Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fake +!!!

Deb - I completely understand what you mean about it not sounding real, When I told Rick last night about it he was like whats a chemical pg? is that when they cant find a reason for it not working out? its a bit harsh dont you think! Which i completely agree with, why would you (as a Dr) make someone feel like their pg wasnt real? Its so wrong.
    But sadly it will still exist no matter how much we hate the terminology! Sucks hey?

Goldi - Rick is a great support too (most times) LOL Im glad you have someone who you can trust and reveal everything.
    LOL @ 6 HPT's - im sure one day i'll find one that works for me, but im determined only that a bt will give me the correct result! after what had happened i dont 100% trust any HPT's anymore iykwim.

Naomi LOL,
    I don't trust them any more either!
    Let's hope we both have that BFP really really soon.

mel79 Guest

Dear Naomi

I am so sorry you got a false+ve

I know exactly what you are talking about in April i had the exact same thing with a Pregnosis test AF was 5 days late and i got a +ve then i went and had a blood test and that was negitive finally AF turned up 11 days late and usually 29days every month now i am back to 29days again do i dont have much faith in that brand either i used that brand for my first baby and it was correct that time so that was why i brought it. I didnt post anything as i felt really stupid after the doc rang and saying no your not preg i even showed my husband and he could see 2 lines to and they came up at like 1 min so i dont know what went on oh well betta go
    TTC i hope you get a REAL BFP soon and for me to !!

Don't you feel sill Mel. I feel really angry when I read about this happening. Pregnosis is a shocker for it.

I hope you get a bFP really soon. Try using Crystal Clear, I haven't heard anything negative about them - I am sure someone will correct me if there are some bad stories but I haven't heard any.

I am really sorry this happened to you....

Yeah i felt completely stupid too, having the Dr say your not pg and i was like huh! I still have the hpt and it still show +, which is like 8 days since i tested! (well actually i just threw it out yesterday!Mine too came up within like 30sec - 1min and Rick could see it bright as day!
    Im glad it happened to someone else with that brand iykwim, i dont feel like im making it up or it was just my test that buggered up iykwim
    Too confusing for my sake! Dont feel stupid, it does happen and what were we supposed to do/feel? we have a test telling us we are pg and then having the Dr's tell us we arnt!
    Wishing us all BFP (real ones LOL) in the real near future!

mel79 Guest

hi again i was glad to see what you had written so i know i am not the only one so good luck again
    Next time will buy another brand may try Crystal Clear like Flowerchild said thatnk you for that buy the wat there are so many tests its hard to know which one to get

Yes there are lots of tests but many of them are manufactured by the same companies. Discover and Precise are the same brand and I have a feeling pregnosis is also... Not completely sure about pregnosis but I have a hunch. If you go into the pharmacy - pick a large pharmacy and have a look on the boxes and compare manufacturers. I only found out that Discover and Precise are the same brand as I got a disappearing positive with Discover and phoned the phone number on the box. They gave me their speel and said they would give a full refund (which they did). Then I went to the grocery store and purchased Precise and that did the same. I phoned the company and spoke to the same woman (WHAT THE?????) So, just be aware of that. I must say I have used Clearblue with my other babies and that was great. I don't recall seeing anything negative about them either.
    There is a thread here in bB about my experience. I don't know how to do the link thing, sorry! One of the tests stayed positve for over a week.

HI everyone,
    I have made an error in my posts. The test I used last year was First Response and Discover. I do believe however that the tests you mentioned may in fact be related! I went back to search for my post. It is in this section of BB and it is entitled First Response/ Discover ? disappearing positives. The date was 20/12/2005.I am sorry for the confusion.

LOL thats ok Deb we will forgive you!
    Im pretty sure it wouldnt have mattered if they wernt related, for me just knowing it has happened to others made me feel normal again, and that atrue + comes from a BT not matter what a hpt says of any brand!

I know Butterfly Warrior has had a flase +ve too, it's just another reason I don't want to do HPTs any more! Even last month when I was over a week late I was a bit reticent to do one, but figured if I were going to go to the GP about it I'd need to.

Big hugs to you, Naomi, and I just wish that your BFP was in fact a psychic BFP and was just a month out for you. Best of luck for this cycle!

Thankyou Ryn, im hoping it was a month or 2 off too!! LOL
    It gets pretty bad doesnt it, if it comes down to using or not using hpt! I dont even think i would believe the next one i get, i'll be holding off about going to the Dr's and then become a POAS addict on different brands (figure cant get that many fake + with different brands all at once!! LMAO) then depending on how many are + and how many are - will determine me going to the Dr, dont want to feeli like a git again, being told congratulations by my Dr to find out im not pg! (might use a different Dr!)

mel79 Guest

Hi Naomi
    Goodluck for this month
    I thought about going to a different doc as well but he is my daughters doc as well so i cant avoid him altogeather but will wait and see how i feel if at the end of the month and if AF stays away
    mel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12