Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How early for a +hpt and which test?

Default How early for a +hpt and which test?

Okay, today I am cd22. I think I ovulated on cd 14 so I am 8dpo.
    I have been getting a second line on opk's and was curious as to why as a second line never happens for me unless I am about to ovulate.
    So, I did a hpt on Sunday and it appeared to be ever so feintly positive - squint factor was very high.
    Today (Monday) I did a First Respons hpt and within 3 minutes got a feint positive - arms length I could see the second line. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing as I miscarried on the 28th November and I assumed that I would take a while to conceive again. I am/was gobsmacked.
    By about 10am (31/2 hours after the initial test) the test line had faded but was still there, feint but there.
    I am shocked, scared and concerned I am delusional!
    Has anyone tested positive this early? Has anyone had the test line colour fade?
    I have purchased a two pack of crystal clear, did anyone get accurate early results with these? I will try again in the morning I guess.
    I pray that it truly is a BFP. What a beautiful Christmas present that would surely be!
    Love and thanks for your help,
    Deb[/b]

*TamaraP* Guest

Deb - I did a search on this and they say that test lines that disappear are to be counted as negative, but yours aren't disappearing are they??
    I have gotten a very faint, kinda like a shadow line at around 8DPO and as the days progressed they got darker.

I would wait until maybe a week and if AF hasn't arrived test again sweety... to you, I am hoping this is the real thing for you!!

Hi Tamara,
    Thanks for that, yes I have been fooled by one of those disappearing positive lines before and that is why I am asking. This line is still very much there, pink and not grey like an evaporation line. I did the test at 6.30am and the line is still visi ble now at 5.30pm.. With the disappearing lines they disappeared within the hour. So, I am thinking that this is not the case. However because of my past experience I am dubious, that is why I purchased the crystal clear and not the First Response again. If there is a line I will believe it. However maybe the crystal clear do not detect as early and therefore I won't get a line! Talk about head case! And after I promised myself I wouldn't test early, here I am at 8dpo!!!
    Thanks and hugs again,
    Deb

Wow - that's early, but and dust: it's a Christmas BFP for you. How exciting!

Deb, it is sounding really promising for you. I know for myself, I never got strong BFPs with Crystal Clear even when AF was a week late. I have since used Fortel Ultra nd found they gave me the best results.

Maybe wait another couple of days and re test to see if the line gets any darker.

Good luck matey.

I hope this is it for you!

Thanks for your help.
    I have decided that I am not going to test Tomorrow, I will wait until Thursday. That way I will know either way. The lines were definitely there and still are so I know I am not imagining this.
    I am just going to sit on my hands. After Kazz saying she didn't have an early response from Crystal Clear I am not going to do it for a couple of days as that way it will be conclusive. If a test is registering any sort of positive today by Thursday it should be nicfe and dark if I am in fact pregnant. It is just sooo early to get a positive, though I have read of reports as early as 7dpo so it is possible!
    Just having the experience of the false positive tests earlier this year I have doubted the line - especially as it has faded a bit.
    My bb's are sore, sorer tonight than this morning and they look like road maps - veins. I am nauseous on and off but feel like eating. I am soooo tired and soooo cranky. Thouogh I think crankieness is due to confusion. I don't know why I even thought to poas on the weekend. I wish I hadn't. I was so adamant I was not going to test early - you can't get much earlier than this!
    Thanks again for helping, you must all think I am a bit of a goose!
    Lots of love,
    Deb

Deb good luck when you test again i hope that line gets darker for you.

Oohh ... best of luck for Thursday.

Ya know, while 7DPO seems early, some of the tests market themselves as being accurate at 7DPO, so presumably that must be true for *some* people. Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones :smt102

More and more I think I have just got a bodgy test. It is still feintly positive, almost 36 hours after I initially did it. I ovulated somewhere between day 13-15 according to my opk's. So, I am now 8-10dpo, I would say I am 9dpo.
    Well when my replacement tests arrive from the company I will poas with my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer as I go!
    Thanks for your help.
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

sonsangel Guest

I don't want to get your hopes up too much yet, but I have heard of the OPK's working as HPT's as well.
    I have my for you and sending extra :bdust: your way too.

Good Luck!

Thanks Sonia and Inspiration,
    Wow what a roller coaster this week has been. I just had a big melt down moment. With christmas here, I have been thinking how we should have had a six week old by now - I think I am having a bad week and all of this with the bodgy tests has tipped me a little. Sorry....
    Yes Sonia opk's do work in a similar way to hpts and that is what raised my suspicions. With my last pregnancy I tested the theory. I was registering a second line on opk's by about 10dpo. On day 11 I got a feint pos. hpt and a two shades from positive opk. The opk showed up before the hpt. But with me I only ever get a second line on the opk prior to ovulation and then a clear stick. Both opk's and hpts measure the same beta subgroup of which hcg is included. Hpts however are only measuring for hcg. It does work (for me). However this month I wonder if my body geared up to ovulate on day 14 and didn't and that is why I got the second lines again on day 19 and 20.. I guess I can expect some variances of normal given my miscarriage last month.
    Thankyou again for your support and empathy. I really needed it today.
    Love, hugs and happy Christmas,
    Deb

sonsangel Guest

FC - :flower: I'm sorry you are feeling so all over the place right now. Let it all out it will help in the long run. It's so hard being such a family orientated festive season. It will et easier hun, just take each day at a time, and let those tears flow. It's good to get it out, as long as you still get to enjoy the sunshine of the day too.

Hope you're feeling better and my fingers are still crossed for your New Years results.
    Take care

how are you doing hun? i tested at 10dpo with first response and it came up immediately - if the line is there within the alotted time then its a positve and even if it goes away again it can still be classed as a BFP - how are you going this week?

Thanks AJ I am going fine now. I am not testing until New Years day if AF doesn't come. I see your ticker is moving along nicely. Has the morning sickness eased off?
    A line within the alotted time is supposed to be a positive but First Response globally are having huge problems with 'disappearing positives'. You can read about it in my post entitled First Response/Discover Onestep disappearing positives. You can also read about it if you do a google. Unfortunately with some of these tests a positive does come up in the alotted time but disappears some time later, usually within the hour. The test is positive during the first ten minutes and then goes. The company issued a 'disclaimer' some months ago that says a true positive should stay positive for 48 hours. If it 'disappears' during that time than it should be regarded as a negative. So, with this particular brand/brands if the line disappears after the ten minute mark it should be regarded as inconclusive and another test of a differing brand should be taken.
    I have used First Response and Discover with no problems in the past - I used Discover to confirm my four childrens pregnancies, however these problems have begun approx 12 months ago. Some of the tests are fine. Some are not. It is a bit like Russian Roulette I am afraid. Anyway you won't need to be using a HPT for some time yet!
    Love to you and Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!
    Deb

nope m/s still here pretty well in full force - doing everythign i can to stop it tho - trying hard -

that is a bit dodgy that those tests can be a false positive - the ones i have used - admittedly not those brands all the time have been any change in result after the allotted time should be diregarded!!! well good luck for testing hun - and fingers crossed you get a good result....

Dodgy is absolutely right!
    I haven't heard of any other brand of HPT that the positive line disappears. I have kept all of my HPT's for my babies pregnancies. The oldest one is over 11 years old now and is still positive! The disregarding any changes refers to any positive lines showing after the allotted time. That is a test that was negative at 10 minutes that loooks feintly positive at 20 minutes, often that happens due to the dye interacting with the chemicals. Hcg reacts with the reagent strip of dye so once that occurs the dye should fix and not disappear. It would seem with the faulty tests the dye is reacting with the urine weather it detects HCG or not. This is why the company issued the statement that a positive should remain positive for at least 48 hours. There are many reports on the web of false negatives for this test also. Women report having a negative with this brand and being positive with other brands. I haven't experienced this but these women report that they have.
    Receiving a false positive, or a positive and an hour later finding that it is now negative is extraordinarily distressing. The company were meeting on Friday and they called me to tell me the outcome of the meeting but I wasn't home. So, we have to wait until next week to find out.
    Let's hope they recall the product so any more women don't have to be affected like this.
    Love to you,
    Deb

i reckon surely there must be some consumer garantee around this matter - thats terrible for people to think they may have a pg when they do not - grrr start a petition i'll be the first to sign!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast