Thread: Can Anyone Help, or suggest ?

Lightbulb Can Anyone Help, or suggest ?

Ok, so i will give some background first so that you guys can try and help any way you can!!

Ok, had our son 30th of June 2007, started pill 4 weeks later. Have been taking the pill ever since non stop and for once without any issues (all my life i havent been able to use any form of contraception, except the condom.)

As per normal, started my withdrawl bleed on the 25th May '08. It went for the normal 4-5 days, come when i should be starting the pill again i find im all out but for whatever reason cant find my prescrption either. Was very ill and just could not get myself off to the doc's for a new prescription so being by the time i got off to the dr it was too late to start it for that month, we just avoided DTD. BUT, on the 1st of june we were KID FREE thanks to nanny and well.... yep we DTD BUT we used a condom, as we just arent ready to TTC #3 (#1 is 3 years and #2 has just turned 1) BUT... at the end something didnt feel right, and yep.... the condom had not only broken, it had completely come apart. I mean like totally... to the point i spent the next however long trying to find the tip end to make sure it wasnt still in me hahahahahaha (hope your laughing at this visual cause god knows thinking back id love to have been a fly on the wall ) Anyhow, so this sent DF and i into panic mode as doing a quick count i wasnt far off ovulating, and with our experience, he just needs to think about it and i fall pregnant so we decided we would go and get the emergency pill. Thing is the next day was a public holiday so i had to wait until tuesday but that was still JUST within the time frame so figured itd be ok. Went to dr on tuesday morning, she did her maths and said oh crap yes.... right in the fertile stage and then she said oh it EC is over the counter now HAH i said what??? man!! anyways so went off, got it... took it... then the other one 12 hrs later.... Now i was told i should get a bleed about 5 days after i take the pills... so i wait and wait, nothing. Not a bleed at all!!! Now i did some research and apparently when you take the EC after 12 hours your percentage of it working is 50%.

Anyhow, on the 22nd of June i started bleeding, and it was very thin and heavy.... no pain (normally mine are VERY painful and thick), the bleed went all of sunday, on monday was just a light bleed, by tuesday was totally gone.

Now im nauseas day and night (both my kids did this too me from day dot), i keep getting twinges like what youd get before AF, and feel so bloated, boobs are tender, definately moody, and im weeing an exceptional amount which isnt like me. Im also sleeping alot more than normal....

So, anyhow, did a test on the thursday before i got the bleed so the 19th thinking i should got my period then, (actually did 2 pregnosis) both negative. Then got the bleed so thought ok, so the EC has worked.... and to my surprise i was actually dissapointed which was and is weird for me.

Anyhow, due to the symptoms continuing and the fact the bleed was over within 1.5 days i got suss. Did a test 3 days ago, was negative (forelife).... i just did another one and yep.... its negative and if a forelife as well. So, tell me... am i going insane????

I 'FEEL' pregnant.... i mean my daughter tonight came up to me for a kiss, she had just been eating chicken chips and the smell of her breath nearly made me hurl, i screamed at her to go brush her teeth!! 1. that smell doesnt normally affect me 2. i dont normally just scream at her for no reason IF at all..

Thoughts???? experience's????

Thanks In Advance gals

Just wanted to add, i just did a preg calculator, it reckons i would be 6 weeks exactly today so wouldnt it show in a HPT by now if i was?????

*scratch's head*

We had a situation similar to this when DH and I were finishing yr 12 and yes decided that no not a good time for a baby asd got EC as well. Went through the EXACT same thing with no bleed then light bleed and lots of symptoms. Turns out it is quite normal for the EC to throw your hormones completely out of wack which is why you end up feeling so wishy washy

Hi Saram,

Thanks... so your thinking its just my hormones totally out of whack?

hmmm..

You know whats CRAZY?! that makes me feel and dissapointed..... how silly of me is that... i mean our kids are 3 and 1... im nuts for even thinking about wanting another one! HRMH

Nothing nuts about that, i felt the same thing then and when we thought we were pg when DD was 12wks old. Especially when you have kids and you know how precious pregnancy is and you work your way through it so you figure out ways to cope IF it happens and start getting excited...

Hope you get some answers that give you peace soon! If you're anything like me you won't give up hope that 'maybe' until the red lady sings :-(

Hi

Just wanted to post to see how you are going, I have a similar situation to you at the moment, (I have been feeling pregnant for about 4 weeks now) and it drives me nuts, I went to the doctor a week ago for blood tests and he said my hormones were all over the place (tests ruled out pregnancy), he belives thrown out by my recent miscarriages, if things don't improve for you you could always go to the docs and explain your problem and see what they can suggest.

Take care

Islah