Thread: Does a Faint line means +OPK is on its way?

Default Does a Faint line means +OPK is on its way?

Ok just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.
    I have used an opk for the last 4 days, the first 3 days there was clearly no 2nd line therfore meaning i am not ovulating.
    today i got a 2nd faint line, not as strong as the first ine so although i know this means i have still not ovulated do you know if this means it could be on its way?

i am already on CD 18, FF detected i O on day 14 until i entered todays temp and it has now changed to O not detected.
    Thanks

The lines get darker closer to O then get feint again.
    The test line should be darker then the control line but that doesn't always seem to be the case.
    If you are still using them and the line is getting feinter I'd be inclined to think that O has happened.

Yeah i agree with Sammi j i would say you havnt oed yet and ff are right and you should get a darker line in the next day or so good luck..

poppet Guest

I tested from CD10 - CD19. all i was getting was faint OPK, nothing stronger. Then CD24 i tested and the line was darker than control line, i defn got O pains around that time too......im now 6 DPO.

Keepingn in mind AF may take a while to get 'back to normal' so soon after birth of your bub......

Good Luck

Good luck - I never got anything more than a faint second line on my OPKs and took that to mean i was ovulating as the rest of the month there was absoultely no second line at all.

I think you should still BD when you see a second line (faint or dark) just in case you are like me.
    HTH T.

Thanks guys.
    well i just did another opk now and the 2nd line came up dark straight away. so i guess O is on its way! my temp dropped down to 35.8 thismorning also.

anyway we prob wont DTD again as i didnt really want to fall pg this month but considering we DTD New years morning there could be a slight chance.
    i also want to ttc for a girl this time which i have been reading to stop DTD days before O then each month conception doesnt happen to creep it one day closer.

poppet Guest

Well congrats on getting your +opk anyway. Its always nice to see the surge. Its a close second to getting a +ve HPT - LOL
    Last edited by poppet; January 3rd, 2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: punctuation

I'm having a bit of a confusing time with my OPK as well this cycle:
    Last cycle I used Fortel Ultra OPK and got a clear surge.
    This cycle I am using the LC online OPK's which I believe are more sensitive. I have been getting faint lines all cycle so far and it's now gotten a bit darker (not positive, though). Should I take this as a +OPK?
    The reason for my confusion is that I'm having all the other O signs (higher cervix, EWCM, even slight O pains, so it's not making sense to me)
    Last edited by Doza; January 3rd, 2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: needed more information

poppet Guest

i would take it as a +ve......tis easy to miss the strong LH surge each cycle.If you have all the symptoms of O.....