Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferning

He hee hee you guys crack me up!!
    :lovebb:

hi there,
    i noticed this thread and thought I would reply. I have just bought the maybe baby product yesterday! my hubby and I have been trying for number 2 bub for only 2-3 months and I have been told by other successful preggo girls that this is the thing to use.

I did a test this morning just to get use to it....left it for about 20-30 mins and then looked at it...dots came up fine so later on I hope to see those ferns !!

What did you girls pay for the product? I bought mine at a discount chemist for $66.

Well just to make it even more interesting, I was talking to a friend lastnight about the whole Ferning thing. I asked her how it actually works (she is a midwife). She started telling me that you use a swab thats taken from the Vagina. But then corrected her self saying thats how it use to be done.

Now picture the comment " I might grab a few slides from work and spit on em and see"

LMAO!!!

Default Ferning problems

I need to know if this has happenned to other people.... I have been using the Maybe Baby and got plenty of 'dots' after my period and then got some fern like patterns but not heaps....this only lasted one day and then when I did it the next day I got dots again....it was about day 13/14 of my always regular cycle and we did do some 'baby dancing'

BUT I expected to see more ferns and for longer too.... I also did a urine ovulation test and only got a faint line and a test line...

What do you think? Do I not produce enough estrogen?

hi again...still wondering about why I am getting mixed results on the maybebaby...

just read another post and one lady said you should not drink anything for at least 3 hours beforehand....well, I do the saliva test first thing in the morning, but I ALWAYS seem to wake up about 5am or so and have a drink, go back to sleep and then do the test about 6:30am... could this be affecting it?

I always have water by my bedside and sip it a couple of times during the night...

could also explain the faint line on the urine ovulation test? oh, I don't know........I just want to get pregnant!!

Hi Runnermum,

I believe that having a drink will give you mixed results, how much so I don't know.....

But just wanted to say goodluck with TTC.

thanks fiona... for the support...

Right now I am going without anything to eat or drink for 2 hours so I can do a test....I think I am past my fertile period this month, but I just want to see what happens..

well, hubby and I did all we could this month, so again, it is waiting time...

sometimes I wonder how we ever concieved our first gorgeous child...

Geniebean Guest

I always have those damn pebbles and never any ferns. Last month I only had partial ferns. So I emailed the lady from Maybe Baby and she said it's probably b/c you're not licking it when you first get up every morning to which I replied I am and then she said "well some women have low oestrogen levels but it's worked for many women" - grrrr.

These are the sites I read up on it all with:

www.maybeit.com/
    www.maybebaby.com.au/
    http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/microscope.htm
    http://thefertilityshop.com/saliva-o...-predictor.htm

thank you moshimoshi....

Having a look at the links you sent, i think that drinking water in the two hours before I did the test is what may of caused me to get little or no ferns!! I hope so anyway...

thanks so much for the links and what you have experienced

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12