Thread: Phil and Teds Vibe

Default Phil and Teds Vibe

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has one and how they're finding it?

We're about to put a deposit down on one, but I thought I might just seek some first hand experience before we go ahead.

Thanks

Hi Juleswa,

I didn't want to just leave you hanging! I think because the Vibe is so new no one will have bought one to use straight away. They, like myself and yourself, are probably just waiting for the arrival of the little one to really use it!

I am still really happy with my decision to get one. I think if you do your research and check out all the different types of prams out there you will know which one is right for you. I love the Vibe because of the braking system which for me is a real safety concern as I live in a very hilly suburb with an extremely steep driveway (think having to walk down it backwards so you don't fall down on your bum). The other features with it are all great as well and some real improvements on the sport model. But you have to do what is right for you.

Thanks for making me feel loved Mummy Tummy, hee hee

you're probably right - it's too new for anyone to really have much experience with it.

Think we're going to go with it anyway - i like it and it suits what we're looking for.

hope you're feeling well and thanks again for replying

I think it is a funky looking pram! I have the Phil & Ted sport, but needed it when my DS was born, I knew there was a new one coming out but couldn't wait that long. Bummer, cause the number one thing I HATE about the sport is the brakes!!! They are really hard to put on and off. This is one of the improvements with the vibe I believe! Otherwise I love my P&T, couldn't live without it!!!! Happy Shopping!!!!

That is probably the thing to ask... how does everyone find their P&T Sport?

Then any issues that people raise, and I know the brake is usually the one that comes up, you can see if the new models have improved on this!

The Dash has the push down handle for the brake and the Vibe has the trigger button. Like I said in my earlier post I need a trigger happy pram!! I also like the fact that it can fold flat with the doubles kit on (future thinking!) and the hood flips both ways so you aim it in the right direction to suit your purpose (staring at your newborn, avoiding the sun, letting bubs see the world etc) I also thought it was good that the hood can be removed if you need too. There were a couple of other features that I thought were clever too but baby-brain is preventing me from thinking of them!

When I went and looked at the Vibe the sales people didn't like it as much as the Dash. But as they were trying to demonstrate to me the Vibe they kept finding all these things that were great new features. She ended up saying at the end of the demonstration that she liked the Vibe better now. It was all because they hadn't played with it all that much and of course with everything new they were finding it frustrating - especially the folding. I made them do it a few times and by the end they had it going up and down in a matter of seconds. So don't let sales people put you off it, it may be that they just haven't learnt the new pram yet.

I think if it feels right, then it is right! Go for it!

Bummer on not being able to wait Shellbelle. They did take their time coming out with the new models. But the sport is still a great pram and I was all set to get it until I heard there were new models coming out.

I have the VIBE.. i have had it for a couple months now.. LOVE IT>>>> and all the girls from mum group that have the sport are super dissapointed that their old pram doesnt have all the new things the vibe does.. I have a 17 month old son and expecting.. and its the best thing i have ever bought!!

I was never a phil and ted lover... and the old sport made with crapy material.. as the girls in mum grouop EACH have had to replace the liner.. which is a shame.. mine i cannot comlain!!!

Well done on choosing the phil and ted!

I thought I would add my 2 cents. We went in on Sat all ready to buy the Vibe but ended up with the Dash. I love the look of the Vibe but ended up deciding it was a bit too big for me. I also noticed that the back wheel base was wider than the Dash. The main reason (and this is purely cosmetic) is that the demo Vibe was really scratched from taking the toddler seat on and off - and that was only after having it on the floor for 1-2 months. I asked about this and they said that it was because it was matt stainless steel (whereas Quinny etc have shiny finish which doesn't show scratches as much). So after looking at a few things - and deciding I liked the brake action on the Dash more, we ordered it. We are on a waiting list and it is due in early July (they have sold out).