Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many weeks before a BFP

I think having a BT is the only way to go now. Like i said before go down to W&C and get them to do it. You've had the bleeding before so they will check you out and at least that way you will know today and you sholdn't be there long.

Go and get a blood test today!!! You are so like me!!!!
    Confirm usually do not come up with any evap lines (not with me anyway)!!

my dr closed at 12, and i am about to leave to go to mums for the night, so i will go to Dr's on monday, if i cant get in the morning will try another local Dr so i can get results same day, if i cant do that then i will go to w&c.
    But i am going to do that on Monday. Im not stressing and my hopes arnt up (well not like normal anyway) so im not to fased about waiting til monday, it'll only be once monday comes will my hopes etc go up!

so Kah - you dont get evap lines with Confirm? i went and googled it to and only a couple of people over the years have got evap lines with confirm, so im thinking its prob a good brand.

I will be back on tomorrow arvo/night and let you know what tomorrows test says.

Thanks for all your responses, keep them coming they are really helping me iykwim!

Naomi, I also used Confirm brand and it didnt give me an evap line.

I hope you can get to a doc for a blood test soon!

How did you go sweetie, waiting to hear from you!!
    for you

check out my thread in ttcamcal for updated info

lol - i forgot about copy and paste: this is what i posted in the ttcamcal forum

Hey girls,

just an update, i finally got in to see a Dr, i went to a different one then my normal Dr.
    I had to explain to him about my history and what has been going on etc, he litterally drilled me for answers and why this and why that, and why i had waited so long before seeing a Dr! OMG
    So he did a external exam, and then a half a pap smear (just without swabs) then he did an internal exam (by this point im really uncomfortable), but i knew he was doing what he thought was best.
    I also did the Dr's hpt, came back -ive.
    He said after the exams that we are to assume im not pg, but he wants me to go for a bt and a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound. As he thinks its quite possible that i may still have some of jan m/c stuck in there and that i need to be thoroughly checked out and make sure. im not allowed to get my bt results til tomorrow, but i had to make my own app for the ultrasound, to find out i cant get in til thursday.
    I rang the Dr back to let him know this and the receptionist said that would be fine as Dr wouldnt have expected the u/s results back tomorrow? WTF??? he said to me to book an app with him tomorrow, which i did, but i couldnt get my bt results back til then either as he wanted to read both results together and for me to assume the bt will come back -ive.
    Im sooooo scared, confused, very emotional and angry at the same time
    WTF is going on???
    He wrote on the u/s piece of paper that my cervix is closed? is this a good sign? he also wrote there was no tenderness when he was pushing and prodding, but HELLOOOOOOO there was and i told him, i was just wound up about having some strange Dr's fingers up me that i didnt comment at all through that exam!
    I guess im just a no hopper, im never going to be pg, im going to have problems like this all the time, and its never going to happen to ME......

oh and the other thing he said to was that, i probably didnt have a m/c in 2003, as i had the implanon, he said its impossible to be pg on it! I told him that my dr said it is possible but not common and that the implanon was the reason i had the m/c, he said i dont think so bla bla bla, so now im doubting whether or not i had a m/c back in 2003, and he wrote down on his notes that it was a maybe m/c in Jan this year! like WTF?? wouldnt i know whether i had a m/c or not? Yes i didnt have bt in jan (i told him i did though to get him off my chest), but i did hpt's which i watched the 2nd line get fainter and fainter til it disapeard, i had my other Dr do an external exam, although i did ask for a ultra sound, she said as the bleeding has stopped, and i had no more cramping etc there was no need!
    So basically this Dr is saying, i never was pg, im not pg, and by the looks of things i might not ever be pg!

I know i get the bt results tomorrow, but my heart is saying be positive and my head is saying be reasonable! So i dont know if i'll be upset by the bt results coming back -ive or not, I havent told Rick, thought i would wait until i knew the results of the bt before telling him, and say im not pg but they want me to go in for an ultrasound, as they want to check me out etc. That way i dont have to worry him about maybe pg maybe not pg, and then the ultrasound, atleast this way he'll know yes or no, and the ultrasound is just a precaution iykwim? I need his support for thursday, i know emotionally i wont cope. I get myself worked up too easily he helps me keep my feet on the ground.

So sorry pumpkin, hope it all goes to plan for you sending you lots of

Thankyou, will keep you updated with what goes on with the results
    thankyou again

Naomi, I'm so sorry you're going through all this confusion and conflicting advice. I hope the blood test comes back with the result you want

BT results

He said my bt showed levels of hcg (refused to tell me what they were) but said they wernt high enough to say im pg. He said it was a possibility (couldnt guarrentee anything til he had the us reults) that i still have something inside me. I told him about last months fake + and that i had my hcg levels checked etc and it was 0, he quickly changed his tune and kept smilling, but still refused to talk to me more until he had the u/s results, which he couldnt move closer. I have another app with him on Monday!
    But thats all i got out of him really, basically a complete waste of time! and $10!!!!

Thankyou Disgirl

mmm no doctor can refuse to tell you what your results are. That is quite scandalous! Is your u/s this week? If you have had a quantatative hcg done that was 0 and this latest test shows a level you need to ask some questions. It is great that you are having an u/s. That will tell you if there is anything in your uterus. Have you had any temps? Any pain? Any abnormal/smelly/coloured vaginal loss??? If no it is unlikely that there are "retained products of conception".
    I am sorry you are going through all of this. Please keep us posted.
    Big hugs at this time.

Thanks Deb
    I never actually said so tell me what they are, i kinda just went along with it, but every time i brought the subject up he changed it!
    Have you had any temps? Any pain? Any abnormal/smelly/coloured vaginal loss??? no not out of the ordinary temps or pains, no discharge out of the ordinary either. THankyou for that, its kinda a relief.

So Deb would you know why my levels are up if im not pg?

ETA: yes u/s is this thursday

Naomi most labs will say a level of 5 or under is negative between 5-15 is iffish and inconclusive - they may be low because you are *just* pregnant or they may be low because there was a conception and implantation but things weren't right and the very early pregnancy ended - this is sometimes termed a 'chemical pregnancy' this is believed to happen frequently in a woman's fertile life - only in recent years with the invention of early detection tests was it shown. In the past it would have been a late period. I am not for a minute suggestion this is what has happened - in fact with it being a couple of weeks since you last bled I would think it highly unlikely that you had raised levels due to a chemical pregnancy a few weeks ago. I think it is more likely that your level is 5 or less. You definitely need to know the value of the hcg that was found in your blood work when you see the doctor next. I will be interested to hear what you ultrasound results reveal. I really think that they will be clear. Fingers crossed for you and big hugs.
    I

Thankyou for that Deb, so my levels would be some where between 0 and 15! i know you dont mean that ive had a chemical pg, but i really do appreciate knowing its a possibility.
    Thankyou i will find out my levels and the u/s results are the only way im going to get answers

Deb you were right my levels are under 5 they are apparently less than 2!
    so guessing im slim to none about being pg!
    oh well at least i know though right?

Yes, that is a definite negative. At lease now you know what's going on. Goood luck for this next cycle.

Hi Naomi,

Sorry for your news . Are you still going to have the ultrasound tomorrow?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast