Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortel Ultra HPT - Unreliable and false positives

Carys Guest

Default Fortel Ultra HPT - Unreliable and false positives

I thought i should share what happened during my last cycle. I was 9dpo and couldnt hold out so used a fortel ultra hpt, got a feint line, thought ok, well i'll do it again tomorrow to confirm, anyway did the second test the next day 10dpo, got a darker feint line than the day before. Thought, well since this ttc has been going on for a year and a half now and FS said to get a blood test if i get a positive, i went to the gp on 11dpo, had a blood test..... and guess what..... not a drop of hcg in my blood, so negative I couldnt have been less pregnant!!!!.... thought ok, well i had bought two boxes of the useless fortel ultras, so the next day 12dpo i did one for the heck of it, and you guessed it, another positive.... So be warned everyone, before you waste your money on a test that is clearly useless. Resist this early hpt as it will only cause anxiety and false hopes, use a different brand.

Carys.

My GP wouldnt' do a blood test, and didn't want to know about me until I was 2 weeks late. LOL. She said the levels are too low until then to be sure.

Oh Carys, what a horrible experience for you!

WTF? That is terrible.......... How could it have come up positive that many times????

Hi Carys, I'd like to add that this test kept giving me negatives, when the Lullaby Conceptions 20 mius were showing positives. So I would second what Carys said about chosing another brand!

morganj Guest

I got a negative on this hpt this moring on 13DPO and couldn't feel any more pg at the moment. I guess if they're giving false positives then I haven't got much hope if I'm getting a negative. Lol.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Sweety, don't forget they were giving Marydean a false negative when she was in fact Positive!

I had a false negative with two of these (I believe it was the same brand). I am wondering if it is more to do with the time of testing than anything. I will be wary in future of testing before I should.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I got a false -ve at 11 dpo with FMU with Fortel Ultra, but a blood test on 13dpo showed my hcg to be 73. So it was probably too early, and I would be wary now, too, of testing before AF is due.

How can it give a false +ve tho? Surely there is SOME hcg there for it to give a line? I read somewhere that even with blood tests.. they won't say it's +ve unless there's a certain amount of HCG.. so there could be some, but not enough for them to say you're pregnant.

i had that problem when i was trying to find out if i was pregnant with akira who is nearly 5 now. i had got hpt to see if i was preggie and it kept saying i wasnt and i was 2 mths late so i waited another month to see if that made a different nope still the same. so i ended up going to the dr's and they had the same problem. i need an u/s and found out i was 5mth preggie big shock.

this time round i went straight to the dr and had them do a blood test and all that. hpt are crap.

sorry to hear about your story carys. hope you get preggie soon keep shaking booty and you will get there.

Adele

How can it give a false +ve tho? Surely there is SOME hcg there for it to give a line? I read somewhere that even with blood tests.. they won't say it's +ve unless there's a certain amount of HCG.. so there could be some, but not enough for them to say you're pregnant.
    thats right liz some people dont get enough till the very end of there preggie and thats what happened to me every blood test i had came back BFN until i had 2 weeks left. my dr thinks it the way the body works sometimes.

Funny you mention that aboll as my mother in law has told me that when she was pg all the BT kept coming back negative at the Drs, it was only once she insisted on a Ultra Sound because she felt sick and belly was growing that she discovered she was pregnant. That was over 30 years ago but i thought it was a freak one off...Interesting.

I never had a problem with these tests. I first tested 9dpo and got a +ve result and tested again 10 dpo and got a +ve result and went to the doc's and bloods came back +ve...

walkingart- i know it is a very rare thing to have happen to you. it was a big shock to the system to find out you have 4mths to get your mind and house ready for a baby lol.

clare076 Guest

I was getting very clear positives with this brand and crystal clear and I hadn't even ovulated yet!!! In my opinion they are cheap for a reason, always back it up with a well known brand.

Clare - Can I ask why you were POAS if you knew you hadn't O'd yet?

I'm like Ngala, I got a faint positive at 9 and 10 dpo, so for me, this brand was fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast