Thread: Help - Phil & Teds Sports Buggy

newmum Guest

Default Help - Phil & Teds Sports Buggy

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can give me the pros and cons of the Phils & Teds Sport Buggy i am currently looking at prams and like the look of this one.

Thanks

hi i love my p&t...
    its nice and light - about 9kg....
    you can attach second seat ro it, the accessory cover fit so snugly too.
    easy to fold and put up.
    very easy to drive - it maneuvers beautifully
    has a few diff seating possies for the back - you can lower seat a bit when sitting up with a zip and has 2 upright possies.....

hope that helps you

good luck choosing!

curl Guest

I too have a phil & teds pram but its the e3 version... approx 2 1/2 years old now. It is fantastic. Steerage is smooth, collapses a lot easier than other prams, cleans up well with spot cleaning, accessories galore available... list of positives goes on.

My only real complaint is the lack of storage space which is easily solved by the purchase of the panier bags also made by phil & teds. Also you can't put a nappy bag on the handles because it WILL tip over. You always have to use the disabled or pram aisles in shops because the wide back wheels don't go through the normal ones, that said most prams have the same problem... solution is that the shops should be more accommodating to parents, after all we do a lot of the shopping!

My SIL has the sports version and they absolutely love theirs too. I quizzed lots of strangers with the prams when I was planning on purchasing a double pram and I never heard a bad comment from anyone and now I'm finding I am answering the same queries.

I hope I've helped you a little.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Only bad thing i have heard and found when looking at sport is that break is hard to put on and off.

However the Dash (new one just on market) has break on handle and is great i love it!!!
    Cant wait for bubbs so i can play with pram!!

Default new

I just bought the new Phil and ted VIBE new inline vibe

FANTASTIC.. the vibe is the new one. released today!!

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by curl View Post
    Also you can't put a nappy bag on the handles because it WILL tip over. You always have to use the disabled or pram aisles in shops because the wide back wheels don't go through the normal ones, that said most prams have the same problem... solution is that the shops should be more accommodating to parents, after all we do a lot of the shopping!
    The sports model has obviously fixed those problems as mine fits through almost every register (I think its only BigW that it doesnt) & mine doesn't tip while carrying bags on the handle, I use a mummy hook, maybe thats the difference with that??

I love my P&T sport. I think the pro's have all been stated above. One thing I really love is the amount of space it takes up in my boot, I still fit my full food shopping in there with it (I do shopping every 3 weeks so I get quite alot, including nappies!)

One thing I prefer on different prams is the back position thingy (cant think of how else to describe it) Other prams the back rest clicks up & down, with the P&T's sport its a zipper which can be hard as baby gets bigger sitting the seat upright as the child is heavy. Not a huge pain though & well worth it with all the pros it has to offer.

There are heaps of accessories too! Even one where you can put your capsule safely in the pram, like a travel system... I'll be looking at getting one of those before bubs arrives Heaps of colours available now too.

Also I think the storage space on the Dash is bigger than the sports if thats needed. I dont have a problem with mine but as I said I use a mummy hook to hang bags off the handle & I also have the pannier bags incase I ever go somewhere I know I'll need more storage for (Like DFO haha)

I think you'll be really happy with a P&T's

Sorry to go OT!!! Danielle is that capsule/travel system thing for the Sports??? Is it something extra you can buy? We are looking at getting one and was just wondering how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    Sorry to go OT!!! Danielle is that capsule/travel system thing for the Sports??? Is it something extra you can buy? We are looking at getting one and was just wondering how it works?

Oh yeah, sorry I know they had them for the older version (E3 was it called?) I need to ask at babies galore if they have them for the sports or if the one they do sell will fit the sports model... sorry for not being able to answer your question! As soon as I know, I'll post it in here but I don't know when I'll get to the shops next!

Do you mean the cocoon? If so, yes they do still make them for the sports model....

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin27 View Post
    Do you mean the cocoon? If so, yes they do still make them for the sports model....

No, not the cocoon, the travel system thingy for your capsule. I know they definatley still do the cocoons, sleeping bags etc. Thanks for trying to answer our question though

Quote Originally Posted by didispunk View Post
    I just bought the new Phil and ted VIBE new inline vibe

FANTASTIC.. the vibe is the new one. released today!!

Brilliant.
    May I ask how much you paid for this pram as I am considering buying a Phil and Teds now that we have #2 on the way (so would need doubles kit)? Also, what was/is the wait period for you to receive the pram? TIA.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I went today to have a look with dh at the Vibe and to show him the Dash as i upgraded from sports without showing him!!

Neither of us liked the vibe it folded up bigger than the Dash and we didndt think iot looked as nice.

They told us that there was a wait on both (not an issue for us as on laybe till we clear room etc to set up nursery)

Best bet is go and play with them both in the shop!

I must say I prefer the look of the dash to the vibe, but its personal choice.

I agree that the best thing to do would be to go & try them both in the shop, including folding them etc

Ya i guess everyone likes something a little different. I personally like the vibe.. as teh breaks are at the top, the sun viser moves to where you want it.

Just personal preference. I paid 799 for my VIBE... good luck!

I got the Vibe on the weekend too. Our main reason was the brake system is a trigger button - very easy to put on. We live in a very hilly area and the foot brakes on the sports model were just not a sensible option. Although the Dash has a handle brake it still requires two buttons pushed in at the same time as the handle pushed down. Try doing that when you are at the top of a very steep driveway and the pram is gaining momentum while you are trying to keep your balance.

Other bonuses of the Vibe are that it folds with the doubles kit on, the storage basket is larger and the visor can be moved and positioned forward or backward. I didn't find that it folded up much bigger than any of the other models - but i did notice that the staff struggled to fold it properly the first couple of times because they had only just had it that day to play with. Once they got it though it took no time and did fold flat.

They all still have the various accessories which is great, cos I can pick and choose what will suit me.