Thread: OPK and staff toilets!

Red face OPK and staff toilets!

I'm waving the banner for OPKs dont get me wrong, but a 2pm test time in a staff toilet is a little tricky.

Never mind the fact that workmen in the hospital ALWAYS seem to be working DIRECTLY OVERHEAD my staff loo (and I'm paranoid they can see me with cup and stick through the air vents), I then have to wait 5 WHOLE MINUTES while the OPK cooks away.. and then become aware of my collegues outside the door, waiting.

So, if I wait 5 minutes, then i think are they thinking i'm doing a long toilet business that'll be smelly (embarrassing), or do I try and surreptitiously hold my "cooking" OPK (horizontally, mind you), under my top and exit, then what to do with it when I wash my hands, (BIG SIGH).

It's complicated being a woman sometimes .....

What a dilemma Sharon. Maybe take in a plastic bag to put the test into. Like one of those zip lock ones perhaps.
    Otherwise, you could use the excuse that your top was caught in the zipper of pants etc. Thats what took so long to get out. Although, this might not work forever as people might think that you can't even dress yourself.
    Good luck with the testing and fingers crossed that you won't be having to do it for long.

Yes, well i guess it's hard to be very secretive at work anyway, since my male work collegue once caught me with my temperature charts on screen <cringe>.. (and scarily he knew exactly what they were) it's all kind of funny too though in a way!

I think today I'll go to a different loo on my way out on a client visit..

I hear ya hun!
    It it tough... I cant always get away to do them, and the waiting 5 mins is tricky... I work in a very small office, and we all share the loo (boys and girls), so I cant just hang around for 5 mins and wait.... I just shove it in my handbag (as carefully as possible, in a snap lock baggie) and head back to my desk. And sneek a look in my drawer... VERY TRICKY...
    I alwasy seem to need to run an erand at 2pm... oh well...
    Good luck chickie!!!
    xo

I did a hpt in the bathrooms at work, lol, and took in my handbag, like rufalina..

haha girls i'm glad i'm not the only one with the handbag thing!
    I don't think i'm game to do a HPT at work tho, I wouldn't be able to hide the big grin on my face if i got a positive!!!

It gets hard to make up excuses to be carrying a bag around at 2 pm.... oh well....
    the things we have to do.
    xo

I did this for 2 months. I peed on the stick, popped the stick back in its packet, walked back to my office, took it out of its packet then laid it flat on my desk behind by PC.

Another option is to pee in a container (urine containers are great) then take it home and check later that night. I've heard that urine stays "fresh" for 12 hours so testing your 2pm urine at night should work.

I am impressed ladies - there is no way I would try that. Thank goodness my tests show up positive at 5pm when I get home or I would be out of luck.
    I am constantly in awe of how creative women get when they want something to happen.
    Sharon - good luck with whichever option you choose. And I really hope it won't have to be sneaky for much longer.

I guess I could test at 5pm... but then where would I get my mid-afternoon excitement !!! heehee.

Oooh, now a memory is coming back to me of me in year 7, with a uniform that had no pockets, and having AF when most other girls didn't and being really self-conscious, and I used to walk to the girls' toilets with a sanitary pad up my armpit !!!!

I do my tests at school at the end of the day - I always take my handbag in with me, and then go straight to the car to check out the result!

I always tested later at about 7pm. I never has a +ve that early in the day so you could wait till you got home and test.
    Other than that you could pee in a jar and dip you stick in it somewhere else.

I recently did a HPT at work. Snuck it in under my skirt & then had to wait the 3 minutes or whatever - it seemed like an eternity. I was so worried that someone would come in & wonder why it was so quiet in there (we have 4 loos). No one did & it was a waste of time anyway cos it was a BFN. I then had to sneak it out under my skirt into the basin area & hide it really well in the bin... didn't want any rumours starting.

I am not certain but I *think* Lullaby may have a pee on a stick opk. Meaning you pee on the stick not in a cup. You will still be faced with the problem of escaping the toilet but at least there will be no cup!
    Try contacting Jodie she may be able to help. Good luck!