Thread: how many times?

Red face how many times?

hello there, i was just wondering does it matter what time dh and i ttc whilst i'm ovulating? does it make a difference if we ttc in the morning or night time? is there a better time? and also is just once a day enough? these opk kits drive me nuts as the line is not quite as dark as the control line and i just get too confused so i figure we will just try everyday while there is some sort of line there! is that the best option do u think?

I used an opk this time and my dh was doing lots of overtime at work, so the only time we dtd was the night before I o'd (I had gotten a line almost as dark as the control line that morning) and it worked! Usually i would suggest the day before and the day of O, but we just did it the once cos of night shifts...

Good luck!

Thanks for that, congratulations to u! all the best for a sticky one! did u try for long?

there was a tip bit in the paper the other week were someone had done a study ( of who I have know Idea) where he worked the best time of day for both enjoyment and to concive is 5pm dont know if its true I have three kids and I can tell you now none of them would have been made a 5 pm LOL but give it a go if it works let us know I might just use it next time to have number 4 LOL

LOL mumisabella - we didn't try for long at all... 1 month with ds1, 2 months this time! And both times we really only dtd the day before O!

wow! someone is fertile lol! well dh and i dtd at 3am yesterday morning (before he had to go to work- so tired!) and then 2pm yesterday i got a positive LH surge on opk but we didnt manage to have sex last night (after i detected the surge) and we have not had sex today yet - even tho it is still only morning! does dtd before i detected the surge count? and if we have sex tonight that will still be good wont it? i just really dont wanna miss that little egg
    thanks for all the help x x x

I would say the more the better.. unless hubby has sperm issues

Dtd before the surge is good... assuming spermies are healthy they'll hang around for a few days so will still be there when you Ov.

Good luck!!!

With this one, we dtd two days before O. Sperm can last up to 5 days so u should be right honey. I have my fingers crossed for u

oh thankyou to you all for your help and advice! i'm a little new to this whole ttc thing so please bare with me! you have all been wonderful. i have my fingers crossed for u all to. Baby Dust to everyone! lots of love and luck x x x

good luck mumisabella!!!!! My theoryis that if you get a surge using th OPK then go crazy!! do it as much as you can for a couple of days hehe!!!!!! that is what we did and it worked first go of using the OPK's.

I hope we caugh the eggie.. we have been b-ding like there is no tomorrow and i got a postive opk 3 days ago!

oh fingers crossed for us both! we have been dtd everyday since so hope it has been enough so far lol! baby dust x x x

from what I have read, at least 2 days before O and one day after.
    For the best oportunity, as soon as you start to get EWCM you go for it each day until it stops.

oh I am really over b-ding...!!!!!!!!!

oh me too!! but at least i know that i have hopefully covered the important days and dtd so much really made me more relaxed about it and not so padantic about whether we are doing it enough lol. now i think i am on the 2WW... its not so bad so far.. give me another few days and i might be a lil curious i am starting a new job this week so hopefully that will take my mind off the whole waiting game and time will fly and HOPEFULLY a BFP will show up! Baby Dust x x x