Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

i got pos 2months in a row with pregnow and i wasnt preg. i have heard alot of bad things about them. i wouldnt recomend them to anyone.

Makes you wonder how they can keep selling them hey!
    I would highly suggest another brand or blood test.

Renstar you are right... 10miu tests are better off in the days leading up to when AF is due, and the 20miu ones are better after 16-18DPO... you need to have only 10 'units' of HCG in the urine for the 10miu to pick it up, whereas you need to have at least 20 'units' of HCG for the 20miu to pick it up.

I used first response midstream early test, which are great. 10miu, and can detect from 9-10DPO. Its possible that you are testing with a test that isn't sensitive enough.

Hi Everyne,

I am new to this thread but thought someone might be able to help me. I am currently under going IVF and had a blood test yesterday to see if my last transfer was successful. It came back with a reading of 27.5 which by most standards is a positive. However this is the equivalent of 16 days DPO so the clinic are concerned it is not high enough to be viable. I have been taking HPT's that measure 10mui for a couple of days before the blood test, the same day and today but all are still BFN even though it should be sensitive enough to pick up 27.5. I have another test on Monday to see if my levels have doubled.

Has anyone ever heard of being pregnant but never getting a BFP on a HPT?

Thanks
    Shelly

Just found this thread whilst searching.... turns out girls i just had false BFPs that month never using those hpt's again!! they're [email protected]!

Shelly - hello, i noticed noone has responded to your question. yes it is possible your pregnancy may not show on HPTs and only on a blood test.... i've heard of women here on BB getting blood test results showing positive from 4wks etc yet the HPTs didnt show as positive until they were into their 8th week or so!!! crazy.... but it happens.

MadMikkie Guest

I'm really confused! I used Crystal Clear yesterday mid afternoon. I got a strong line and a faint line. In fact - you can still see the faint line on the test....it hasn't gotten any stronger than what it was yesterday and it's only marginally fainter. I'm 3days past due today.

Went to the doctor today and I don't know the brand she used - seemed to have 3 windows in it & was a white rectangle - and she got a negative. So then decided to do a blood test. Now waiting-either tomorrow PM or Wednesday PM

I've had a negative on a pt many years ago when I went to family planning clinic- knew there was something up so demanded a blood test from the doctor and sure enough - I was pregnant.

I really don't know what to think. I have meds I'm on that is not recommended for pregnant women, so I need to kjnow asap so I can remove myself from them and only use them if they prove to be more beneficial for me to be on them than not...you know what i mean there. If I can cope with out them.

So yes - real confused. Has anyone else had this experience? I haven't told the husband yet because I don't want to pre-empt....but I just need to 'talk' to someone because this is beginning to become stressful.

smiles4u Guest

I used the same test and got the same result.

One strong line & one faint line.

Did the test again the next morning & got the same result.

I booked an appt for the next day with my GP (didn't tell DP, as I didn't want to get his hopes up) ... AND when i saw my GP told me when you get a faint line with any home preg test it means that you are pregnant

She did a test and she got the same result - One strong line & one faint line

She was telling me I was most likely pregnant( with a huge grin on her face) & I insisted on a blood test (had done at the hospital) and the next morn I rang her for the results ... Yep, PRESTO I was pregnant

I went on to have my 1st bub at 40

About the faint line, ... I still have THAT pregnancy test & that faint line is still there would you believe it AND my daughter is now 21mths

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BLOOD TESTS RESULT & I HOPE YOU RECEIVE THE ANSWER YOU ARE WANTING !!

MadMikkie Guest

I have all the pregnancy tests from my successful pregnancies - including the one done at a gp's office with my 4 year old. I'm a tragic when it comes to memento's. that's why I still have this one and haven't tossed it. I have 3 boys and am turning 38 this year.

I guess if the blood test is negative, I'll toss it and then tell husband.

I used Pregnow tests- bought 20 of them cheap on ebay. They were very good at showing my negative results (no false results at least) and letting me test without feeling like I wasting money for 4 months. Then on our successful month they showed a faint positive at 11DPO which got stronger with more tests over the following days.
    I'd really recommend them to save money and let you test to your hearts content!

Edited to add: I just put a photo of my tests in my gallery if you want to see
    Last edited by meow; February 18th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Default faint line

I am due today and have done 4 tests in total, one fri (crystal clear) and was neg, 2 yesterday (one neg and one seemed faint to me, but maybe just being hopeful!!) and today i did another test using 'confirm' brand and I DO see a faint pink line..Has anyone used these before?? Any thoughts?? Thanks

Hi

I'm new to this forum stuff so I apologise if I don't use the correct abbreviations for things. Hubbie and I are trying for our first. I bought some OPKs and HPTs off the net last week but I've obviously already ovulated as AF (is that right?) started on Saturday. Ah well, I'll just keep using the OPKs. Anything to increase my chances sounds good to me I didn't want to buy them off ebay as I'm a bit worried that they may not work so I googled and found a site called Pregnancy Tests I'll keep you posted on my progress. Good luck to everyone TTC!!!

Sarah
    Last edited by Astrolady; June 28th, 2009 at 06:54 PM.

My period was due now two days ago, I did a test this morning but was negative, could it still be too early to tell? We have been trying for over two months now so I am getting a bit anxious!! My period is usually always on time so I can't help but think about it now!!

Default Hoping We Are Pregnant

Hello,

We took a test on Saturday morning at 5am, about a week after expected period. It was positive. Went to the doctor's on Sunday for their urine test at about 2pm and it came back negative. We were quite surprised. So, took another test Monday around 1 after finding the negative results and the second line was darker and almost immediate. These were both First Response, non-digital. Just to be sure, we went that afternoon and got a digital test and took it around 3. It almost immediately came back "pregnant." Does the time it takes for the results to come back matter? Does a faster positive result mean the levels are higher? We are going back this Saturday to test again with the doctor, but this time first thing in the morning. We really want to be pregnant, and assume we are. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by schavez96 View Post
    Hello,

We took a test on Saturday morning at 5am, about a week after expected period. It was positive. Went to the doctor's on Sunday for their urine test at about 2pm and it came back negative. We were quite surprised. So, took another test Monday around 1 after finding the negative results and the second line was darker and almost immediate. These were both First Response, non-digital. Just to be sure, we went that afternoon and got a digital test and took it around 3. It almost immediately came back "pregnant." Does the time it takes for the results to come back matter? Does a faster positive result mean the levels are higher? We are going back this Saturday to test again with the doctor, but this time first thing in the morning. We really want to be pregnant, and assume we are. Any thoughts?
    The tests the Drs use aren't anywhere near as sensitive as FR. Don't worry about the negative in her office, congrats on your pregnancy .

I had the same thing happen to me, except I did something crazy like 12 fr tests before I went to the Dr. After my negative at the Drs he sent me for bloods that came back positive. At my 12 week check he told me that there were several other ladies that got negatives that week when they were pregnant. It turns out the batch of tests they had were dodgy and they hand to send them all back.

Congratulations are in order I say. Get a blood test then there is no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Thank You

Thank you for those who responded. We will be going on Saturday for another urine test...though will take another HPT tonight or tomorrow morning. We are pretty sure we are pregnant, but still would like to have the doctor verify it. Thank you for helping us feel better.

Hi everyone. My name is Damien, my partner and i have been TTC for 3 months now. she did a first response test yesterday which showed positive and a clear blue digital today which was negative. We are a little confused now. can anyone help me please? thanks

Hey Damien I had the same thing happen to me when I was trying. From experience and what I've read..you can get a false negative with a home preg test but not a false positive. I'd say go to the doc and have a blood test confirm but sounds very promising!! Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you both! Be sure to let us know how it goes!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast