Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does LH surge/+OPK last

Hey bella, well the nausea is persisting, but the last hpt i did on the weekend was bfn so im presuming the nausea is either stress, or something else related???!!! not sure...

But we are ttc this month very exciting!

Hi Kristy,

any signs of AF?? hopefully your still AF free!!!

8 dpo TODAY for me, I am starting to get nervous as the wait is almost over!!

bella
    xxx

Default AF arrived -right on time!

I dunno.....I thought we did everything right.

But AF arrived exactly on time the 13th. Which makes my cycle exactly 24 days.

We BD'ed for days...!!

I got my first positive OPK on CD 12... though to CD 17...

what do I do now??

Hi Kristy,

so sorry to hear that AF is arrived for you. I am sure i will be joining you on the 20th like you I am always on time.

I don't know what to tell you, why it didn't work but same would go for me, as we are both doing it when we should, it should just happen, but the powers that be have other idea's I guess.

how long till you can try again, my next try will be Jan 5th see I am already setting my self up for a neg and planning my next try, but it won't stop me from really hurting when I do find out if it's neg, it's always so disapointing and sad!

get back on the wagon and try try again!!

keep your chin up.

keep me posted I will keep you posted when I test.
    Bella
    xxx

Hey Bella, well.. on the upside of things cause my cycle is always 24 days, I get to try again around the 23rd of Dec.

Hubby and I have decided that this weekend we will endeavour to get to our local GP - he's really attentive and only works Saturdays, a little bit more expensive, but he will actually listen to us - and may send us for some tests.

I am still undecided if I should use OPK's again this month. I am also wondering if any leftover sperm from bd'ing can make you get a positive OPK?

Hi Kristy,

Hey darl that sure is an upside.....it's just around the corner.....I have ages to wait if it's a neg (I am really expecting a neg) my (.)(.) are not sore and tender anymore, just huge swollen....but thats from putting 5kgs back on that I just lost a few weeks ago.....I have been eating like mad!

I would use the OPK's again....just buy a different brand....try 1st reponse they are really good.....I got pregnant with my Isabella using them and this time I have them and some ebay ones.

no sperm won't do that to an OPK hun.....it only picks up LH hormone....if unsure google it.

good idea to get a check up, going on your number it sounds like your LP might be to short I have read on the forum's if it's to short it's to hard to get pregnant. so might be worth looking in to that as well.

goodluck hun!!

will keep you posted when AF arrives!! 9 DPO today for me.

Bella
    xx

Hey Bella, how's things... did you get a BFP?

Went to the gp and he did some prelim fertility tests, they look normal ( I got a copy sent home) and hubby had his sperm tested, but no results yet. We go back to the GP on Saturday morning to hear the breakdown.

I am a bit dubious, as the test he did were very minimal, he didn't even check my progesterone.

FSH was 5 U/L
    LH was 3 U/L
    Oestrodiol was 219 pmol/L
    Prolactin was 222 mU/L

All tests were done one CD 8 and I O'ed on CD 12.

Dr thought it could be PCOS but there is no evidence of that at all, even on internal ultra sound - which was done in July. The only thing that was picked up was 2 fibroids, 21mm and 12mm in length.

I am not sure that my letueal phase is short, as there is 14 days between my first postive OPK and the 1st day of my next period (on average)

I am thinking of trying some alternative therapies like meditation and acupuncture, has anyone else tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    Hi Beccas, I'm no expert on OPKs (never actually seen a +ve one!) but did you know that OPKs can sometimes detect pregnancy before a HPT? just a thought...!!
    Are you serious? I've never heard of this.
    How early do you think a OPK can detect a pregnancy?
    De

OK IM NEW TO THIS BUT WE ARENT TTC ,,, although im very aware of my cycles and tracking but a bit confused...is it possible 2 b pg?
    my cycles 28 days we dtd,,,,,
    day 1 of my cycle 14th dec.... dtd 23 dec 25th and 26th dec .....)
    so day 10 , 12 and 13.... before o(day 14 i would ovulate)..
    i hope this makes sense as im goin crazy?
    thanks heaps any advice would b great
    savina

I would say yes you could be... if you O on the CD 14 and DTD on CD 10, 12, 13 - sperm last for upto 3 days.

its early days yet though - you wouldnt know for another 2 weeks.

I would say yes you could be... if you O on the CD 14 and DTD on CD 10, 12, 13 - sperm last for upto 3 days.

its early days yet though - you wouldnt know for another 2 weeks.

krikkit - so i join the 2 ww i guess .. this is the hard part .....thanks 4 your tips

dp has no idea but i did tell him i was goin off the pill... as ive ben more depressed with it... so i wanted 2 give it a break i just stopped it 2 wks ago so im not sure if i could fall pg this soon after being on the pill..
    while weve been dtd he hasnt pulled out iygwim... im not sure y... i hope he hasnt 4gotten as if i fall pg he will go off,,,, and think ive tricked him.... which i guess i have .. he doesnt want anymore kids ,,, but i told him the other wk i told him i still have reservations...
    so i will wait the anxious 2ww , alothough i have tested at 12 days with my last pg and it gave me a positive.. so i may cave in and do it earlier 2.. i just wanna no i hat this part
    thanks for reading this i have no one else 2 talk 2 about it.....so i appreciate anyone who gives me some of the knowledge...
    xo

I have heard that you can be the most fertile after you come off the pill.

I am on the 2ww at the moment, but we have just found out about hubby having a low sperm count, so it would be a little miracle if we did get pregnant this month.

I have heard that you can be the most fertile after you come off the pill.

I am on the 2ww at the moment, but we have just found out about hubby having a low sperm count, so it would be a little miracle if we did get pregnant this month.

Hi Kristy,

sorry hun I have been away.
    anyway my update is no BFP, Af come right on time, so AF has now been and gone, I am on CD 7 today, and my husband has told me he is going away fishing over the weekend after NYE, which is my fertile window, so not happy! so I don't expect to be in the TWW!!! I am praying he goes a day later for somthing, working on it.

thats great you went to the doctors hun, so after all the test have you been given the all clear?

oh I just read the last post so your husband has a low sperm count, so what will they do now?

when is your TWW due to test hun?

If I can pin point my husbnd this month it will Jan 20th! still ages away!

Bella
    xxx

Hi Savina,

I agree with Kirsty, if you DTD on day 10,12 and 13 and if you O'd on Day 14 or even day 15 it's a really high chance you are pregnant, are you having any symptoms?

mmm DP sound have been pulling out hun, I have never gone back on BC after having my Isabella, we just count the days and he pulls out, it has worked for 2 years, now we are TTC# 2.

I see you have 4 children, looks like your very fertile, when are you due to test?

good luck hun.

Bella
    xxx

kristy- sorry 2 hear about dh i hope they goin 2 be able to advise u wat u guys can do ... or how they can help u....good luck on the 2ww... u never know ....also i didnt realise that coming off the pill u can b very fertile oh oh...

bella- i fell last yr when dh was pulling out.... but didnt stick...he wasnt happy neither was i we were shocked as we had done this 4 yrs and had no probs....
    im not due to test until the 5th jan ....so gotta wait grrrrr
    symptoms ive had a few aching bb...and pains in my stomach a bit like period pains... but mayb 2 early really just me over reacting probably noiticing every little thing,,,could mean anytghing i guess we will see
    thanks all
    savina
    xxxx

Hi Savina,

your very fertile, you will have to be super careful by the sounds of things. are you under 30?
    5th of Jan is around the corner so not long to wait, I don't O till 5th Jan! so at least your wait is almost over! fingers crossed you get what you want hun.
    good luck
    Pamela
    xxxx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast