Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evap or BFP???

I'd recommend you head off to the doc for a blood test. You will find that most doctors are happy to help with an early blood test when you have suffered other losses. That way you will get a proper answer rather than trying to interpret lines. With my pregnancies I had them done at a bulk billing clinic and it cost nothing - far cheaper than all the money I was spending on pregnancy tests that just gave me more questions.

If it turns out you aren't pregnant I can highly recommend the Lullaby conceptions ones. I never got false positives on them.

I found that when I got very pale positives that didn't get darker I would have an early miscarriage - the first blood test would say pregnant but with lowish HCG then the next would show a drop, whereas with this pregnancy I got a pale positive at 10DPO and a darker one at 11DPO then I went straight off to the doc for confirmation to put my mind at ease after my losses and got such a high HCG level that he suggested it could be twins!!! Turns out it's just one little boy in there though.

Good luck.

Hi Satya, thanks for your information.

I did a Confirm preg test this morning with FMU and got a faint 2nd line but it's definitely there. I just hope they continue to darken. Im 11 DPO so fingers x'd everything will work out fine. I think I will go the dr in a day or two.

Ooh the lines are still there!!!!

I'm thinking about uncrossing a few things though, I don't think you will need it - Hooray!

Yay!!
    I think it's a bfp!!
    Congrats!

Thanks everyone. Im actually starting to believe it might be a BFP too. But coz I have had miscarriages in the past (both at 12 wks), I've got a long way to go before I can get really excited. I just hope that if I am preg that this one sticks!!! I cant help but be excited though

I am wishing you such good luck Leigh!!

I had two easy completely normal pregs and think I took them for granted - then had 2 m/c which of course shocked me and realise I wasn't 21 anymore - and now this pregnancy is so precious and each day I have to pinch myself that I am pregnant again and what a blessing it is.

Sounds like a BFp to me - but please do confirm with us when you find out - I love hearing all the good news stories.

Thanks Sami, I will definitely let everyone know when I find out for sure. I know what you mean by taking pregnancies for granted. With DD I took hers for granted, then DH and I have been ttc for 22 months with 2 miscarriages. I was beginning to think that I would never fall pregnant and that I should've enjoyed my pregnancy with her more.

Well you have been very patient, and it is your time then. It is really worth waiting for, no matter how frustrating it can seem at times.

I like to think that because my 2 m/c angels weren't planned, that is why they had to go, but this one definitely is and he is gunna stick stick stick. (For some reason I think I am having a boy??)

My fingers are x'd that your little bean sticks for you Sami. Im becoming obsessed with pregnancy tests. Of course I just needed to go to the toilet so I poas again. 2 tests. 1 was an Assurance Plus and it was neg and the other was another Confirm, it had a faint positive again. All these mixed results are doing my head in. Surely with all the Pregnow really faint positives and the 2 really faint positives on the Confirm must mean Im preg. Im reading the results in the correct time frame. Surely they all cant be evaporation lines.

Ok, now Im really confused!!! I just went to the toilet and I had some brown spotting. So I guess this maybe means AF is on her way??? If so why the positive pregnancy tests? I knew it was too good to be true. I never thought getting pregnant would be so hard and frustrating.

Implantation bleeding??

I'm not sure what it looks like though - maybe do a search, I'ts been discussed here before somewhere.

Does hcg show in your system before implantation bleeding? Im trying to remain positive.

I'll do a search now.

I personally have never had implantation bleeding, but loads of other ladies have. You are 11dpo from memory - so entirely possible that is what it is.

Do you normally spot before AF - I don't do that either but again some people do ...

maybe I am the weird one LOL

I think with all the tests and different brands, either get a Blood test, or try and wait until 13dpo and test again.

But I still think it sounds like you are UTD - fingers crossed for you and good luck

Hi Sami,

No I never spot b4 AF arrives, the only reason I dont think it is an implantation bleed is because I didnt think a pregnancy test would pick up hcg before a implantation, I could be wrong though. I've made myself promise not to test until 13 DPO (which will be Saturday). It's going to kill me not to test tomorrow and hopefully I wont break my promise. I'll be trying to keep myself busy. With a bit of luck the spotting will spot. If Im still getting the positive tests over the weekend then I'll make a dr appointment for Monday. Im praying Ive got a healthy, little sticky bean inside of me!!! But I always have the worst luck and so many people tell me so, thats why I reckon AF will rear her ugly head.

Leigh if you have always had the worst luck it is time for it to change!!!!

I dunno about bleed, sometimes it absorbs in uterus - so may be yours just took a couple of days to come out - hence brown spotting (old blood) and by then eggie has burrowed in and already started to produce hcg.

I will definitely pop in tomorrow and see how you go.

Cuddles and good luck - try and stay busy today

Well when I woke up I managed not to do any tests but the spotting is still here. So I still think AF is definitely on her way. With all the positive tests Ive done and on different brands Im thinking it may have been a chemical pregnancy??? If AF does arrive Im trying to remain positive and be happy that at least I actually fell pregnant - I was starting to think I'd never fall pregnant again. Hopefully I will have happier news next month. I'll do another preg test with FMU tomorrow morning and see how I go just in case (that's if I can hold off testing today).

good luck for testing tomorrow

Leigh I hear you on being a worrier!!!! Fingers crossed for your long awaited sticky BFP!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast