Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babies cry more in yellow rooms??

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Bek, I'm wishing we'd gone for green too now! Easy to add either blue or pink to it after bub is born and it would still look nice. Bah!

Wonder if I could mix the yellow with a blue to get green hmmm...could always try a small sample and see what happens!
    Talk to the people at the paint shop. Most paints start with a base and then they add tints to get it to the colour you want. I have taken paint back and got them to add tint to change the colour. It is a bit more creative than just following the recipe from the start, but you can get pretty close to a new colour you decide on.

Thanks Kate! I might try that! I can't imagine it would be impossible to go from pastel yellow to green, but I'll soon find out!

Willow, I just remembered that when my sons do overnighters at my parents, one of the rooms is yellow, and they've always slept just fine in there. Thought I'd mention it, since I just remembered.

Cool, thanks Nelle

There is definitely truth behind the effect of colour on the human brain. Great post Liz. We studied the effects of colour when I was at uni.

You should be able to have your paint changed to green Willow. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't ... here, give it to me! LOL I don't hesitate to mix paints, even on a large scale. Trick is to start with just a small amount and MIX WELL... paint a test area and observe under all light conditions: daylight, night etc.

Pale green would be a lovely colour for a nursery. We rent and interestingly the ceiling of our nursery is pink! The walls have wallpaper: cream with a small pink rose design. I think my boys were very happy in it.... they certainly slept well in there when they weren't co sleeping with us in our predominantly wine red room. Didn't bother me at all that I had my boys in a pink room... it felt "right" for a nursery... that's all that worried me.

Hiya,

I hadn't heard of this but as soon as I heard it I thought OMG!!. My sons room was 'sunshine yellow' think milky bright yellow and he was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!. My daughters was pink and she was an angel! I'm in the process of going through paint charts to paint the nursery for this one and was leaning towards yellow again...not anymore!

Cheers Missy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12