Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferning

Amanda Mason Guest

Default Ferning

Anyone know a good site that talks about ferning. Ive decided to give Maybe Baby another go, as well as FF and OPK's. Any suggestions, advice??

Maybe Google "ferning" I am sure you will find a lot of sights on Maybe Baby and ferning.

Good luck.

getinmybelly!! Guest

Try the maybebaby australian site...

getinmybelly

ness Guest

Hi Amanda,
    Best of luck with your ferning. I am using one at the moment, but it is a different brand. My friend (the one having twins) fell preggers using it the first time and she had been trying for 11 months. I know of a couple of people who have had good success with it. Just make sure that the saliva is totally dry and don't put on too much or it can take forever the see the dots or ferns.

I fell pregnant the first time I used it but unfortunately that moment of joy didn't last too long. I used it properly this time and I have less than a week left of the TTW, so I can let you know then.

Fingers crossed for you

Hey Ness.

Just out of curiosity which brand did you try?

Mel

Amanda Mason Guest

Mel,

Ive got the Maybe Baby, is there another brand that you use ?

ness Guest

It is called Lady Free Biotester, the brochure has a fax number 9727 3522 or phone 03 9727 3440. Not sure how old the numbers are though. I think it originally came from the US.

Hope that helps.

Amanda Mason Guest

Ness,

How much luck have you had with the saliva test ?? Ive been using it for a month, and honestly it all looks the same.... I have no idea when im supposed to O next and have been using OPK's everyday in case I miss my opportunity, is that terribly sad or what!

ness Guest

Hi Amanda,
    I still don't know what luck this cycle will bring with the Ladyfree (like the Maybe Baby) but I could definately see ferns around the time I was meant to be O'ing. They actually look like little ferns when they dry, otherwise they look like dots, kind of like cells. At first I didn't think it was working for me either then I finally saw the ferns.

Make sure you do a test first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything. But, having said that I would have a tiny sip of water so everything wasn't all squished together. LOL, aren't we lucky, spitting on things in the morning, checking CM during the day.

I used the OPK's too, but once I went through a whole packet with nothing but faint lines. I gave up on that, otherwise I'd be spending a fortune.

A health nurse who works at the school I am at told me that you usually O about 14 days before your cycle is going to start. Depending on your cycle that should give you a rough idea. The ferns are meant to show up about 3 or 4 days before and stay about 1 or 2 days after O. Try searching the net for the ladyfree biotester as I found a little info about it when I frist started using it.

Best of luck and let me know how the ferning goes. Just make sure you let it dry completely, sometimes I would even leave mine dry for an hour.

Take care and fingers crossed for you

Can someone tell me, with the Maybe Baby thing, is it basically just a mini microscope? Is there any reason I couldn't use a normal microscope to look at it?

I've often wondered that too FionaJill. Does anybody know the answer to that one?

I've only been using Maybe Baby for the last month and unfortunately didn't see any ferns at all #-o :mad: I was positive I ovulated that month though due to the change in my CM.....i'm hoping this month I get ferns!!!

ness Guest

FionaJill and Inspiration, I am sure I read that someone used a microscope, I assume it would do the same thing provided you let it dry.

Well if there isn't actually an active ingredient mixed with your saliva or something like that with maybe baby, then a normal microscope would work just fine, probably even better really as it would be of better quality then the maybe baby thing for sure..

I might grab a few slides from work and spit on them and see.

Quote Originally Posted by FionaJill
    I might grab a few slides from work and spit on them and see.
    if you didn't know this was a pregnancy forum...that comment would stump a few people..lol

LOL Yes I can see what you mean! hehehe

Overheard in the local footy clubs locker room

"Yeah mate, I'm just gonna grab a few slides from work n spit on em!"

\/

PMSL. You girls are priceless!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast