thread: Joolz pram by Bloom - your thoughts??

Oct 2008

Joolz pram by Bloom - your thoughts??

Hi All,

Anyone have or considered getting a Joolz Pram?

I have been web browsing a few and took the plunge and went to a baby store yesterday... Oh the baby Bling... So hard not to whip out the plastic...

Anyway - really like the Joolz but wondering if you have any thoughts or experience of it?

My needs are that it needs to be easy to manover, easy to fold, well made, suitable for baby to toddler, smart looking without being OTT.

One of the features that I really loved was it is the only one I can find that has a telescopic/extendable footrest thingo which means that a longer toddler can sit in it comfortably. That is what has been bothering me about the Steelcraft Strider and Peg Skate.

Rachel

Mar 2009

I'm curious to hear any reviews on the Joolz pram also.

Does anyone know the estimated price?

Oct 2008

The price is around $750-$800 for the pram and $300 for the basinett. So around $1000 for the unit. Comes with a rain cover but not a sun shade and as it is a European design the sun canopy is tiny so will definately need something else to cover bubs from our sun.

The feature I really love is the extendable foot rest. None of the others I have seen have that. And it feels sturdy.

Have you checked one out in the shops yet?

Rachel

Apr 2007
    Melbourne

Hi there - we were seriously considering this pram for the same reason plus it has a reversible seat. However we felt it was kind of wobbly, and it was kind of fussy to click the seat in/out when changing direction.

We found something we liked better - the Mutsy 4rider - and we LOOOOVE it! It's around the same price as the Joolz and I've read some good reviews of it online.

Have you had a chance to see the Joolz in person? Where are you located?

If we had not found the Mutsy, we probably would have gone with the Joolz. But once we tried out the Musty we knew we had to have it. I think we will order it in a few weeks - thankfully MIL is paying for it.

-Jules

Oct 2008

Hi Jules,

We are in Adel. I have found a shop here that has a Joolz.

Thanks for the heads up about the Musty - I will go and search it out. Love pram hunting!

Yay for MIL paying for your pram. Mine paid for our first pram - that has lasted us so well for five years but it is time for an upgrade.

Rachel

Oct 2008

Hi Jules,

We are in Adel. I have found a shop here that has a Joolz.

Thanks for the heads up about the Musty - I will go and search it out. Love pram hunting!

Yay for MIL paying for your pram. Mine paid for our first pram - that has lasted us so well for five years but it is time for an upgrade.

Rachel

Apr 2007
    Melbourne

Hi Rachel -

The same distributor that carries the Joolz also brings the Mutsy 4rider into Oz. You may be able to find a store in SA by going to their website - TGA Unlimited.

We actually called the distributor b/c the info on their site was not up to date. They were really helpful and directed us to a shop about 5 minutes up the street from us!!

Let me know what you think if you are able to check it out!!

I got so stressed trying to decide on a pram, as did my husband, and the Mutsy ticks all of the boxes for us.

Mar 2009

Jules_P - thanks for the recommendation on the Mutsy. It looks great.

How do you find getting through tight spaces? Are the wheels narrow enough?

Apr 2007
    Melbourne

HI there - Bubs is not here yet so I have no idea, but the width seems to be the same or very close to the Joolz and maybe not much more than a Bugaboo. I don't think any of these types of prams are the go for tight spaces to be honest, but we just have one car and I will be walking a lot with bubs (just for exercise too!) and the Mutsy seems like it will be great for that kind of lifestyle. We'll probably get an umbrella type stroller for tighter spaces once bubs is a tiny bit older.

We're going to order the dinner tray and bigger shopping basket (it's on the Mutsy international site under accessories) from the States and have my parents bring them over. I think the dinner tray will be great when bubs is older.

- Jules

Oct 2008

Well DH and I went crazy today and bought the Joolz!!!

We got the blue, its a bit like a kingfisher blue really. We dont know what sex the baby is but in the last four days we have had 6 scans so we think we might have a clue that blue will work.

All up we got the stroller, bassinet and sleeping bag thingo for $1100.

I was also considering the BeBe BabyAce and the Peg P Skate but in the end the design elements, fabric, and sturdiness of the Joolz won me over.

I am very excited.

Just need to get a bit patient and wait for bubs to arrive...only 20 more weeks to go...!

At least I didnt get the nappy bag so that still leaves me something to obsess about.

Apr 2007
    Melbourne

How exciting! Great that you could get the colour you wanted too. Even if it ends up being a girl, that colour will still be fine.

We ordered our Mutsy on Sunday!! It was on sale for $689 including the bassinet so we figured we might as well snap it up. It'll arrive in a few weeks and I can't wait to get it.

Now onto nappy bags, right?

Mar 2009

Ladies - how does the Mutsy & the Joolz compare to the Bugaboo?

I have only seen and pushed a Bugaboo at this stage and DH and I found it mindblowing how easy to manouvre it was.

Jules_P - Where did you order the Mutsy from? I'm quite interested in having a look at one in real life...

TIA

Oct 2008

Soulful, I didnt consider the Bugaboo. I am a bit over them.

I like the Joolz as it is a bit fresh looking as well as having the features I wanted.

My "cant do without" list came down to;
    # four wheel (have a three wheel with DS and while they are great when bubs is little, as they get heavier I found it more "tippy"
    # pump up tyres, we live in an area without many footpaths so solid or plastic tyres would make the ride too hard
    # height, I am nearly 6 foot (as is DH) so the pram base and handle had to be good for my back
    # sturdy, I dont mind a bit of extra weight in the pram if it means a more sturdy and reliable pram (DS pram is five years old and now a bit tired looking but still strong)
    # funky, lets face it, this time I wanted a funky looking pram too as its my last baby and I am too old to be sensible now

I think the Musty looks very solid and reliable too.

Apr 2007
    Melbourne

Hi Soulful -

I think both the Joolz and Mutsy have comparable features to the Bugaboo (although the shopping baskets are much smaller) but are less expensive. Also I cannot recall what the deal is with folding down the Joolz, but you can definitely fold down the Mutsy with the seat on (it's not small that way, but it's doable). The Joolz and Mutsy both steer very easily IMO.

DH and I like that we can get a dinner tray for the Mutsy and when baby is older we will probably get the fun seat attachment too.

We ordered our Mutsy from Baby Gallery in Clayton (Melbourne) but have also seen it at Parenthood on High Street in Malvern.

Looks like you have plenty of time to decide - have fun!!