Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fortel Ultra HPT - Unreliable and false positives

clare076 Guest

I didn't know I hadn't ovulated, it was the first cycle after AF following the lose of Max so my temp was doing silly things. FF had my o date originally at CD 15 so I started testing at CD 20 (silly I know), but the lines on both types of tests were coming up well within the time limit. I finally got a positive OPK at CD 22 and temp increased again and gave me a new coverline. Ultrasound has confirmed o date as around CD23.

morganj Guest

I've read that the Fortel Ultra can give you a false positive if your urine is acidic. Very strange really.

When I used fortel the control never came up . ended up using clearblue - no probs

Lol. I am a new test-junkie and have been using the Foretel strips over the last few days and have been getting BFN's. I know it was a little too early to test, but couldn't help it. AF is due on tuesday, and I am probably clutching at straws here, but has anyone had negative's with these strips and still been pregnant? Are they really that unreliable??
    Thanks!

hi everyone, just thought i would pass on my experience with fortel ultra hpts. i would say i have done about 100 of these over the last few years trying to conceive (now have two boys, ttc #3). i have definitely had countless false positives with faint lines appearing well within the test time. it seems to happen more when using FMU.

My advice would be to only trust the result for the fortel ultra if there is a strong positive line - ive been tricked too many times!

I know this is an old thread, but what about fortel extra? are they just as bad as the ultras?

I'm interested in hearing comments on Fortel Extra too....

*TamaraP* Guest

I have used Fortel Extra a week after I got my first +ve. It was strong and +ve.
    I always had problems with Fortel Ultra though. I was 5 days late once and I got a +ve on their brand (I always used FMU and a sensitive test so I would be squinting to see the line)
    Anyways, a second line came up straight away. I went to the DR's told him, he did BT came back -ve. Did another test (more expensive one) and it also came back -ve. Period came three days later.

I had no problems with the Fortel Ultra.

Had a weak +ve at 12 dpo and every day after that it got stronger till I went to the Drs and had my PG confirmed.

I just bought a "Fortel forelife" it was reduced at the supermarket for $9 and the girl at the counter put it through for $2...anyway bargain. I just used the Ovulation part of it (5 OPK, 3 HPT) and yesterday it was neg and today it is positive. Has anyone had problems with the OPK part or just the HPT part of fortel products.
    Thanks
    Heidi

charliebrown Guest

Default Fortel Ultra

I tried the Fortel Ultra this month and I got two positive results, but I am not pregnant. This test should not be on the market. It gives couples false hope and I believe it can be extremely damaging!

Babushka Doll Guest

Hmmm, I am so sorry to all of you who have had negative experiences with Fortel Ultra, It definately seems that there is a flaw with these test.

However, my experience was very positive. I used this brand on DPO 9 and got a feint feint line, which only got stronger and I am indeed expecting.

Im sure others have had positive experiences but its disturbing that there are so many negative as they seem to be very popular saying that they can pick up the smallest amount of hormone in there test the only ones on the market..

Makes me wonder if the first test was actually a false positive (being so early) ??

Something really needs to be done about this problem as it is causing alot of unwanted hurt and anxiety amongst us.

I really do think that the best way to overcome this is to wait untill your period is late before testing.

I know how hard the TWW is but in all honesty waiting a few extra days to have a more accurate result has got to be better than such dissapointment.

When I was TTC for Angus I had a +ve HPT so when I went to the Drs and tested -ve there. It was heartbreaking and I bawled for hours!
    The Dr reassured me that the tests they use test for a higher level of HCG than the early tests used on the market and to come back in a week for a repeat test if AF still hadn't come.
    They test for a higher level of HCG because many (I don't have a stat in front of me right now so I'm saying many...) fertilised eggs do not develop into pregnancies for whatever reason.
    Sure enough a week later I tested BFP at the Dr's and I didn't waste any more of my money POAS at home.

This isn't directed to anyone in particular. I'm just trying to be a help and I think that maybe if you are being upset by "false positives" then maybe change the way you test.
    Chances are that there was a fertilised egg that was making the test show a feint positive but then the PG hasn't continued.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12