Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

Tracey76 Guest

Question Opinions?

Hi Everyone!!

I have done a heap of HPT over the last week for some very confusing results ... was wondering what everyones opinion was of the results I have gotten ..

Firstly, My cycle is very irregular AF comes and goes as she pleases, so far I have missed 2... but had a negative blood test about 6 weeks ago, so know I was not pregnant then. But I have been extremely nauseous (sp?) for about 2 months and getting dizzy spells and "going off" different foods and drinks. I stopped taking the pill over a fortnight ago .. I had missed the occasional one anyhow in the last few months.

I took a Clear Blue PT last Monday - Negative
    Did another Clear Blue on Wednesday & got a faint line.
    Another Clear Blue on Thursday mid morning - Negative.
    "Assurance" brand HPT Friday morning - Negative.
    Clear Blue HPT today, about 10.30am, a faint, but definate line.
    A Discover one step at midday - negative.
    Another Clear Blue about 4pm - negative.

Im not sure what to think?

Oh how annoying! I sympathise with you as my cycle is all over the place at the moment too.

When you say fait pos, did it come up in the time given? Can you see it at arms length?

I would disregard any neg in the afternoon and stick to morning testing from now on. Also the amount of water you drink can make a differnce too. I have always had good luck with Crystal Clear (avail from chemist) it NEVER gives flase pos(no matter how hard I willed it or how hard I studied it)

All the best

Tracey76 Guest

Hi Sarah!

Thanks for your reply

The "faint positive" I got this morning was with a Crystal Clear Midstream .. i got it mixed up with Clear Blue (oops ), just had a look at the box ... its the one where the positive is a cross in the window and the positive line is the vertical line. It took about 3 or 4 mins to come up and is a faint line with a darker outline to one side - you can see the darker section of the line from arms length.

Cheers
    Tracey

Well then I would say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Tracey76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~Saram~ View Post
    Well then I would say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Thankyou so much!!

Im still a little confused what to think though, as early this morning I got a negative Pregnosis and a negative Crystal Clear

When I fell pg with my DS I got a clear but light positive with crystal clear about 4 days after AF was due, went to the Dr a few days later and got a BFN! Freaked out big time got a blood test done and everything was fine, numbers were going up like they should but pg hormones make you drink more and pee more which can upset home tests. Were the ones this morning with FMU?

I think you should go and see a dr and get a blood test, then you will know one way or the other!

Tracey76 Guest

When I fell pg with my DS I got a clear but light positive with crystal clear about 4 days after AF was due, went to the Dr a few days later and got a BFN! Freaked out big time got a blood test done and everything was fine, numbers were going up like they should but pg hormones make you drink more and pee more which can upset home tests. Were the ones this morning with FMU?

I think you should go and see a dr and get a blood test, then you will know one way or the other!
    Yes, one was with FMU (Crystal Clear) and the other (Pregnosis) was at lunch time ..

I cant get into my dr till the 21st so am going to be tearing my hair out by then, LOL ... Going to try and get in with another dr asap to put my mind at ease, lol

Oh hoping you can get in to see someone and that you get good news!

I had one negative HPT in between 4 positive ones with one of my pregnancies last year. It did not progress beyond 5 weeks. I'd suggest you get an blood test done by any doctor you can get into. At least that way you will know what's going on. Best of luck.

Tracey76 Guest

I managed to get in and see a dr today, And get a bloodtest done, I get my results saturday ... OMG! I will be a wreck by then, lol!!! The nausea has been shocking and Ive been falling asleep every 5 minutes !
    Hopefully we'll have some good news on the weekend

Thinking of you and hoping for some good news!!!!!

Tracey76 Guest

Thinking of you and hoping for some good news!!!!!
    Thankyou so much Sarah

Tracey76 Guest

Well after being on cloud nine for the past two days - I got a BFP on a Crystal Clear HPT on Thursday, I was crushed to get my BT results today - a BFN

I dont know what the go is with these HPT, the positives I got were from the same brand, and the second line came up within a few minutes. Thursdays was a strong, dark line too

Oh Tracey,

i am so sorry to hear that! I think you still need to go and see a dr as to why you are getting positive tests! There is obviously soething going on there?????

Tracey76 Guest

Oh Tracey,

i am so sorry to hear that! I think you still need to go and see a dr as to why you are getting positive tests! There is obviously soething going on there?????
    Thanks Sarah,

I said to the Dr that I got a BFP Thursday and he just looked at me blankly and said, well this BT says you are Negative. Nothing else offered, didnt seem like he was too interested in discussing any further so I left .... I am so confused

I have a appoint. with a different Dr on the 28th, so might just have to wait till then

What a nasty dr! I hope the one on the 28th has soe answers for you. Do you know if it was a quanitive or qualitive test? A qualitive test has a minium amount of HCg. If you have over this you get a pos, under a neg. A qualitative test will give you an amount

Tracey76 Guest

What a nasty dr! I hope the one on the 28th has soe answers for you. Do you know if it was a quanitive or qualitive test? A qualitive test has a minium amount of HCg. If you have over this you get a pos, under a neg. A qualitative test will give you an amount
    Yeh, he wasnt very nice ... Wont be going back there thats for sure! Everyone was saying how easy it was to get an appointment with him, you could virtually ring up and get an appointment an hour later - no wonder why! lol

Not sure what type of test it was, as when he showed me the screen, it was a blank page, with 'Pregnancy Test" written on the left and "Negative" on the right, nothing else, which I hought was unusual

Oh my goodness I was reading this thread, and it was going on a real high and I was thinking I am just about to post good luck and then you said the BT came back negative. So sorry to hear that, it's so disheartening. But yes I agree definitely go and see another DR who hopefully will be a lot more sympathetic and hopefully you can ask all the questions you need and get some answers. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast