Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evap or BFP???

Thanks Blackduckies but I think the spotting is getting worse so I really dont think my bfp will last

Well my spotting has turned into bleeding so it looks like im back to the drawing board. Fingers crossed I have some better luck next month and get my BFP and a bub that will stick!!!

Sorry to hear its not being an easy ride for you! Heres hoping you get a BPF that is a sticky one REALLY soon!

Thinking of you!

Leigh - i went thru this on my 2nd cycle ttc... (after my early m.c in nov) i then had pregnow tests and they showed BFP's on 3 of them!! Turns out they were false BFPs it was very upsetting... I WOULD NEVER use that brand ever ever again......
    stick to reputable brands... the lullaby conception hpt's are pretty good. you can buy them from their website lots of girls on here use them. (sensitive ones that measure 10miu) or 20miu also...

All the best this cycle.

CindyB and Renstar, thank you so much for your support and info!!!

Im trying to feel ok about the whole situation. I just keep thinking I would rather have a chemical preg then to go on and miscarry later on. I keep focusing on the fact that at least I fell pregnant, that's something positive. No one knew (except DH) that I was getting positive pregnancy tests and Im glad I decided not to tell anyone. I've actually told all my friends that we have stopped TTC for a while (even though we havent). Because we've been TTC for 22 months now and DD is almost 3 Im getting kind of sick of friends who keep asking when we're having another baby and that we'd better hurry up etc. It's easier just to say we're not trying then to answer all their questions. Im lucky you bellybelly ladies are so supportive - thank you!!!

I was just wondering if any of you think I need to see a dr after having a chemical pregnancy? My bloodgroup is Rhesus Negative (A-) and usually after I have a miscarriage they give me an antiD injection. Do you think I would need to have an antiD injection now?

Leigh, I had a chemical pregnancy / early miscarriage in November and I have A- blood type, i've never heard of needing an injection before?? we have just kept on ttc

Renstar, because you're A- also when you fall pregnant they will give you an antiD injection I think around 28 wks preg and again at 32 wks I think. This is to try and prevent your body from building antibodies. Sometimes when a mother has a neg blood type and the baby inside has a positive blood type the mothers body can make antibodies to try and fight off the baby inside, usually this happens if the mothers and baby's blood mixes. If your partner has a neg blood type as well this wont be a problem coz the baby's blood type will definitely be negative. But if your partner is positive (like my DH) there is a chance the baby will have a positive blood type too and the mothers body thinks its a foreign object. One you give birth they will also give an antiD injection and then do a bloodtest to make sure no antibodies have built up so it's safe to fall pregnant again. They also give these injections when you have a miscarriage. Hope all this info isnt too confusing. I don't know that much about it myself.

really? how come noone has told me this?!?

Is this information for anyone with a negative blood type? Whether it be A - or B -? Not just A- 's?

thank you, i'll keep this info and when i fall pregnant i'll ask my Doc first up!! is it anything to worry about??
    does that mean i could have trouble falling pregnant cos' i never had the antiD shot? crikey!

Yes it's for anybody with a neg blood group. Some of the other girls on here have now told me that with chemical pregnancies we dont need the injection coz it was too early so you should be fine. But when you do fall pregnant just mention to your dr that you are A- and he'll probably tell you about the injections you'll have later in the pregnancy. Do you know what bloodtype your partner is? Like I said before if he is a neg as well you wont need the injections. We didnt know what my DH blood group was when I was pregnant with DD but it turns out he must be positive coz her bloodtype is A+.

Lets just hope we get a BFP very soon and have healthy little bubs!!!

Sounds promising! I also had VERY faint results with my son, and was pregnant... I did about 5 tests also, but made sure that I used more than one brand so it couldn't have been a mistake!

Good luck! for a postitive test and H & H 9 months... (I am testing tomorrow) fingers crossed for us both !!

Thanks Leigh - i hope its our turn for BFP very soon!!! GL to you!!!

thank you for that info, i will go and google it! DH has no idea what blood type he is... when i fall pregnant i'll get him to get a test done so we know anyway.

It's only if you are a neg type I think. It never used to be like this, they seem to change how they handle things as the years go on.

I didn't get it done for my first two, got it for the third - can't even remember why...

Leigh sorry it is still a horrible feeling, my last 3 MC's were all around 5 weeks same reason and it is a bit distressing, I decided not to count the last one and I actually felt a lot better, I have put mine down to age and the eggs being a bit doodgey. Maybe it is worth trying to get in to see a FS and get checked out 22 months is a long time!!!! Good luck hun.

Blackduckies - I saw my GP last week (before I was getting pos preg tests), who sent me for day 21 bloodtests, the results came back fine, he now wants to do a sperm annalysis on DH, so we'll do that this week (just in case he does have a low sperm count or something). With DD I had to have an emergancy ceasar and have been told in ultrasounds from the last baby I m/c that I have a hell of a lot of scar tissue inside me which can make it harder for me to fall pregnant. My GP said that if im not pregnant in 6 - 12 months he will send me to an FS to get checked out. No one seems to really panic because Im 26 (turning 27 soon) but I find it very frustrating and 22 months of trying for baby number 2 is a very long time. I dont really want to have to go through another 6 - 12 months of disappointment each month. Im thinking of going back to my GP on Mon or Tue and telling him about my chemical pregnancy, that way he may get the ball rolling sooner with a bit of luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123