Thread: Car Seats - AGAIN!!!

Default Car Seats - AGAIN!!!

Sorry girls, I know car seats have been discussed a thousand times in here....basically, we have come back from South Africa and our car seat doesn't have the Australian standards so I am quickly looking for another one...will go with the Safe n Sound - but am confused with all the models - Meridian, Royale, Platinum, Premier....

Any recommendations, as you can appreciate I need to get this sorted out asap - hadn't even thought we were using a car seat we weren't supposed to - duh!!.
    TIA
    Laurin

I'm not sure where you are but I found the staff at Baby Bunting really, really helpful - maybe drop in there sometime?

Boo boo, we have a meridian and a maxi rider. The maxi rider is great bcos it can be used from about 12kgs I think, maybe less, onwards, all the way until 7 yo or so, when they no longer need a booster seat. It is one of the better ones as you can buy an anti-submarining clip for it (this goes between the legs to stop them sliding them down), one you are using it as a booster instead of a "restraint". Plus it is easy to put in and take out as necessary. The meridian is great too, but you wouldn't get as much use out of it as it can't be used as a booster seat down the track.

I have a Royale, a Premier and two Maxi Riders, all great car seats! You can't go wrong with any of the Safe N Sound car seats. MantaRay is right, the Maxi Rider will get much more use because you can use them from 6 months of age to 7 years (8 - 25kg). Most other car seats can be used from 0 - 4 years.

Good luck

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

We used a Premier retractor until Charlie was about 20 months old and have now moved him into a Maxirider, which is from 12 - 25kgs I think? Both are by Safe and Sound and I loved the Premier and now love the maxirider. Both easy to install, comfortable for baby and like MR said, the maxi rider, though it looks like a booster, has a five point harness and anchors to the car with a strap and the seat belt combined.

Another fan of the Maxi Rider here as well

make sure you take your car and check how much room , we couldn't go a S/S as the front seats had to be too far forward to fit the seat in RF we also couldn't go a turn-a-tot either

Thanks for all your help girls, think I will be going with the Maxi Rider.

Laurin

the maxi rider can be used from 8kg-26kg!
    i got worried when i read from 12kg as DD is only 9.7kg and we'll hopefully need one in the next 12 months and i couldnt see her been 12 kg!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sorry AJP! Lol! I wasn't sure exactly what the weight range was.

sushee you dont need to apologise!! i had prior thoughts that it was from around the 12 kg mark as well, but never really thought too much about it as i assumed DD would weigh a tad more!!