Thread: Maybe Baby question

Default Maybe Baby question

Hi all, I've started charting my first cycle since my d&c, & been using Maybe Baby with the charting, just to see how my cycle is working out. The chart is a bit all over the place at the moment!...still trying to work it out. I take my temp each morning & today was 36.05 celsius. I'm 12 days since AF started but over the past 5 days have still been getting light spotting, after it seemed AF had passed. Today's a little heavier verging on a light bleed (but it's old blood, not fresh- sorry for the graphic detail!)
    Aside from all this, the Maybe Baby readings aren't clear. There's no definite pebbling, it's just very random & blotchy. Are the fern patterns quite clear when they emerge? At the moment it's hard to make out any pattern at all. I know it's because of my body & perhaps my cycle isn't becoming as regular as soon as I'd hoped.
    I'm seeing my OB this Fri so will bombard him with this as well as all my other questions for him.
    I know diff things work for diff people, so I'll keep trying it for now. Anyone else used this & seen similar uncertain patterns? Your help is appreciated. All the best,

Hello, I found that the ferns started as little tiny lacy bits extending out from the blobby pebbly bits, then I had sort of 'clumps' of longer larger ferny bits without the pebbles, I looked at them for a few days before i realised they were the ferns! Then the pebbly bits came back mixed in with the ferns before the ferns disappeared completely. I usually need to fiddle with the focus a bit to see them, and sometimes you can see the pattern better near the edges instead of in the middle of the lens. The saliva really has to be dry properly, you might be using too much or not enough spit. Make sure you don't eat or drink anything before using MB, I do mine first thing before I get out of bed. I found it a really useful confirmation of my CM observations, but other ladies say it doesn't work for them at all. You might need to persevere a while before you start getting meaningful info from it.

HTH, I hope you get some more info soon and good luck on your TTC journey!

Hi Lou, I got PG on my first month using MBM. The ferning when ovulating comes up as definate ferning, you definately can't miss it, there will be no pebbles, or very few in it, just ferning all over the place. Just before I ovulate I got partial ferning which was pebbles, sort of attached to little lacey bits, like Mary dean said, but over the next few days they progressed to the full ferning. When I wasn't ferning sometimes I had pebbles and sometimes the microscope was almost clear, showing up no patterns at all.

If I were you, as soon as your spotting clears up, I would be BD'ing because ovulation is generally around CD14 on a normal cycle anyway.

Thanks ladies- I've been v good with not drinking water & doing the testing in the morning. Today was more partial I think, certainly more lacey bits than pebbles. I'd be BD'ing like a trojan right now if DH was home! Another 8 weeks to go till he's back from o/s... Till then, I'm just going to keep track of the cycles *sigh*....
    Lots of luck to you,

Oh, OK, is DH in the Army of Navy or something? Is great that you have got the time to pick up the pattern in your cycles first, hopefully you will get a little christmas bundle growing inside you!!!

Thanks for your vibes min- I hope so too! Yes DH is with the AFP & o/s for a 2-yr term. Comes back every 4 mths for a 1-mth break. We know the timing isn't ideal but the m/c kind of changed things for us. I'm seeing OB tomorrow & enquiring about IUI for us. Might help to make use of the months when DH is away rather than have the pressure in that 1-mth window of opportunity.
    Good luck to you & #2!