Thread: Good Double/tandem pram???

Default Good Double/tandem pram???

Hi all!

Im having my second child in October and i need to get a double/tandem pram. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good brand/type? Logan will be 18months and hes a bit on the heavy side lol.
    Ive been looking at the new phil and teds but im just not sure about a three wheeler.

TIA

Simone

I have a great double from Babyco....Duetto by Swallow $289.95. Best dosh i ever spent!

Duetto Twin Stroller by Swallow

# Suitable from newborn to toddler (up to 18kg per seat).
    # Independent adjustable backrest for each child.
    # Independent removable padded seat liners. Hand washable.
    # Five point safety harnesss with D-rings.
    # Individual bootcovers
    # Soft removable bumper bar.
    # Viewing window at top of hoods.
    # Easy to fold.
    # Soft grip handle.
    # Large accessory baskets (carry up to 5kg each).
    # Lockable front swivel wheels.
    # Independent rear brakes.
    # Locks closed when folded.
    # Independently tested to confirm compliance to Australian/New Zealand Standard 2088

Oh wow lol, thanks Kim. That is actually the only pram i have seen that i liked, looks so comfy for the both of them.

Thanks heaps,
    Simone

Its a hard decision isn't it. I hate the P&Ts so that was out for me.

I ended up getting two prams. First is the Valco Twin runabout for going for proper walks - has great accessories included - rain hood, sunshade etc and easy seating positions, pushing, balanced etc. Downside is that it weights A LOT, which is why I got the Babylove tandem for shopping. This folds up really small and is lightweight so great for getting in and out of the car. At least, that's the theory of them both - will let you know in a couple of weeks when I actually have a new baby to put in there. They're great around the lounge room with DD#1 and Teddy in though!

I have to say I love the P&t. It handles like a single stroller and is really comfortable for a bigger older child. I used to have a tandem and found it hard to get around tight corners in shopping centres.

I dont like tandems myself as they dont feel *safe* when i push them. The double fits through pretty much all checkouts where i shop. Bit bulky for the boot, but we have a station wagon so plenty of room still..(plus we also have a single pram in the back too for when i just have one DD with me). Its fairly light to lift.

Theres nothing i dont like about it! I brought it after a friend had one and she recommended it

Ive not had the P & T...but i dont like it cos id hate having a child under the other...not being able to see where they are going etc.

Yes it is really hard. ATM i have two single prams. A Graco (great for shopping and all day outings, but quite heavy) and a Swallow( good for walking and on public transport). So im hopeing i make the right choice of double/tandem pram.