Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe Baby

Thanks for your advice what brand do you have? I am thinking I will defiantly buy a reusable... but $70 so close to Cristmas... it might have to wait I don't understand ferning or anything... I really need to study it all more. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy&Daddy2Be View Post
    & you can re-use it each month? sounds interesting....
    Sorry just saw your post yes you can - well it says so.. I'd get mine from Chemist Warehouse

Also I had 'the chat' with OH. I explained that we need to get really serious about the baby making part of our lives, so I am going to start charting after my next period. I have no idea where to start, or what days are best to BD.

when i first started charting my cycle i used fertility friend (i still use it). it's a really great app/website. i would suggest ordering a BBT if you don't already have one. so you wait until your AF goes & every morning before doing ANYTHING (don't get out of bed, take it while you're still in bed) you take your temp, you record it into fertility friend, day by day it starts making a chart/graph, you also record the days you DTD, your CM, any other symptoms. i personally start using cheap ebay OPK tests around CD 13 as i O very late, so once you start recording + OPKs it estimates your most fertile days (it still estimates your most fertile days even if you just use your temp & no OPKs) it sounds very confusing to begin with but it does get easier... & VERY addictive; well for me anyway .. many more things too

I just signed up to FF, but I cant see my graph, I only put in todays but nothing?

The maybe babies are good. I have one around here somewhere I haven't used for years.... I wonder if I could dig it up, in case one of you girls want it... Let me have a look before I make any promises...

I loved my Maybe Baby. It was really helpful in charting and meant I didn't need OPk's. I was also too lazy/un disciplined to do my temps (there were so many variables that could affect it, I figured it would drive me even more batty than ttc was already!), so this was a great solution. I could also do it as often as I liked without wasting extra money after the initial outlay (could've spent hundreds on OPK's, lol!).
    I second Chemist Warehouse as the cheapest place to buy....can it be an early Xmas pressie?!

Good idea for the early Xmas pressie.. so many mixed reviews, seems it works for some but not others. Might start saving...

I used one for DD1 , I found it confusing and difficult to read .. I stopped using it and started charting and listening to my body and all the signs , i also used Wee sticks with DD2 ..

DFB - yes, some people didn't like it at all...it takes a while to get used to how much saliva to use, and you need to understand the different types of ferning too. I also found doing it twice a day helped, as I'd have no ferning one morning, full ferning in the arvo and just a little the next day. If I hadn't done it in the arvo, I'd have missed it...or still be waiting for O!

Remember some meds can mess with your ferning. I also read that CM does the ferning thing too, but never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLeigh29 View Post
    DFB - yes, some people didn't like it at all...it takes a while to get used to how much saliva to use, and you need to understand the different types of ferning too. I also found doing it twice a day helped, as I'd have no ferning one morning, full ferning in the arvo and just a little the next day. If I hadn't done it in the arvo, I'd have missed it...or still be waiting for O!

Remember some meds can mess with your ferning. I also read that CM does the ferning thing too, but never tried it.
    So mant mixed reviews... if it was only $20 I would just buy it, but being so expensive I am not sure I can justify it, well not with DP agreeing anyway - haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12