Thread: phil and teds - newborn

Question phil and teds - newborn

hello, here is a question that i cant find an answer to...
    i have bought a P&T and have the cocoon aswell as the lady told us that newborns HAVE to go inthe cocoon, but my question is, if ts a warm day, the cocoon is very thick and insulating, can baby just be strapped into the pram and not in the cocoon, as im worried that bub will overheat esp since our pram is black......

thanks in advance....

I never put either of my nbs in a cocoon. This is Brissy after all! They were just fine. I am quite sure the pram instructions don't say you have to, and they cerainly seemed safe enough without it to me.

cool i couldnt find it anywhere in the book, or on their website!! so not informative!!
    ta

We also never used a cocoon - DH wanted one, coz he liked the look of it, but i told him it would be a waste of money. We just put Emy in the pram in the flat position, and didn't strap her in unless we were going on very uneven ground - the incline at the foot is enough to keep her in when you are just wandering around the supermarket, that middle bit of the strap was nearly as big as her!

I have the cocoon but never put Julia in the cocoon then in the pram as she was born in Sept. She was fine in the pram without it. you can buy a head support or liner with head support to fit into the Phil & Ted when it is laid down flat if you are worried, have a look on the Phil & Ted website at the accessories.

thanks!!

Hi Lisa, sorry to say but I think that sales lady sucked you in to buying the cocoon. You dont need it at all. It's an accessory not a necessary part of the pram.

If you haven't used it & you dont think you will use it (if its too hot where you live) I suggest you take it back & while you're there tell the manager that the sales lady told you that you needed it, which in fact you dont, so they can give you a full refund on that item.

Good luck

Ps I hate it when sales people blatantly lie to get more money out of you!!! Makes me very angry!

Lisa

Do you think you will use the Cocoon? We used it til Julia was 4 months old when we went out to dinner and stuff it was great. If you cant take it back you could always put it on ebay maybe if you dont want it?

Ohh Danielle! - congrats BTW!!!

the thing is girls that i have throw out the box.....
    i am in melbourne so might get some use out of it... but in summer im not so sure