Thread: Ok I'm freaking out, need advice re OPK as PT

Default Ok I'm freaking out, need advice re OPK as PT

I really need some advice or explanation or something???

I hope there isn't a thread on this cause I was frantically looking and lost patience - I need answers ASAP!

This is our 5th month TTC, I am currently on CD26 (cycles range from 24-28 days), I am 11DPO.

This morning I done a HPT with hubby before he went to work, and we "found" after much scrutinising a VERY very faint line.

This started a massive test frenzy on my behalf...I did another different brand PT which was another VERY faint line, but not as faint as the first.

When I say faint, I really mean very faint.

But then I remembered you could use OPK's as a PT, so I done a test with ovonow.

The OPK came up + straight away, nothing faint about it.

Would an OPK detect pregnancy before a PT??? Im confused.

My hearts gone all fluttery and I keep checking all the tests lined up in my bathroom. The OPK has a very definate +, the second preg test you can "only just" see at arms length, and the first you search for the very very faint line.

What do you think? I mean I will test again tomorrow anyway...but I really want to know if the OPK would be reliable in detecting pregnancy like this??????????????

(oh and no congrats yet I need to be sure)

Hello sweety,

Sounds like you got a bun in the oven . An opk can often pick up hcg earlier than a normal hpt, and given you have got faint lines on the hpt, id say your pg. Test again tomorrow with FMU (use a hpt), and see how you go, it might just be a little early for a dark line on a hpt. Some women dont get those until 14dpo.

Good luck hun and let us know how you go.

I don't have any suggestions, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

ok im much calmer now!

ive disregarded all tests and will try again tomorrow.

perhaps we were searching too hard for a line IYKWIM?

maybe if i get a faint line tomorrow i will get a blood test???

and yep its definately testing my patience. but i hate needles, so i will put the blood test off as long as possible.

its hard cause i think sometimes you just want the line sooo bad, its possible we see something that isnt really there IYKWIM. (especially when its sooo faint!)

perthmum Guest

I think it sounds very hopeful! My first test was so faint nobody believed me, even my hubby!! But I knew it was +, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you! Have you had any symptoms??

yeah well mine were really really faint, so i dont know if its a true positive or a false positive or an evap line or just wishful thinking.

havent really had any symptoms.

i always have sore bbs pre AF so thats not really something i can factor in.

and im always a bit crampy as well.

so both things i have could be a sign of AF on its way, or pregnancy. other than that - zilch!

im sooo expecting a temp drop in the morning...

if my temp doesnt drop i think im going to be super excited!!!

OMG thedolphin I saw your temp rise this morning - are you going to test in the morning?

Good luck honey.

awww thanks girls.

im trying really hard to be cool, calm and collected here!

did another HPT this morning, again it had a very very faint line. hubby and i went into a discussion of how faint is too faint!

i had some bad pains this morning whilst making a cuppa...so half of me is still expecting AF to arrive.

if AF doesnt arrive sometime tomorrow i will be feeling pretty confident. i have never had a cycle last more than 28 days.

my fingers are crossed my temp stays high and AF stays away!

OOOOooh I really really hope u are preg luv...

I think a line is a line.....

All my fingers and toes are for you..

you're only 12 dpo so its very possible that its too early for a dark bfp.

Hang in there, and your temps are still looking good.