Thread: OPK as HPT?

Default OPK as HPT?

I know this has been posted on before - but I was hoping some of you could share your experience of using OPKs as HPTs earlier than you can get a BFP on a HPT.

I think I am 8 DPO and today i did another OPK (don't know why...just a POAS junkie I guess!) and it was a VERY clear +ve...I have heard that you can get a BFP via and OPK up to 7 days prior to being able to see it on an HPT.

So what I am asking is....has anyone used an OPK as an HPT, had a positive result and how many DPO were you and did it eventuate into a pregnancy?????

All replies/feedback welcome!

Hello?

Anyone there....? Please post if you can... Thank you!

Yes you can. I did and it was always a ...

But at 8dpo it will be very difficult to get a positive preg test. The earliest I got a positive (very feint) was 10dpo but I had a positive opk by around what you are now.

Only time will tell if this is a positive pregnancy or not but it is pointing tht way!

i did wtih an OPK at around 9dpo and even with a clearblue fertility monitor test stick. the opk always had 2 lines for me but they were darker every day then i got my BFP on 11dpo, i was doing the opk's every day for the cycle to see how my cycle worked but luckily i fell pregnant! good luck!

when I was pregnant with DS1 I used an opk as hpt when I was 14 dpo, and it showed up as a positive, I didn't want to test earlier and be disappointed to see a negative! Good luck I hope it was an early positive for you!

There is info about using OPKs as HPT if you search for site Peeonastick.com - there is all sorts of interesting info about HPTs and OPKs including photos. There is a whole section called 'OPK as HPT'.

As far as I know they are not trying to sell anything so I think it is okay to link that web address in here (sorry if it's not, mods).

Oh that all sounds very promising, thanks so much girls! I tested again today (using an OPK) and got another +ve, which is why I am thinking it must be more than just Ovulation. Although I do know some people can ovulate more than once a cycle so I have poor DH BDing all the time still!

I guess I am just so desperate to have my BFP....Only time will tell let's see whtat happens tomorrow!

I really hope that you get your BFP. Another + OPK sounds really hopeful. you have some good news very soon

This has happened to me previously, I didn't realise I was pregnant and was using OPKs and they were just postitive all the time.....turns out I was pregnant. I did miscarry, but that was due to other hormonal stuff!

But I'm back in exactly the same situation at the moment. I'm 11 DPO and have had very positive opk's for the last 3 days. Trying to control my urge to HPT and just wait and see if AF turns up!

I hope everything turned out well for you take care,