Thread: How do you organise your baby clothes?

Default How do you organise your baby clothes?

I've just prewashed all of my baby clothes and realised how much I have!!! I am going to put everything size 0 and bigger away until summer. However, I am not sure how to organise the hundreds of onepiece outfits that I have in smaller sizes. The different brands have different sizing so its hard to sort by size, and I have some long sleeve and long arms, some long sleeves, some cap sleeves, some sleeveless. I am completely bewildered LOL. How do you do it?

sorry - can't help as I haven't got that many clothes for bub yet. Am painting the nursery this week so once that is done I'll get more organised but for now we have nowhere to put anything - hence the lack of clothes etc.

Generally I put the long-sleeved bodysuits and long sleeved tshirts together.

Snap-up singlets & short-sleeved / cap-sleeved bodysuits together.
    Non-snap singlets etc I put with tshirts as I generally use them all the same.

Hi Candice,

It's not until you wash all the baby clothes that you realise just how many you have and how quickly they accumulate.... it's been some time now since i have had to wash all those cute baby clothes but i do remember doing them and getting so excited about the impending arrival of my little one!!!

Anyway onto how do you sort the clothes, well for me i got all size 0000 , all size 000, all size 00 and so on and put them all together....the clothes that we needed straight away went into the wardrobe on hangers and the rest went in the drawers starting at the top first and working my way down, so pretty much each size had it's own draw ykwim. It's hard to know though and it is quite over whelming but once your little princess arrives you will have more idea of what you will and wont need straight away.

Goodluck!

I put all the 00 or larger clothes in a box in the spare room cause i have so much 0000 and 000
    top drawer is booties beanies singlets
    next drawer is short sleeved onesies
    next drawer is long sleeved onesies
    next drawer is seperates e.g. tops and bottoms/leggings
    bottom drawer is seperates for winter e.g. wooly jumpers/trackpants
    just seems logical to me but everyones different
    HTH

I have those drawer isnerts/dividers from ikea, because the drawers we have for bub are huge, so that way I can keep everything seperate even if its all in the same drawer.

For DS, I had it organised pretty uch the way Kazbah has described.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_mama View Post
    I put all the 00 or larger clothes in a box in the spare room cause i have so much 0000 and 000
    top drawer is booties beanies singlets
    next drawer is short sleeved onesies
    next drawer is long sleeved onesies
    next drawer is seperates e.g. tops and bottoms/leggings
    bottom drawer is seperates for winter e.g. wooly jumpers/trackpants
    just seems logical to me but everyones different
    HTH
    :yeahthat:
    I arranged them by size too...so all the 0 were at the bottom of each pile, then the 00, then 0 (Charlotte was already to long for most 0000 size things when she was born)

How fun is it washing and sorting all the little clothes though!??? *cluckitycluck*

You know picky me hung by size and size estimates in groups But sure that will change when she arrives

I hang up all clothes that will, so all tops, onsies, dresses, jackets etc. in draws i have socks and booties, next draw is singlets/snap up slinlglets, then pants and skirts, bibs, etc. As I did not have alot of space my dd#3 draws are actualy the plastic ones you can get from kmart that stack up and are in a part of my linen cupboard.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Wardrobe drawers

top has socks (used to when little have mittens and hats also)
    2nd bibs

Chest of drawers.
    Top singlets, snap singlets, short sleeve no leg bodysuits, tshirts all in seperate piles.

2nd long sleeve with and without legs, wondersuits, pants and shorts

3rd jumpers, sets

4th pj sets and extra stuff

Had all 000 to start now 00 and 0 (1 wondersuits) about to seal massive space bag of 000 and some 00 that dont fit

Mine are in sizes depending on what bub is wearing... Before birth I had size 0000 & 000 in the top drawer so it was easily accessable. This included any bigger sizes that seemed to be around the same size, so 00 Bonds suits would be with them as Bonds are usually smaller. The next drawer was 00, then 0, then 1 or bigger.

Now it's size 0 summer things in top drawer & winter in second drawer, then size 1 in the other drawers (they are bigger clothes so take more space one they are in size 0 +). Hanging space is the same left hand side is what currently fits, spare hangers in the middle then bigger clothes (I have some hand-me-downs up to size 4) on the right. Easy for me & also easy for daddy to find the right size

Wow. Thanks everyone. Seems like these systems are a little complicated LOL, especially when the different brands have different sizings. I'm sure when she gets here, all her clothes will eventually just end up in piles!

I keep all the same sized clothes together in the top draw, separating long pants, shorts, short sleeved, long sleeved and singlets in their own piles. I must admit - I'm pretty an*l with clothes, even separating good 'out going' clothes from 'around the house stuff'.

Although, this has helped hugely as when DF goes to clothe DD I know he's putting the right sized clothing on her.

All her other clothing I have piled in the same system in the lower draws so when she outgrows on size all I have to do is move out the old size and in with the new!!