Thread: places to shop in melbourne

Default places to shop in melbourne

Hi

any ideas of where to go baby shopping in melbourne in the south east suburbs?

i plan on having a look at baby bunting, parenthood (bridge road) and the baby gallery (clayton). i know the choice in those places is probably more than sufficient, but can anyone recommend any other place that is worthwhile in terms of range/price?

Thanks!

Babyco is also a good one.

Not off the top of my head but there are heaps of factory outlets around - lookt up on interenet

paretnhood is great- a bit overpriced though.baby gallery is pretty cheap.

i would go online- there are heaps of funky babystores online too.

i LOVE parenthood! LOVE it!

I gor everything for my DD from Baby Gallery. It's soooo much cheaper than Baby Bunting and they were really helpful and have a really big range.

I did a lot of my shopping at Toys R Us. They have some fantastic specials on!!!!

Baby Co on Whitehorse Rd, Blackburn / Nunawading were having a sale on the weekend.

It is in the city, but if you are after toys etc there is the best teddy and toy shop in the Block Arcade on Collins Street. Great for telling family and friends about to get the bubba gifts

You can get a few things from the target & toy r us they have pretty good sales. The baby stores are so expensive... we bought most things from baby gallery as we stumbled in there when it was on sale. I won't be going back as we bought some stuff which was the wrong colour & they denied there was a problem.

Babyco has a factory outlet down wellington road rowville, maybe you can get something there

Baby Bunting has currently have a mid year sale - the catalogue is on their website.
    Last edited by Trillian; June 16th, 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: removing link

Don't forget the chain stores - they are way cheaper than the baby stores for pretty much the same thing (just different brands) - Target, Kmart & Big W are all good. We have bought all our nursery items from these stores and have saved ourselves a small fortune.

cant miss toys r us. their delivery fee is $20 per item and is delivered next business day! WOW! just got our cot and change table from toys r us & delivery $340! awesome!!! (the advertised special for the package was $359 its a cot that has 2 levels, turns into toddler bed, sofa... so its a steal! considering their other ones that do the same are $600-ish)

There is a small shop in Dandenong called hush-a-bye-baby. The man in there is so lovely. The shop doesnt look as flash as the baby gallery or the likes. But once we knew what we wanted we went there and he matched the best price we could find, plus an extra discount, and now he still gives us a discount on anything we buy.
    We ordered in what we wanted with no problems at all.