Thread: She is growing up *sob* <long>

Unhappy She is growing up *sob* <long>

My little baby is growing up I know that is how it works, but *sob* This is going to be a bit self-indulgend, but I need it, so bear with me ...

She turns one on Friday. I just had her at the pead for her yearly visit and he was so very impressed. He told me she is a very healthy little girl and that I should be proud - I am, very, very proud.

She had cut one tooth late last year - eventually - without to much hassle.

She started walking about two weeks ago and are doing better everyday.

Her personality are starting to develop and she has a mind of her own (just like her dad).

She is friendly and smile at everyone and get scared when the dog barks or I put on the vacuum and want to know what is going on in the washing mashine.

She knows when I start running a bath and are eager to get into the bathroom.

She has masterd the art of getting down one step.

She goes to sleep without much hassle and can play quiet in her cot if she is not tired, but it's past bedtime.

She can blow kisses - I think she was taught that at day-care, because it surprised the hell out of us - and she can point to what she wants and clap her hands and dance to winnie the pooh music. She notice new posters on the walls and smile when she can touch them.

She moved out of our room this weekend. Me and DH are alone in our room now, and she is sleeping down the hall in her own room.

Here is the thing - I miss her. She used to fall asleep on my chest, she used to only sleep in my arms, she used to not be able to hold her own bottle, she was so very small and fragile and helpless. I know one must not live in the past and that I must enjoy her for what she is doing now, but that does not mean that I don't want to keep her small and depened on me, kwim? I used to moan about how she would only sleep in my arms, how I would get nothing done - I would just love for her to do that again and sit and do nothing for a week

I am sure what I am going through is normal and that it's only going to get worse (she must go to school one day and one day she must leave home also) Does not make it easier. I can't really talk to DH, he thinks I am being a sissy. I love to see her growing up, but is there not a place where you can sign a petition to make a year a bit longer, or to slow down time a bit????

I sit here crying not because I am sad, but because I am soo proud and just sooo in total awe of this little being that God gave me. I never thought of myself as a mommy, but after bringing this wonder into the world I will never think of myself as anything else. I also did not realise the emotions that comes with being a mom. I don't think anyone can prepear you and you surly don't listen to other moms when they tell you that time goes by so quickly.

I am off to pick her up from day-care and then we are going to make dinner and take a bath. I think I might just let her go to sleep in my arms tonight - if she would let me

Aw Nadine that is so sweet....and normal! I can't believe my little Feral Flynn is going to be 2 in June, and will be at school before I know it. I can't believe my little Ollie-Monster is nearly 2 months old, and that he can hold his head up and smile.

Enjoy your little girl !!

Aww Nadine you sound like such a proud mumma. Your feelings sound very normal to me. I reckon also, you are getting clucky for another baby!!! maybe?

paradise lost Guest

Totally normal hun, and i'm right there with you almost every day. It's so beautiful and yet so hard watching them grow up.

This will sound mad but when DD is ill she always regresses a bit, wants to sleep in my arms and be held all the time, and i love loving on her during those times. It is so nice when the little helpless infant is back for a day or so, and then inevitably there is another huge leap forwards when they've recovered.

It's good too, because when she is needing me to read a book or play or snuggle and i'm busy or tired and my reflex is to put her off, i think "No, you can't get these five minutes back" and i relax and enjoy her. It's a beautiful job isn't it.

Bx

Thanks guys - feeling a bit better today - after having dh told me last night that he can't believe that she grew so quickly and that he sort of wish she stay this way *hear the sound of my jaw dropping on the floor*
    Renstar - ROLF - NOT YET!!! I think I get clucky, but then I think it would only get pg if I can have her all over again, kwim?? Not yet at that point where I believe that I have enough love for a second child. DH is getting a bit clucky , wanted me to get off the pill since the begining of the year, but since he is not the one getting pg - I have the last say
    Hoobley - It does not sound mad, infact I tend to feel more wanted when dd is sick too. I will give her extra cuddles also. Her new thing is to sit on my lap facing me (tummy to tummy) and just rest her head between my breasts and lay there with her arms down her sides - warm baby love Best job in the world

Hear Hear Nadine, I understand where you are coming from.
    Now I know that 37/38 weeks is classed as term but after you go through the problems that I went through, plus they were in SCN. My first SCN baby turns 9 this year, and in Grade 4 and is growing up so much. My second SCN baby has just turned 7 , in Grade 2 and has the biggest attitude problem out. My third NICU/SCN baby is turning 3 and even though she has a long way to go, she is showing me that she can overcome the problems that life has dealt her, Patrick my last SCN baby is now 20 months old and becoming a little person. He still is a baby in some ways though. He refuses to sleep anywhere but with his mummy, loves his cuddles and falls asleep in my arms. Yet he will run around and take the bumps from his brothers and sisters with a smile.
    Your little girl may be growing up but she will always be your little baby, she is just showing you that she can be a big girl but she will always need her mummy!.

Oh Nadine! I totally understand you Brendan is 11 months on friday and the last few weeks have been hard.... I cant help but think this time last yr I was totally oblivious to what was going to go wrong.

I hope she has a wonderful birthday, she has come a long way WooHoo for walking, thats fantastic!! Brendan has only just started to crawl!!

Take Care

Nadine I know what you mean! You want to celebrate the life they've lived so far and all their accomplishments, but at the same time mourn their "babyhood".

Happy 1st Birthday!!!

WooHoo! Congratulations for getting through the first year! You've done a fantastic job Enjoy this day, you only get it once

Thank You, Thank You!!
    I can't believe it. This time last year I was sooooo sick!! Pucked throughout the night and had the most anoying pain on my lungs, I even told the gyne TAKE HER OUT NOW - NOW!!!!! Did not realise that later that day he would HAVE to. ROFL!!! (funny how that is now funny ... it sure was everything BUT funny then)

This morning we sang to her when she woke up and gave her a present to open. (then she gave me a present and I had to change her diper)