Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simone's baby girl is in hospital, cont'd

Simone - What great news that your little angel is home with you again!
    Take care of yourself!

Yay Anneliese is home, that is fantastic news.

Congrats to your DH too for finding a new job.

How fantastic that Anneliese is finally home with you Simone! YAY!!

Nic

So glad to hear Anneliese is home! I hope she continues to stay healthy and fighting strong.

Absolutely wonderful news that she is home. Fingers crossed that she stays healthy and happy. Well done Anneliese.

I saw her yesterday and she is much better

She's home and doing well, She wasnt able to come home, as MIL works with DHS and mentioned some things that didnt really matter, and shouldn't have left the family circle, but once something is said, DHS has to investigate. And the boys being sick (and clingy) and going to the hospital all the time, they decided to show up in the arvo, when the house was a mess and we were all in our pj's. So they told me Anneliese could not come home until the house was a little more sanitary. We didnt think an ything of it, and called the hospital, and were told that Anneliese was being discharged, and we could come and get her. 20 mins later, we got a call, saying Anneliese was being "kept in for observation." You guessed it, DHS had been in contact. I was devastated, i cried for like 2 days. It took quite a few more days, but i eventually got her back, after a lot of fighting. It has taken away alot of my confidence as a mother, i used to think i was great, now i question my decisions... And DHS came back today, asking if i was seeking help for my drug and alcohol addictions (huh? I dont even smoke!) and asking to see Anneliese's bed. I shut them up, i showed them a beautiful old fashioned cradle, complete with fresh sheets (as is done every 2 days) and hidden underneath is her Angelcare monitor. that REALLY shut them up!! I just dont know what to do, im scared of feeling or doing anything with my kids.

Oh Simone - so glad that have your little girl back safe and well. How horrible that you have had to go through all that drama with DHS. I can't imagine how distressing that would be - particularly when they start accusing you of things which are totally untrue - where did they get the drug and alchohol idea? I don't know if i could hold my temper in that situation. At least you could show them how well you are caring for Anneliese -hopefully they won't be back!

BE careful when you take your children to the Childrens in Melbourne. a dr called Nadine (big girl, shoulder length blonde hair) was the one who dobbed us in (for what? i ask..) The only question i asked them about anything like that was i had a couple more than just one drink one night, and i asked how long i should wait, just to be sure (we're talking like 4 drinks) and they told me 24hours. They looked like they were disgusted. I didnt breatfeed her, i didnt even attempt to. And after all the stress iv been thru, im entitled to have a drink every now and then. I drink prolly once or twice a month (including a glass of wine with dinner.) Im devastated. I used to think i was a good mum, now im scared to bond with Anneliese, dont have my glass of wine occasionally And i have to spend all day every day trying to clean, as they keep turning up at my house... like 2-4 times a week. And they're telling me i cant fly with Anneliese, even though the drs said she couldn't fly 1-2w after discharge, its almost 3 now. So off to drs to get med cert to shut them up... I wish they would get off my back, i doubt myself so much without them on my case 24/7...
    Sorry to rave on and on, iv just had enough...

Simone, you have been through so much and are doing a great job. DHS are now involved so why don't you just prove them wrong so they think they don't need to be coming around. Just concentrate your energy into your little girl and your boys as it will be better for them if you are not stressed. That said, vent all you like - We are all here for you when you need us.

Hi Simone

Sorry to hear you have been through a very rough time with DHS - quite frankly they're useless and should be spending their time running after REAL cases of child abuse and not harass an innocent mum like yourself. Don't feel guilty about the occasional glass of wine darls - it's known as "Mummy clever juice!" lol! From the sounds of it that Doctor has the problem not you!

Did you get the present I sent via Jess? Hope things have settled down for you now.

Take care.
    Neeny (June Forum)

There was talk of taking the kids off me due to my "drug/alcohol abuse" but they couldnt prove it, so they couldnt take them. It was the scariest time in my life. They can leave kids with REAL druggie mums, who abandom them, or chop their arms off, but try to take them off real good mums! They a screwed up department.

I went into best and less today, they had some great kids clothes, i so could've spent loads of money... BUt im broke, so i satisfied myself looking

Neeny, i havent received it yet JEss is going thru some s**t atm, she mightn't have been able to get down to post it... Thank you though. You didnt have to do that!!

I dont give a S**T about DHS, im going out tonight. I need some "me" time, so my SIL will drag me out of the house (prolly literally) down to a local kareoke bar, where we'll have a ball, and there's talk of going nightclubbing... I cant even remember the last time i went into a nightclub... And im only 22!!

Man thats so harsh. If thats the case i must be an alcoholic along with thousands of other mums that have a drink or few....that nurse is obviously not a mother herself is all i can say.
    I hope you are feeling better, dont beat yourself up, Anneliese loves you unconditionally and always will.

Thanks guys, i knew i could depend on ya's to pick me up when i feel like s**t...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12