Thread: URGENT...I need advise for buying a 3 wheeler

Default URGENT...I need advise for buying a 3 wheeler

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a suitable 3 wheeler ( jogger) for my babyboy who will join us in second of May the price is also important to me. around 400 AUD is good . Any suggestion is highly appreciated. I'm totally confused cuz there r lots of brands in the market. I'm tossing up between swallow beema Q elite and Jeep liberty urban or any other good brands. plz help me

Last edited by Parisa; February 28th, 2008 at 04:08 PM.

Hi there Parisa, I have a three wheeler jogger (Steelcraft Swivelrite), it does the job, I didn't want to pay too much as this is my last bub. Things I wish it had were solid wheels that you don't need to pump up and a hood that doesn't make a clicking sound when you move it. Things I like are the fly net ,lots of storage and is fairly easy to fold/ unfold. it is a bit bulky for small cars. HTH.

Hi Parisa

We have just bought the swallow beema Q and matching basinette.

We liked it due to its reasonable price, and how it has the basinette accessory. When my little one comes along in July i know it will come in handy especially when transporting the bub from pram to car, or just around the house, and especially when we are staying away from home (the basinette that is, not the whole pram hehe); there is no need to take a portacot or anything like that. One thing that i will be doing is getting a little extra padding for the basinette as i will be using it for sleep time the first few months until bub is a bit bigger for the cot. Other than that we really like the look, and you get the booty cover included in the price, i know some other prams its an additonal price.

We got our Beema Q Elite for just under 500, and the basinette at the same time for i think 60. I know if you buy the basinette after you have purchased the pram its over $100. We also got the matching bag free.

Hope this helps, but we really like ours. Although we havn't actually used it yet!! But cant wait to do so!

Good Luck - its very confusing isn't it!!

oh i just remembered that the Beema Q was one of Choice winners in the 3 wheeler department.......i know a lot of 3 wheelers failed the choice safety tests.

Just thought i'd mention it. Out baby store had the choice tests & recommendations there to read etc

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

My daughter was born 6th May 2006 & we chose a BEEMA Q (with the funky orange piping) as it was one of the very few 3wheeler prams at the time recommended on the CHOICE website.

At the time it was $399 at Babyco & another $40 for the raincover.

... It was the perfect pram for a winter bub in the cold winter weather

She was warm like a butterfly in her cocoon

We loved it , my only criticism was DP & I felt it was a bit too long in the entire length of the pram (nearly ran down a few people coming around a shop aisle).

... BUT the width was not as wide as a few friends we know that had other brand 3wheelers (I think that would be more of a prob, especially in shops & public transport, such as buses).

***When our daughter was older in the Summer we got a Valcro Stroller (halequinn pattern) including 80% UV mesh cover for $169 from Babyco & the rain cover I think was extra ??. (We no longer needed the BEEMA Q PRAM). An absolutely FANTASTIC stroller. We have used it to death (Summer with the mesh cover & Winter with the raincover, keeps out wind too) & it is still in brilliant condition & working order. So, we sold our BEEMA Q PRAM PLUS RAINCOVER on eBay for $180 in immacuate & beautiful condition.

... Maybe you could buy one off eBay ?? Maybe ask the Seller if you could check it out 1st before bidding !!
    Last edited by smiles4u; February 28th, 2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added a bit : )

I have a Phil & Ted which is great. However is more expensive than $400, some places have it for $549 on special sometimes.

Just make sure the jogger you get fits into the boot of your car, we had big issues in this aspect. The Phil & Ted is smaller in length than the Beema Q so we got that.

Not sure how old the choice reports are now, however the issues that the Phil & Ted had in the old Choice reports that had an issue with the Phil & Ted when we bought it 2 years ago are all now fixed and no longer valid in that choice report that was out at that time apparently.

Hi I have the Beema Q and absolutely love it. I have only had to pump up the tyres once and that was when we were putting it together. I bought the pram liner and toys too and DS loves it. He is more than happy lying in it or sitting up slightly so he can look around hahaha. Anyway good luck with your decision and all the best for bubs arrival

Hi, I have the Phil & Teds Sport & absolutely love it. It is a bit more expensive though.

I must say though that I have heard nothing but GOOD things about the Beema Q, when I was looking for a 3 wheeler I even stopped other mothers around the mall to ask what they honestly thought of their choice in 3 wheelers & the one who looked most genuine when saying how much she loved it was the lady who owned the Beema Q. I was very close to getting one but then fell in love with the P&T & when the P&T went on special I just had to grab it.

I thought I'd just share that with you because my second choice after the P&T for a 3 wheeler would definately be a Bemma Q.

Good luck

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I got the Jeep Liberty, i havent used it yet, but i absolutely love it, especially the way it folds up and down easily, and how it looks, i like how easy it is to steer. I got it pretty much spot on 400.

Default Thank u all

I'm more than happy receiving your good advices. I think I will go for swallow beema, just one more question! does anybody know it's current price ? and is it available just in babyco? wish u all the best and thanx again
    Last edited by Parisa; February 28th, 2008 at 11:30 PM.

as far as I know it's available at babyco. I dont know its price sorry but I would guess around $400 maybe a little under?

If you are planning on having more children the phil & teds is the best pram. i have seen them on sale for around $500 but people are always selling near new ones on ebay. Having 3 children I have been through 20 million prams and wasted alot of money. This pram would have done me through the lot.

I have a P&Ts and absolutely LOVE it. One of the best buys I got for it was the "cocoon" which I still put Pip into, at at 10mths! Keeps him toasty warm which is great. Also easy to take out and carry the bub around in.

I can jog with it for short distances, it folds up easily, cleans easily, is very stylish ... can't fault it. I also bought the toddler seat at the same time.

With the beema Q, if you're planning more than 1 bub, then the only option is to have a thingy for a toddler to stand on, in between your legs as you walk. As opposed to having the toddler sitting and the bub lying down.

Also check out the classifieds here at BB, there are some prams there for sale that may interest you.

Yes definately have a look on Ebay, I saw a Phil & Teds Sport (new model) with a toddler seat go for under $400 & it was only a year old!

I love my P&T, I have the sports model & also bought the toddler seat which comes in handy even before number 2 arrives to hold extra shopping etc, it's fantastic!