Thread: Kingparrot vs Boori Cot???

Default Kingparrot vs Boori Cot???

Hi - I have been looking at both the Kingparrot and Boori cots. I am aware they are made by the same company - and wanted to know if there is much difference in the quality? There is such a large price difference - is it worth it?

Thanks

from when i worken in the baby store, we were alwys told that they are the same quality, but boori are larger in size - they have a larger mattress and need slightly bigger manchester. plus the designs are different, the boori being more country and KP more modern.
    hope that helps you!!
    by the way, i went with te boori for the look.. and went all out and got the complete set of furniture....

Hi Katie
    I have the king parrot Alice cot. I'm very happy with the quality and ds loves it.

Hi Katie

We decided to go KP with our nursery as we didn't like the Boori steel plate they put on everything. Although their cots are gorgeous and look chunkier than the KP cot we are happy with it. Boori do seem to have their own 'non-standard' sizing though.

This is just our experience and everyone is different. in the end I haven't gone with either, haven't used it yet, still got a while. I wanted to get a kingparrot as I thought for the cost they were good (had the features I wanted, one side drop release and toddler bed). I found IRL that they seemed "rickety" on the drop release, more so than the Boori. We also found with the side that both cots (KP more than Boori) made a "click" as the side locked in place, we were worried about the noise waking bubs. They are also not made in Australia but do have the advantage of going to a toddler bed. These are all individual things and everyone is different. We have gone with the "Gembrook" from Babyco, Australian made, it still has a few issues but it seemed "sturdier". It seemed to be in between the KP and the Boori. I can't remember which one the "finish" could have been better on, possibly the gembrook, The KP has a hidden slide mechanism, but these things are just cosmetic. It comes down to what you like, after all you will be dealing with it for a while. It is hard looking at things online, I had pretty much decided on the Alice, but decided IRL it wasn't for us. Go give a few cots a shake, after all that is what bub will do in a while . Happy shopping

We looked at both and couldn't justify the price of the Boori, plus I didn't like the metal nameplate. I agree with the poster who said the Boori is a little more 'country' in style which we weren't that keen on either. We went with the Kingparrot Scout over the Alice as the Scout has thicker 'bars' and flat ends.

We went with the KP Scout too as I wanted a white cot for my little girl and the KP had all the features we liked and fit the budget. DS is still using his cot so we'll end up with two but that's OK, he's not ready for a bed yet - he's not a great sleeper...

Quote Originally Posted by caro View Post
    Hmm Well I have to say I was also upset about that when I had my first baby lol but seriously noise is what they need to get used to
    Of course I tiptoed around the house, made everyone else tiptoe, took the ph off the hook etc etc with number one , with number two well its hard to get a 4yr old to be quiet so I just go with the flow now..I still cringe at the door bell though

I know there will be noise, it is just one of those things I wanted to minimise, and it came down to us liking the other one better. Everyone is different.

I thought Boori were made in oz
    I checked the choice website, they use Australian wood, but are made in China, well the KP are.

We borrowed a Boori cot up until about a month ago. We gave it back as the people we borrowed from re expecting another baby. Anyways, the Boori cot was quite nice - a good sturdy cot and looked nice too. When Claire was really unsettled I would get in the cot with her and snuggle her till she went to sleep, so they arent the flimsy old cots I've seen before that wouldnt be able to hold an adults weight. They are a bit bigger than a standard cot size, but we just used normal linen and it fit just fine. I honestly didnt care at all about the click the side made and I didnt even think of it at all to be honest. I mean, bub isnt going to live in a completely silent world, theres going to be noise anyway so I really would worry too much about the clicky thing. Its not that loud anyway.

We got the king parrot, and are really happy with, we just couldn't justify the price difference, also the boori cots look was alot 'heavier' which I didn't like. I think any drop side is going to make some sort of noise, it's just a matter of bubs getting used to it. We also liked that it converts to a toddler bed. It has pretty much the same features as the boori but at a fraction of the price!

Enchanted Guest

We have the Kingparrot Alice cot and I love it.

We love the King Parrot cot that we got, I'm not sure what it's name was though, maybe Alice?

Tinsel, I'm not sure how big the steel plate is on the Boori ones but there is also a little steel plate on the King Parrot as well. That's how I found out they were made by te same company LOL!

We have the KingParrot Alice cot and are really happy with it - it lokos nice and seems sturdy enough. Great price compared to others too. The click is there but honestly we make noise around MAckenzie all the time so she's no so precious that she can't sleep unless it's perfectly quiet.

Thanks Everyone. I think we have decided on the Kingparrot Ulur cot most likely in English Oak. I like the Boori - but the added size could be an issue. And when I looked closely I could not see a great deal of difference in the actual quality of the make.