterday and a heartbeat. All is going well!
    Raven- I'm glad that Liam is getting better!
    Mitch- Alexa sounds like she is doing so well! Wow, standing on her own too!!
    Bec- Congratulations on the birth of Evie!!!

tiggy Guest

Yay Carrie, such good news! Am very happy for you, hun.

luvmyboyz Guest

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if I can join your thread?? I am Kris, mum to two beautiful boys, Tate (2.5 years) & Chad (6 months). Chad was born @ 33 weeks weighing 2.3kg due to a placental abruption.

Look forward to getting to know you all & your beautiful bubs

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast