Thread: 13dpo which HPT?

Aussie_Chik Guest

Default 13dpo which HPT?

Hi All

I'm venturing out to buy a HPT this afternoon and would like some suggestions as to most accurate. I plan on testing tomorrow with FMU - so will be 13-14dpo.

hey aus! any of them should be fine. But if you want to spend an extra dollar or two, buy one that says test early. it allows for a lower level of hcg to be detected! good luck babe!

Aussie_Chik Guest

Thanks Danni

I've heard a few members talk about false positives and evap lines and have read where some peoplpe wouldn't touch certain ones - but of course can't remember which ones

Anyone out there know which ones to avoid?

Sorry, can't help with recommendations, just wanted to wish you goodluck. Hope it's a BFP

Nic

aus: unfortunately i think most of them have had bad experiences with fake positives etc. the only real way to know is to have a blood test to find out.

good luck!

I really like discover one step and crystal clear +/-
    Good Luck!!!!

Hi Aus,

If you are going to buy one from the chemist go with Crystal Clear (before I started my business I used CC and never received a false positive). If you are going to the supermarket then you could try the fortel 10miu because of its sensitivity but i can't comment on their quality as i have never used the Fortel 10miu.

Good luck!!

Fortel is pretty crap - lots of false positives for me and others on here

Aussie_Chik Guest

Well I used Fortel Ultra and got a BFN. Not too disappointed though as I didn'texpect to fall this month. Going to the FS on Monday anyway, but i hope I get AF before then as it would be great timing to start at the beginning of my cycle.

Aussie_Chik Guest

Thanks Emma

I haven't heard of Quick Card, but am off to buy some more HPT's today as I'm now 15dpo so I'll see if it's around. Haven't seen it at the supermarket, maybe at the pharmacy.

quick card is not available here

Hi Aussie, any news? We could be Belly Buddies together.

I saw Quick Card in the chemist yesterday and the only reason I DIDNT get it was because it was so cheap! The woman working there actually told me they are meant to be very good, AFTER I spent double the price on Pregnosis Clear, which gave me a dark like at 13 & 14DPO. I also got a faint but visible line using Fortel Ultra at 12DPO, then a much darker line 13DPO. Oh AND I have also used 2 Confirm's which gave me faint but not too faint lines at 12 and 13DPO. I am amazed how dark they are considering it is still early. And they seem to be getting so much darker each day.

Any news yet with your testing?

I found that the pregnow strips, gave rather faint lines compared to the forel ultra early midstream, and they have also faded, whereas the fortel is as dark as when I did it.
    Good luck Aussie, we are all anxious to hear how you go!!

Aussie_Chik Guest

Congrats Jessica - thanks for your helpful info.

Haven't tested again yet am holding out til tomorrow morning. Got a feeling I'm not - in which case I wish AF would arrive and end my time in limbo.

Aussie_Chik Guest

16dpo and another BFN

Cycle day 40 now. Initially we had decided not to "try" this month and I felt like I had gained some control back and would be fine to see AF arrive - I was really happy with this decision. My cycles have been a bit erratic 34, 35, 29 - but never anything like this. How cruel that the cycle I am expecting AF to show she takes her time and gives me hope again only to get BFN's.

Perhaps this is a life lesson for me that I cannot control these things????

Anyway, as I have previously mentioned I am off to FS on Monday so i know I'll get some answers about what's going on this next cycle - should it ever start. I just hate thinking there's something wrong with my body.

Part of me just wants to throw the towel in and say "hey I've got one beautiful boy, who lights up my world....surely that's enough" and forget the constant thoughts of TTC but then I just can't seem to give up the dream of having more.

I'm so sorry about the BFN hun, hopefully you will get some answers on Monday, make sure you let us know how you go